[3.3] BloodFlurry (18+ mill dps), Instant Leech, Inc. Hardcore Version (Elder/Shaper/Guardians/Uber)

"
hmcg020 wrote:
"
Why does your "budget friendly" version of this build use over 1000c of jewels and a blade flurry enchanted perfectly rolled abyssus?

not to mention insane rings, amulet and gloves. Sure they're not all t1s but the rolls alone are so uncommon and are going to be extremely pricey.

I think 2 better questions are why can nobody ever replicate the dps he claims to have, and why does he refuse to show his gear?

Because it's a build showcasing theoretical maximum dps possible to reach under perfect conditions, which include:

1) having been hit by a melee attack to trigger punishment
2) having generated power charges with a weapon switched Claws of Agony trap throwing
3) having full frenzy charges for Onslaught right off the bat (when starting a boss fight with long prelude such as Izaro or Shaper)
4) always being at full life to utilize Damage on Full Life multiplier (49% more damage). On average, it's impossible to always be on full life thus some hits will not have 49% more multiplier effectively lowering the dps, which is not accounted for in PoB dps number
5) being lvl 100 and having maximum skill points available to use
6) extremely expensive gear that would cost hundreds (if not thousands) of exalted orbs. Even the "more budget friendly" version of the build would cost up to 100 ex or more (amulet, rings, jewels, gloves, although not T1, have crazy expensive combinations of mods).
7) using concentrated effect gem (which no one would map with using blade flurry, but it is fine on bosses)
8) and lastly the DPS calculated in PoB is shown for trash mobs (dps is shown using conc effect, which is weird since no one would ever use conc effect to clear trash mobs). For bosses like Shaper or guardians it's almost half the dps shown.

Therefore, due to all the necessary measures needed to fulfill the first 3 conditions and taking into account the 6th and 8th conditions, the average DPS over a time period would be much lower than the number in PoB.

Having said all that, this build in a form it is presented, looks nice on paper, but in reality it's hardly ever possible for almost every PoE player due to ridiculous gear being used, and the non-budget friendly build is straight up not possible in a temporary Harbinger league, because I'm sure the 630 dps claw alone does not exist in this league, not to mention other gear.
Is viable to do this as a raider?

Thanks in advance.
"
MildorDArkehn wrote:
Is viable to do this as a raider?

Thanks in advance.

You can do this as a raider. The main down-side is that you won't be reflect immune. One of the main reasons why we go scion is to get both the benefits of Raider and Elementalist. With the elementalist we get an additional 50% elemental reflect damage reduction.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Tell me what do you prefer? Buy Rare Claw with 300+ pdps? Or Buy ToA + 6l Armor with more than 100 hp + Rings and Amulet? My currency is +- 140-150c atm.
"
Kawasaki312 wrote:
Tell me what do you prefer? Buy Rare Claw with 300+ pdps? Or Buy ToA + 6l Armor with more than 100 hp + Rings and Amulet? My currency is +- 140-150c atm.

I would go with ToA/Armor/rings/amulet, that would give you a better overall balanced build than spending all of it on a rare claw.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped

I die way to much for this to be any fun. tier 7,8,9. Die, die, die.
Often one shooted.

The damage output is good, but survivability is horribel.

What should I change?
"

Often one shooted.

What should I change?

What kind of map mods are you running? Also, remove the physical to lightning damage conversion gem and replace it with Increased AoE (for mapping) and concentrated effect for bosses. Once I get back home I'll import your build and take a closer look.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
"
"

Often one shooted.

What should I change?

What kind of map mods are you running? Also, remove the physical to lightning damage conversion gem and replace it with Increased AoE (for mapping) and concentrated effect for bosses. Once I get back home I'll import your build and take a closer look.

No special mods, easy ones, I die on like all of them anyway
Normaly I run incresed aoe and/ or conc.

edit
Switched melee full life for fortify, now much better
Last edited by MagnusSandberg on Aug 25, 2017, 7:01:37 PM
zabosnu - would it be too much to ask for you to make your character public so we can keep an eye on your progress?
"
"
"

Often one shooted.

What should I change?

No special mods, easy ones, I die on like all of them anyway
Normaly I run incresed aoe and/ or conc.

edit
Switched melee full life for fortify, now much better

Oh, yes, fortify is a great choice to increase your defenses. I'm thinking about creating a more tanky hardcore variant of the build (though it will have less damage).

"
JSquiggle wrote:
zabosnu - would it be too much to ask for you to make your character public so we can keep an eye on your progress?

All the gear that I'm currently using is posted in the guide, I will keep it updated as a progress.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Aug 25, 2017, 9:34:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info