Sao Paulo Server latency

We're just tired of posting WinTR logs just to get the same old bullshit reply "i-it's your ISP!". This thread has so many logs already and nothing palpable was done regarding the gateway. People just gave up.

The gateway is bad for the whole LATAM, not just a couple of players.
"
We're just tired of posting WinTR logs just to get the same old bullshit reply "i-it's your ISP!". This thread has so many logs already and nothing palpable was done regarding the gateway. People just gave up.

Why is it a bullshit reply if that is actually the problem? It seems like people are refusing to believe what the data shows them, in which case no meaningful progress will ever be made.

It's been demonstrated multiple times, here and on Reddit, that certain Brazil providers are oversubscribed. That will necessarily cause lag as the pipe fills to capacity and packets are delayed or drop. GGG can do absolutely nothing about this. It's also likely your endpoint ISP can't do anything about it either if the oversubscription is upstream of them.

Nothing has been done to the gateway because nothing is wrong with the gateway. This is the only logical conclusion from the networking data provided. Screaming at people to fix something that isn't broken won't accomplish anything.

My ISP BTW.

"
unsmith wrote:
that certain Brazil providers are oversubscribed

You have argentinians and chileans here complaining about the same issues. Are their providers oversubscribed too?

"
unsmith wrote:

Nothing has been done to the gateway because nothing is wrong with the gateway. This is the only logical conclusion from the networking data provided.

Yeah, this thread is just a ruse.
Last edited by i8037 on Jun 16, 2018, 2:44:05 PM
"
i8037 wrote:

My ISP BTW.

"
unsmith wrote:
that certain Brazil providers are oversubscribed

You have argentinians and chileans here complaining about the same issues. Are their providers oversubscribed too?

"
unsmith wrote:

Nothing has been done to the gateway because nothing is wrong with the gateway. This is the only logical conclusion from the networking data provided.

Yeah, this thread is just a ruse.

When I say oversubscribed, I'm referring to an upstream router that those ISPs route through, not the ISPs themselves.

Also, the bulk of this thread is referring to different hardware located in a different datacenter behind different routers. I am not blaming anyone's ISP here. If I get up to date data on where the networking is not performing as expected, I can then go to the new provider and get them to look into the problems.

People like to claim that this problem is affecting "everyone", but as far as I can tell, this is not true. I'm keen to try and fix network issues for those who experience them, but this is a two-way street.
Just to give some people a bit of hope:
I've been lagging since the start of the league, could barely play HC at all for the first week or so.
Since monday, me and my friends had zero lag problems. We also do not suffer from failed instances/dcs etc. It seems like it's completely fixed for us, even though some people are still struggling.
So please, stop trashing the people who are trying to help you. I know for a fact that a lot of people are having their problems fixed, and hopefully yours will too.

Thanks GGG for your transparency.
I lived through the server lag everyone else reported and I believe this is mostly solved - my ping is stable at around 7.
I am having bad performance issues, though, when playing on São Paulo realm with resource heavy builds; 3-4 second freezes when Impulsas chain reaction triggers, when SRS gets in/out of aura range and so on. I can only assume it is a server hardware issue, since this is absolutely non-existant on Texas gateway, but how can data on this be gathered as proof? Any WinMTR report is not going to catch this; I thought about recording a video but it seems it would be anedoctal.
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
When I say oversubscribed, I'm referring to an upstream router that those ISPs route through, not the ISPs themselves.

Also, the bulk of this thread is referring to different hardware located in a different datacenter behind different routers. I am not blaming anyone's ISP here. If I get up to date data on where the networking is not performing as expected, I can then go to the new provider and get them to look into the problems.

In my experience with trying to help people on Reddit, this is a key point that so many people fail to understand. Many people think that if they see problems with their eyes, then the problem must be "on the server." They either do not or cannot understand that there are plenty of pieces of hardware between themselves and the endpoint instance, and anywhere along that path could be a failed or failing router, switch, whatever. It could be within their ISP's domain, or it could be an upstream provider. It could be at the datacenter's edge. But for these people, it's always "the server" because it's easier to blame something you know exists than accept that it's something out of your control.

Given the reports of people's problems resolving, this points to problem hardware somewhere in some provider being identified and repaired/replaced, which would improve routing for any traffic going through it. This is a normal part of infrastructure maintenance. I know it's frustrating to go through (I've dealt with a couple of week-long disruptions to my own service) but if we can get off this idea that the gateway and/or servers are at fault here, then real troubleshooting can begin, and it seems like Fitzy has horns he can blow to get those providers to fix their equipment.
The brazilian gateway is having a serious communication issue with other gateways. People in the BR gateway will fail to receive most messages sent from other gateways. It will show that this player is not online for whoever tries to PM you from another gateway when you are in a "bugged" instance.

Thats another big problem aswell.
"
danmf wrote:
The brazilian gateway is having a serious communication issue with other gateways. People in the BR gateway will fail to receive most messages sent from other gateways. It will show that this player is not online for whoever tries to PM you from another gateway when you are in a "bugged" instance.

Yeah, I'm experiencing this as well. People cannot whisper me since I'm shown as offline.

As if SP gateway wasn't bad enough now we have this.
"
danmf wrote:

Yep, today people that i was trying to trade was reporting to me that this was happening, this and the "Disconnected: Failed to connect to instance"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info