[3.5] For Scion - Dual Curse Crit. Based Blade Vortex as Elementalist + Assassin (SSF Viable)

"
Viiyen wrote:
Is it still worth running spell echo with the recent changes to BV?

You can drop Spell Echo for Hypothermia Support.
Hi, im currently using this guide on "SSF" with a friend (regular incursion but only trading between us)
and i was wondering if you could give me some tips to make the build feel more smooth
Do you not use any movement skill apart from cyclone?
i have blasph + warl. mark and hatred on and my mana is like 90% reserved so i have to chug a mana pot to get 10 stacks of BV is this common?
Damage is pretty ok, but its hard to maintain 10 stacks, right now im building towards second curse asap, should i?

EDIT: btw im pretty newb and just started act 7

EDIT2: got The Covenant so mana problems are gone, but i still feel slow, damage is great tho.

Last edited by toscomvl on Jun 14, 2018, 4:41:40 PM
"
kira1414 wrote:

Having fun with the build so far, Act 8 now in Incursion
Other change like this we need to consider with the update to 3.3 ?

"
toscomvl wrote:
Hi, im currently using this guide on "SSF" with a friend (regular incursion but only trading between us)
and i was wondering if you could give me some tips to make the build feel more smooth
Do you not use any movement skill apart from cyclone?
i have blasph + warl. mark and hatred on and my mana is like 90% reserved so i have to chug a mana pot to get 10 stacks of BV is this common?
Damage is pretty ok, but its hard to maintain 10 stacks, right now im building towards second curse asap, should i?

EDIT: btw im pretty newb and just started act 7

EDIT2: got The Covenant so mana problems are gone, but i still feel slow, damage is great tho.

Spoiler

Sorry for the late response. Didn't see this post till now.

I see that you are now on a 5L Convenant too. You can replace Spell Echo with Hypothermia as that will give you more damage.

For faster mapping speed, you can use Whirling Blade or Shield Charge (requires a shield). Ram up a few stacks of Blade Vortex and just ram away.

Running Herald of Ice will also help in improving the clear speed.

"
Pimousse wrote:
"
kira1414 wrote:

Having fun with the build so far, Act 8 now in Incursion
Other change like this we need to consider with the update to 3.3 ?

Shaper stat sticks and Shaper/Elder rare amulet. Those are huge damage buff for the build. :)

As for Vaal Pact, with the high clear speed, you might just be able to drop it. Give it a shot and see if you can handle maps without Vaal Pact.
From another build, found crafting dagger with Shrieking Essence of Scorn can give 100-109% Increased Crit Strike for Spells
This one is screaming :

Is it more interesting to have the Crit Chance -Ess of Scorn- or the Spell Damage -Ess of Woe- ?

Edit : rewording the question
Last edited by Pimousse on Jun 28, 2018, 5:12:45 AM
"
Pimousse wrote:
From another build, found crafting dagger with Shrieking Essence of Scorn can give 100-109% Increased Crit Strike for Spells
This one is screaming :

Is it more interesting to have the Crit Chance -Ess of Scorn- or the Spell Damage -Ess of Woe- ?

Edit : rewording the question

Spell crit chance is good on dagger too so you can definitely craft using that. :)
Probably a dumb question, but where are you getting power charges from? Thanks

"
Mitch420 wrote:
Probably a dumb question, but where are you getting power charges from? Thanks

The assassin ascendancy provide 10% chance to gain power charges when you crit. :)
Is assassin the best? Would not inquisitor and elementalist be pretty good?
"
aaOzymandias wrote:
Is assassin the best? Would not inquisitor and elementalist be pretty good?

Inquisitor is definitely a good option.

I am in fact playing this build on Incursion SSF flashback and running Elementalist + Slayer.

Although damage is lower, this combo is very strong when it comes to survivability.

SSF Incursion Flashback Gears

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info