[3.5] For Scion - Dual Curse Crit. Based Blade Vortex as Elementalist + Assassin (SSF Viable)

Hello, first i am sorry for such a NEWB question. I am trying this build and understand it to be crit-based. But one of the first links I see for the Blade Vortex reduces crit chance by 100%. I am only level 25 but my crit % doesn't seem to go higher than 5% on Blade Vortex (even when using a dagger with 30% global critical strike chance).

So, the dumb question. How is having that gem but wanting high crit chance going to work itself out as I progress the build?

Thanks!
Gambino (level 25 on Beastiary league)
"
aaron111 wrote:
Hello, first i am sorry for such a NEWB question. I am trying this build and understand it to be crit-based. But one of the first links I see for the Blade Vortex reduces crit chance by 100%. I am only level 25 but my crit % doesn't seem to go higher than 5% on Blade Vortex (even when using a dagger with 30% global critical strike chance).

So, the dumb question. How is having that gem but wanting high crit chance going to work itself out as I progress the build?

Thanks!

As you gain more levels, you will have access to more crit chance spell nodes. That will push your crit chance up. Having 2 x 90+% spell crit chance weapons (weapon and shield) will further push the crit chance up too.

A Diamond flask will also help.
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
aaron111 wrote:

Thanks!

As you gain more levels, you will have access to more crit chance spell nodes. That will push your crit chance up. Having 2 x 90+% spell crit chance weapons (weapon and shield) will further push the crit chance up too.

A Diamond flask will also help.

OK, so just need to be patient and eventually that 5% will go up. I guess I just have to overcome the -100% first to see any improvement and that will come with time. Even with that, the build is going really smoothly at the end of Act 3, having fun with it, thanks!
Hi,

I have a question. What aura/curse combination did you first use? Did you go with Hatred (which is stronger than Hoa) + a blasphemy setup (Warlord Mark? Enfeeble? Temp. CHains) + CWDT-Immortal Call?

And then, when you unlocked the second curse in the tree, did you add a curse on hit setup with orb of storms? Ele weakness maybe?

I would probably run a def. curse with blasphemy since we need to be melee most of the time and the build has no real defenses beside that (while leveling, with no optimized stat and gears)

I am playing SSF right now and having tons of fun, i also went full conv since i only had to chance two pair of goathide gloves to get Hrimsorrow's ahah. Feels good !

And i am deathless too :) It is nice !
Last edited by Darklink40 on Apr 20, 2018, 4:54:46 PM
"
Darklink40 wrote:
Hi,

I have a question. What aura/curse combination did you first use? Did you go with Hatred (which is stronger than Hoa) + a blasphemy setup (Warlord Mark? Enfeeble? Temp. CHains) + CWDT-Immortal Call?

And then, when you unlocked the second curse in the tree, did you add a curse on hit setup with orb of storms? Ele weakness maybe?

I would probably run a def. curse with blasphemy since we need to be melee most of the time and the build has no real defenses beside that (while leveling, with no optimized stat and gears)

I am playing SSF right now and having tons of fun, i also went full conv since i only had to chance two pair of goathide gloves to get Hrimsorrow's ahah. Feels good !

And i am deathless too :) It is nice !

Glad you are enjoying the build. :)

Personally I prefer Enfeeble for the 2nd curse as I feel it provides more survival than Temporal.
- Rallying Cry (lvl 10)
- Culling Strike (lvl 18)
- Cyclone (lvl 28)
- Fortify (lvl 31)
how must be used this gem setup? Kill 10% hp mobs? lol? Why "Rallying Cry" here?
"
dgalz wrote:
- Rallying Cry (lvl 10)
- Culling Strike (lvl 18)
- Cyclone (lvl 28)
- Fortify (lvl 31)
how must be used this gem setup? Kill 10% hp mobs? lol? Why "Rallying Cry" here?

Rallying Cry gives you 170+% increased damage.

Cyclone is mainly for re-positioning and dealing the final blow. Especially useful in abysses, breaches, null portals.

Both are optional. You can replace with setup that you fancy. :)
Would this work with Inpulsa's and triple herald? Maybe something other then assassin?
"
lasty03 wrote:
Would this work with Inpulsa's and triple herald? Maybe something other then assassin?

Yes you can run Inpulsa with the build.

Triple Heralds will cost too much mana reserve and won't be possible on Scion unless you drop Hatred.

Besides Assassin, you can probably pick Inquisitor but the crit from Assassin ascendancy is hard to give it a pass.
Is it still worth running spell echo with the recent changes to BV?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info