[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
The answer is no, right? I'm doing this build and from what I understand it's a level 1 scorching ray and all of the damage is from the ice storm.

IMHO it is not that important... more range is sometimes good but not essential as you are face tanking most of the time anyway and do damage with ice storm... When it comes to levelling scorching ray I keep it on lvl 3 - so I can stick with 5 mana cost per cast. From lvl 4 on mana cost increases which we do not want...
New video: The Shaper

I'm pretty comfortable with this fight now. Finalized the flask setup, getting deathless kills, although not always.

Flasks:

Pain Reaver alone is not enough to outleech the beam, i.e. a stream of tiny hits that won't trigger CiS. I've tried several different flasks and settled on The Writhing Jar to trigger the additional leech with Pain Reaver while tanking the beam.

Granite + Basalt for the Slam. Must stand still to take it, because AA and Tukohama don't work when moving. If he goes for the Slam while you are moving, don't tank that, dash away instead.

Life flask to repair the damage from vortexes when he teleports away. Sulphur for extra dps and in case you get bled by the trash, Dominus or Rigwald.

And that Kaom's is paying for itself :)
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 20, 2017, 6:31:36 PM
Kelvynn - i am thinking about re-rolling my RF guy to this guy so i can reliable kill end game bosses. Can this guy do Uberlab easy? Uber Atziri? All Guardians? Can it do enough dps in full groups or more of a solo build?

I have about 30 exalts I can use and already have a Kaoms. I am relatively new to the game so i like this build because it seems i can face tank everything?

Does it get randomly one shot?
What exactly does Potency of Will give you? Icestrom lasts longer or something?
"
Enque wrote:
What exactly does Potency of Will give you? Icestrom lasts longer or something?

Yes
How does The writhing jar flask trigger your CiS? I dont get it.
Why you use vigilant strike? Only for fortify? Is it not danger to use it when mobs attacks and we use it and do not leech live then?
"
qlasboy wrote:
Why you use vigilant strike? Only for fortify? Is it not danger to use it when mobs attacks and we use it and do not leech live then?

Yes, I have it on my left click. I would generally use a small burst of icestorm first for leech, then hit with vigilant. Fortify is very important in some fights.
I dont see where put 3rd brute force jewel. Beneath scion there is a jewel slot but in radius there are only 2 nodes with strength. on the passive tree i see that the author of build put there izaro turmoil. pls explain.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
New video: The Shaper

I'm pretty comfortable with this fight now. Finalized the flask setup, getting deathless kills, although not always.

Flasks:

Pain Reaver alone is not enough to outleech the beam, i.e. a stream of tiny hits that won't trigger CiS. I've tried several different flasks and settled on The Writhing Jar to trigger the additional leech with Pain Reaver while tanking the beam.

Granite + Basalt for the Slam. Must stand still to take it, because AA and Tukohama don't work when moving. If he goes for the Slam while you are moving, don't tank that, dash away instead.

Life flask to repair the damage from vortexes when he teleports away. Sulphur for extra dps and in case you get bled by the trash, Dominus or Rigwald.

And that Kaom's is paying for itself :)

Awsome news!! I never tought of that flask myself (The Writhing Jar). It was a great video seeing you getting hit by the huge kamehameha of the shaper. Im slowly levelling my marauder in standart but it feel really smooth with flame dash now. I feel like the leveling experience is far more easy that the witch in previous version.

You just gave me an insight, how much is the legacy Dying sun worth? Because i have one laying around not used and i dont have a Kaom armor. If i could sell it to finance this build it would be crazy :)

Thanks for the videos, the updates and the tuning!
---
Last edited by Kelemn on Aug 21, 2017, 4:43:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info