[3.5] For Scion - Dual Curse Crit. Based Blade Vortex as Elementalist + Assassin (SSF Viable)

"
fug3 wrote:
What about uber lab, shaper?
Can you kill him?

Don't see any issue with Uber lab since I was able to clear Merciless lab at level 67 on the live server with ease.

will be very good for the build.

For Shaper, that will be an end-game goal.

"
xaeror35 wrote:
Can you fix the skill tree? Seems broken.

I was able to load the skill trees that are on poeplanner.com. May I know which skill link is broken?
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
fug3 wrote:
What about uber lab, shaper?
Can you kill him?

Don't see any issue with Uber lab since I was able to clear Merciless lab at level 67 on the live server with ease.

will be very good for the build.

For Shaper, that will be an end-game goal.

"
xaeror35 wrote:
Can you fix the skill tree? Seems broken.

I was able to load the skill trees that are on poeplanner.com. May I know which skill link is broken?

I have not played POE in a long time. Maybe something changed, but how did you jump this gap ?

"
xaeror35 wrote:

I have not played POE in a long time. Maybe something changed, but how did you jump this gap ?

Spoiler

I see where the confusion is from.

For Scion, you can start from Witch cluster by picking Path of the Witch from ascendancy. Which allows you to jump to another starting point on the skill tree.
Last edited by kira1414 on Aug 6, 2017, 9:26:38 PM
Found a synergy to link Blade Vortex up with Arcane Surge using Dark Pact.

Updated guide with new 6L chest and 4L curse on hit setup as follows:

6L Chest Setup
"

Swap Increased Area of Effect with Concentrated Effect for boss fights.

Curse on Hit Setup
"

Playstyle: Ram up Blade Vortex stacks and run into pack. Once inside pack, spam Dark Pact.
Haven't played in a long while and got only 180 hours into PoE so far. Decided to pick up playing with the new update, rolling a new Scion in Harbinger league (non-SSF).

This build looks interesting, but I'm wondering whether to go for a dagger or wand. You recommend a dagger for Shield Charge which I don't see in the gems? Haven't used a wand before; they're simply better for spell damage?
"
murkiz wrote:
Haven't played in a long while and got only 180 hours into PoE so far. Decided to pick up playing with the new update, rolling a new Scion in Harbinger league (non-SSF).

This build looks interesting, but I'm wondering whether to go for a dagger or wand. You recommend a dagger for Shield Charge which I don't see in the gems? Haven't used a wand before; they're simply better for spell damage?

I am dual wielding wands at the moment because it is a lot easier to get high spell damage from wands than from daggers.

In terms of mobility, I use Flame Dash since Shield Charge requires a dagger + shield in order to work.

Cons of using Flame Dash is that it doesn't allow you to cast it continuously (it requires recharge). However, it is able to cross leveled terrains which Shield Charge is not able.
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am really new. What gems should I be using while I level? Most of the gems for the build are up around a minimum level req of 20 or so. Do you have a recommendation on which to use for getting to the level you need to use the correct ones?
"
RottenBastard wrote:
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am really new. What gems should I be using while I level? Most of the gems for the build are up around a minimum level req of 20 or so. Do you have a recommendation on which to use for getting to the level you need to use the correct ones?

I was leveling using Spectral Throw, Arcane Surge and Molten strike till level 12.

Grab Decoy totem at level 4. I used it all the way till mapping.

After clearing act 1 boss, you will have access to Blade Vortex gem. From then onwards, you can start leveling using Blade Vortex.
Last edited by kira1414 on Aug 8, 2017, 2:13:52 AM
HC viable u think?
"
kramurz wrote:
HC viable u think?

I don't play HC but given the close combat play style of Blade Vortex, I don't think it is HC friendly.

Holding a shield instead of dual wielding will probably help in survival though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info