[3.5] For Scion - Dual Curse Crit. Based Blade Vortex as Elementalist + Assassin (SSF Viable)

Heya trying this build out for 3.2. Are elementalist & assassin still the way to go? Thanks for your help!

Confused about the elementalist choice since it looks like it grants a 40% increased effect on heralds, but I believe we're only running herald of ash. Is that correct?

Thanks!!
Last edited by FRENZYAK on Mar 9, 2018, 12:41:56 AM
"
FRENZYAK wrote:
Heya trying this build out for 3.2. Are elementalist & assassin still the way to go? Thanks for your help!

Confused about the elementalist choice since it looks like it grants a 40% increased effect on heralds, but I believe we're only running herald of ash. Is that correct?

Thanks!!

Yes. Elementalist & Aassasin is still the way to go and among all heralds, we will just be running Herald of Ash. :)
Nice build, had fun so far.

Now as someone who never really played POE to the max and just came back after a long time, how do I make the transition into endgame? I'm level 68 and starting to do maps. But I can't say it's fun right now as the char is way too squishy for someone who needs to get close to mobs.
"
Roest1 wrote:
Nice build, had fun so far.

Now as someone who never really played POE to the max and just came back after a long time, how do I make the transition into endgame? I'm level 68 and starting to do maps. But I can't say it's fun right now as the char is way too squishy for someone who needs to get close to mobs.

Your character profile is hidden so I am not able to take a look at it.

I recommend you to run Enfeeble curse as that will greatly improve your survival.

Have Hypothermia support linked to Blade Vortex. Ensure you have Hatred aura.

The above should freeze mobs frequently and further improve survivability.
Last edited by kira1414 on Mar 11, 2018, 11:23:57 AM
"
kira1414 wrote:

Your character profile is hidden so I am not able to take a look at it.

Whoops, should be fixed now.

"
kira1414 wrote:

I recommend you to run Enfeeble curse as that will greatly improve your survival.

Have Hypothermia support linked to Blade Vortex. Ensure you have Hatred aura.

The above should freeze mobs frequently and further improve survivability.

Unsure what to put where and what to sacrifice now since slots are limited.
Last edited by Roest1 on Mar 11, 2018, 11:58:30 AM
"
Roest1 wrote:

Unsure what to put where and what to sacrifice now since slots are limited.

You can drop Increased Area for Hypothermia.

At this point you only have 1 curse (you have not spec into Whispers of Doom) so you have to run Warlord's Mark with Blasphemy.

I recommend you to run this aura setup:
"
Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark + Hatred

A lot of your gears are without life roll. A rare gloves with high life + resistances will be better than Haemophilia.

You will want to look into replacing them with high life roll. Ensure your resistances are capped too.

Use a Decoy totem too. It is really useful. I was using it all the way. :)
Could you run the same setup with trickster?
"
domelious wrote:
Could you run the same setup with trickster?

You can but the damage output will be lower than you pick Assassin from Scion's ascendancy.

Furthermore, the power charges will not be up during boss fight because Trickster obtain them through on kill mechanics.
So how do you think about elementalist and slayer ?? good leech, good area, phys ref immu ( not usr hrimsorrow, maybe acuity gloves.
And which enchance is the best on helmet for this build ?
BTW sorry for my english.
"
joker237 wrote:
So how do you think about elementalist and slayer ?? good leech, good area, phys ref immu ( not usr hrimsorrow, maybe acuity gloves.
And which enchance is the best on helmet for this build ?
BTW sorry for my english.

Elementalist + Slayer provide more survival from leech but at the expenses of damage.

Since this build is crit based, and with cold damage (Hatred), you will freeze mobs most of the time and be relatively safe.

And yes, Acuity is pretty much BIS for the build since you can save many points from the skill tree and invest them into damage/life nodes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info