Sao Paulo Server latency

I'm having to connect through Washington because otherwise some friends report me as being offline and unable to whisper me.

My Sao Paulo ping is fine, but some instances "bug" sometimes and I cannot enter portals.
"
unsmith wrote:
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
When I say oversubscribed, I'm referring to an upstream router that those ISPs route through, not the ISPs themselves.

Also, the bulk of this thread is referring to different hardware located in a different datacenter behind different routers. I am not blaming anyone's ISP here. If I get up to date data on where the networking is not performing as expected, I can then go to the new provider and get them to look into the problems.

In my experience with trying to help people on Reddit, this is a key point that so many people fail to understand. Many people think that if they see problems with their eyes, then the problem must be "on the server." They either do not or cannot understand that there are plenty of pieces of hardware between themselves and the endpoint instance, and anywhere along that path could be a failed or failing router, switch, whatever. It could be within their ISP's domain, or it could be an upstream provider. It could be at the datacenter's edge. But for these people, it's always "the server" because it's easier to blame something you know exists than accept that it's something out of your control.

Given the reports of people's problems resolving, this points to problem hardware somewhere in some provider being identified and repaired/replaced, which would improve routing for any traffic going through it. This is a normal part of infrastructure maintenance. I know it's frustrating to go through (I've dealt with a couple of week-long disruptions to my own service) but if we can get off this idea that the gateway and/or servers are at fault here, then real troubleshooting can begin, and it seems like Fitzy has horns he can blow to get those providers to fix their equipment.

Well, I don't have a master degree in gateway and servers but if some sort of problem ONLY happens in a specific gateway the first thing that comes into my mind is that something is wrong with THAT gateway.

Sao Paulo gateway is a surprise box now.... They said they were going to fix it but today it is just unplayable.

I was getting a lot of "disconected" whenever I tried to change instances. Changed to Texas server and BOOM, problem gone. Well... "gone", because now i have to play with 160 latency instead of 30 latency since i live near Sao Paulo, not Texas.
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
We don't quite have the resources to make South America's internet infrastructure more reliable.

We're still waiting on news back after attempting to contact responsible ISPs.

I'm also investigating alternative hosting options.

There's a lot of servers with problems, just read the forums, AUS, Singapore, California and Washington are all with problems.

GGG is just trying to blame someone for their incompetence while being sarcastic about it.

This problem is more then a month old, they just don't care.

Just an update.

For me the new server is perfect 99% of the time.

Sometimes I have terrible rubberbanding for some time but it stops quickly. Sometimes the whole realm disconnects too (happened 6 times when I was online this week).

But the most recent and serious problem is a bug with connectivity to the other gateways.

People on any other gateways won't be able to PM someone on the brazilian gateway like 90% of the time. It will show to them "this player is not online" and the message won't reach him. They can access your br gateway instances just fine, but messages wont be sent.

This really needs an urgent fix.
IGN: vieira
Using Texas Gateway since start of Incursion. Tried Sao Paulo but never had reliable game play. Sometimes ping would be low but would have rubberbanding and failure to join instances. In Texas had not a single problem yet.

Why not copy the structure from Texas over to Sao Paulo?

Or upgrade the hardware to handle a huge capacity of players. There must be thousands of players from SA continent using the SP gateway...or trying to.
"
Podletoy wrote:
There's a lot of servers with problems, just read the forums, AUS, Singapore, California and Washington are all with problems.

Ehh, no....again literally factual proof posted in the form of WinMTR and ping plotters show nothing wrong with the servers.

You [Removed by Support] keep this shit up and you are never going to be able to play the game properly.

You have been asked AGAIN for WinMTR's...so fucking do it or [Removed by Support].
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by Kieran_GGG on Jun 18, 2018, 10:11:44 PM
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
"
i8037 wrote:

My ISP BTW.

"
unsmith wrote:
that certain Brazil providers are oversubscribed

You have argentinians and chileans here complaining about the same issues. Are their providers oversubscribed too?

"
unsmith wrote:

Nothing has been done to the gateway because nothing is wrong with the gateway. This is the only logical conclusion from the networking data provided.

Yeah, this thread is just a ruse.

When I say oversubscribed, I'm referring to an upstream router that those ISPs route through, not the ISPs themselves.

Also, the bulk of this thread is referring to different hardware located in a different datacenter behind different routers. I am not blaming anyone's ISP here. If I get up to date data on where the networking is not performing as expected, I can then go to the new provider and get them to look into the problems.

People like to claim that this problem is affecting "everyone", but as far as I can tell, this is not true. I'm keen to try and fix network issues for those who experience them, but this is a two-way street.

Hi Fitzy, first of all server is working very well now, but "Failed to join instance" is still a bug...

I'm from Uruguay, my ISP is Antel, and from 19hs till 23hs (more or less) I get this bug, I need to click like 3 times in a waypoint till it gets in.
"
gvieira wrote:
Just an update.

For me the new server is perfect 99% of the time.

Sometimes I have terrible rubberbanding for some time but it stops quickly. Sometimes the whole realm disconnects too (happened 6 times when I was online this week).

This really needs an urgent fix.

No, the new gateway is still bad. The rubberbanding is insane to the point the game "freezes" for a whole sec trying to catch it up with the server. It's impossible to play on Lockstep.

[Removed by Support]

"
lagwin1980 wrote:

Ehh, no....again literally factual proof posted in the form of WinMTR and ping plotters show nothing wrong with the servers.

You [Removed by Support] keep this shit up and you are never going to be able to play the game properly.

You have been asked AGAIN for WinMTR's...so fucking do it or [Removed by Support].

Oh hey, I saw your account on Reddit. Full of prejudice and racist remarks.

As a troll you're terrible at it because none cares about what you say but at least you bump this thread for us. So please keep posting.
Last edited by Kieran_GGG on Jun 18, 2018, 10:57:51 PM
Hey, are we still posting WinMTRs in here?

My usual problem is being stuck in a loading screen for ages. Sometimes if I wait, it may actually load or go back to the login screen with an "unexpected disconnect". Or if I click, the client stops responding and crashes.

https://pastebin.com/Wva0mvv1

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| DMG-6661 - 0 | 1055 | 1055 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 |
| No response from host - 100 | 211 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 187-100-37-97.dsl.telesp.net.br - 0 | 1055 | 1055 | 1 | 2 | 53 | 2 |
| 187-100-196-82.dsl.telesp.net.br - 0 | 1055 | 1055 | 2 | 3 | 35 | 3 |
| 187-100-53-210.dsl.telesp.net.br - 0 | 1055 | 1055 | 2 | 12 | 163 | 51 |
|et-3-0-0-0.core-a.spo511.algartelecom.com.br - 0 | 1055 | 1055 | 2 | 4 | 33 | 4 |
|ae0-0.ptx-b.spo-piaf.algartelecom.com.br - 1 | 1051 | 1050 | 2 | 5 | 211 | 3 |
|et-5-0-1-0.edge-a.spo-piab.algartelecom.com.br - 0 | 1055 | 1055 | 2 | 3 | 11 | 3 |
|ae1-0.border-a.ula001.algartelecom.com.br - 0 | 1055 | 1055 | 2 | 4 | 40 | 4 |
| 177.54.148.19 - 0 | 1055 | 1055 | 2 | 3 | 5 | 4 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
Also we're 18 days into the new league with this awful gateway. A LATAM player has a better experience playing on Texas than playing on Sao Paulo right now. Even with 200 ms, Predictive mode and constant desyncs.

How's that even remotely acceptable? The gateway is on fire and the devs are here arguing semantics with us.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info