[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
teketoria wrote:

At lvl 12 they do get blade vortex though, which is not bad for leveling either. Only drawback I see with it is that you can't craft a +1 weapon for BV as it doesn't have any elemental tags. Good thing that scion gets all 3 of the added gems (cold/fire/lightn.) at lvl 8.
At 16 we could use all 3 heralds and I think BV at that point will carry till we switch to WI.

This seems like a good plan. I was considering trying lightning trap (need a friend tho) with all the shadow trap nodes and crackling speed or going fire nova mine with mine nodes and snowforged.

On another note, why is Scion Inq the best second option? Isn't all the consecrated ground regen benefits dead with VP and the crit multi bonus low in overall impact? Maybe I am missing something.

I was actually looking at the Saboteur scion node for the AoE (clear QOL, but maybe area is bad for bosses), still has ele pen, and lots of easy blind on hit which frees gem slot(s).

Appreciate everyone's thoughts!
"
Vinidcator wrote:
"
teketoria wrote:

At lvl 12 they do get blade vortex though, which is not bad for leveling either. Only drawback I see with it is that you can't craft a +1 weapon for BV as it doesn't have any elemental tags. Good thing that scion gets all 3 of the added gems (cold/fire/lightn.) at lvl 8.
At 16 we could use all 3 heralds and I think BV at that point will carry till we switch to WI.

This seems like a good plan. I was considering trying lightning trap (need a friend tho) with all the shadow trap nodes and crackling speed or going fire nova mine with mine nodes and snowforged.

On another note, why is Scion Inq the best second option? Isn't all the consecrated ground regen benefits dead with VP and the crit multi bonus low in overall impact? Maybe I am missing something.

I was actually looking at the Saboteur scion node for the AoE (clear QOL, but maybe area is bad for bosses), still has ele pen, and lots of easy blind on hit which frees gem slot(s).

Appreciate everyone's thoughts!

Because inq part of scion made enemies around you take 10% increased elemental damage, which basically 10% MORE elemental damage modificator. If not for that, i would like pathfinder part better.
"
Med1umentor wrote:

Because inq part of scion made enemies around you take 10% increased elemental damage, which basically 10% MORE elemental damage modificator. If not for that, i would like pathfinder part better.

Ah, TAKE increased, so it is multiplicative. I was reading this as grants increased dmg (additive). Thanks.

Im so hyped for 3.2 with these changes, i kinda didnt like marauder as caster. It felt out of place compared to CI scion back when i was playing in legacy, that was my favourite combo! Also i felt really bad going life and losing so much from not using int es synergy. Take my energy Kelvynn (>^_^)> !
"
teketoria wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
torllwarlord wrote:
Hi, nice build you got here. I am gonna start this league with this build. Can you please give some efficient leveling tips with scion. Thanks

I'm actually not sure what's the best way to level a caster Scion these days :) Going to research it today. Probably Lightning Tendrils for lv 2-12 like in the old version. And from 12 to 39 Firestorm of course.

Scion unfortunately doesn't get freezing pulse or firestorm either. (unless you have friends :) )
It does get molten strike, which can carry till lvl 12 easily (RRG weap).

Leveling tree is trickier... I was thinking about something like this:

At 55 points, with decent spell dmg and life nodes, but will need to respec 14 nodes.

No Firestorm is a bummer. I'd probably just run a Witch to the caves quickly to get it.

Then again, Molten Strike + Ancestral Call is not bad at all. Scion can grab Path of the Warrior for 4 points to refund later.

Also very curious about the reworked Lightning Tendrils. We get spell dmg points right at the start, and Crackling Speed is only 3 points. It may be a viable option to get to lv 39 too.
how do you like my preview build . As a whole has become more ES , dps fell by 2K
https://pastebin.com/RQ4VVpry
Ups, got some Problems with the editor:

Thanx for you tree. But can you explain why you do not use 'Elemental Focus' or 'unnatural calm'?
Last edited by Lausdrache on Mar 2, 2018, 2:25:49 AM
"
Lausdrache wrote:
Hi there,

as far as i can see, this build will not work anymore as berserker.
So you now plan to use scion, but i havent found a skillpath (maybe i haven't found it).
A lot of people seems to know what to skill in the end and now only think about a fast start.
But can you pls post a (finished) skillpath for the scion?
If there will be some minor changes (~15 points) that wouldn't be a proplem cause we get a lot from the missions and some regrets from drops.

And thanks for you activity in this thread, that seems to be promising.

You can check my tree , is made for a level 96 Scion (Elementalist + Inquisitor). Is quite optimized except 1 skill point that i didn't take (Frost Walker- cold damage + cold resistance) so i can get all resistances to same value in order to use The Wise Oak Flask and also Avatar of Fire notable is not taken because tree is made for Standard char (with Legacy Pyre ring)

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.1.4/AAAABAABAQDuBAcJ2Q18DkgQWBEtEVARlhUgGbQabBqBHNwfAh8YIFki6iL0KPopTyo4Kk0snCymLL8s6S0fLYMtqDbFN4M62DxLPydFR0ZxRwZKyEyzTipQQlF0UftSKVXgVkhXyVgXWFpZbVuvXfJfKl9qX5hfsGZUaxdsCG0Zb5535XvDfLt_xoKbguSDCYP3hMWFe4azh2WKr4w2jHaPGo9Gj_qQCpARkNaTJ5Ugm7Wdrp48oS-iLqI-oqOmmabrpwinK6u6sZC0DLUEt9a4k76Avoq-p768wGbBxcM6ykbKSsrTzRbPMtAf0NDVptZd2CTbWdvn3Q3gVeKt5CLo1uq66xTr5Ovu7BjsOO_r8Yo=?accountName=lilianmarius&characterName=portyia

There are a lot of Jewels slots (11 exactly :) taken in this tree because jewels (Rare ones with intelligence + spell/cold/fire/area damage , Izaro Turmoil , Fertile Mind , Brute Force) all increase the DPS quite a lot.

Link from Path of Building if you want to check stats and gear for that tree :

https://pastebin.com/ZDeDVyVv
Last edited by lilianmarius on Mar 1, 2018, 8:09:58 PM
"
Nejilex wrote:
how do you like my preview build . As a whole has become more ES , dps fell by 2K
https://pastebin.com/RQ4VVpry

A lot of nodes wasted for weird pathing there. If you don't go thru the Witch start (because you can already connect to it easily), don't go thru the Life and cast speed nodes (that don't do anything) and take Int nodes instead of ele dmg (because it's better) then you will end up with more Int and ES and... exact same tree as mine.
So what is the current plan for this build? Scion?
Last edited by gangstarr on Mar 1, 2018, 9:26:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info