Sao Paulo Server latency

I don't mean any disrespect towards Brazil but goddamn its infrastructure cannot support competitive gaming for the whole SA region

I'm allocated in the alt GW now, 60ms, but it's quite jittery, and creating new instances is taking up to 6 tries

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 192.168.0.1 - 0 | 177 | 177 | 1 | 3 | 115 | 1 |
| No response from host - 100 | 35 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 192.168.247.14 - 0 | 177 | 177 | 11 | 19 | 134 | 16 |
| 192.168.227.26 - 0 | 177 | 177 | 10 | 19 | 139 | 11 |
| 192.168.22.189 - 0 | 177 | 177 | 11 | 20 | 137 | 19 |
| 192.168.15.1 - 0 | 177 | 177 | 13 | 22 | 132 | 19 |
| tisparkel-1-20G.ar4.SCL1.gblx.net - 0 | 177 | 177 | 35 | 44 | 151 | 38 |
| et4-1-0.sanpaolo8.spa.seabone.net - 0 | 177 | 177 | 64 | 74 | 203 | 70 |
| maxihost.sanpaolo8.spa.seabone.net - 0 | 177 | 177 | 63 | 72 | 203 | 68 |
| mx65.vagasnewsletter.com.br - 0 | 177 | 177 | 63 | 72 | 204 | 69 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
Last edited by C_Viper on Jun 3, 2018, 10:31:46 PM
I am using EXIT lag and i still find it impossible to enjoy INCURSION... I enter the temple and can't move and therefore timer runs out...waste of time doing the temple till this mess is fixed
I'm just gonna leave this here. I'm playing from SP Sao Paulo on the SP gateway, having the same problems everyone else is. If we still have problems tomorrow at least I'll have these MTRs to compare.

Old Servers
https://pastebin.com/TNM8RWDs

New Servers
https://pastebin.com/cb2QDDXS
"
C_Viper wrote:
I don't mean any disrespect towards Brazil but goddamn it's infrastructure cannot support competitive gaming for the whole SA region

[Removed by Support]

Brazil have VERY GOOD servers. I play CSGO and dota 2 in brazil servers with 5ms ping and other people from peru and argentina q up for Brazil servers cause their servers lags

Brazil path of exile server had 14ms to me for 3 years. Never had lag problems. Don't know whats happening now tho.

Brazil is the biggest economy from south america and its on top 4 together with China/Russia/India on the ascending countries in the world.

[Removed by Support]
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by Al_GGG on Jun 3, 2018, 10:53:35 PM
"
kiwichap wrote:
I am using EXIT lag and i still find it impossible to enjoy INCURSION... I enter the temple and can't move and therefore timer runs out...waste of time doing the temple till this mess is fixed

VPNs programs like exitlag/wtfast just change your route to the server... that's mainly a server issue not a route problem, so it wont change anything.

I know it's not a route problem because São Paulo people is having ping issues in a São Paulo server. If they are that close to the server and still have lag, that's not a route issue.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
"
C_Viper wrote:
I don't mean any disrespect towards Brazil but goddamn it's infrastructure cannot support competitive gaming for the whole SA region

[Removed by Support]

Er, I'm from Chile, and I never implied that those countries were superior in any way?? (and even then, I was talking about networking infrastructure, which has nothing to do with any political strife another country may be experiencing)
Please, have some respect for your fellow Latin Americans.
Last edited by C_Viper on Jun 3, 2018, 10:24:18 PM
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
"
kiwichap wrote:

VPNs programs like exitlag/wtfast just change your route to the server... that's mainly a server issue not a route problem, so it wont change anything.

I know it's not a route problem because São Paulo people is having ping issues in a São Paulo server. If they are that close to the server and still have lag, that's not a route issue.

Thou I can't vouch for the new servers, the old servers had routing issues. I'm playing from Sao Paulo and I know it was a routing issue as a friend using another ISP 2 blocks from here had no problems at all back then. Or he would have problems when I did not.

A route with more hops, a longer route, is more likely to have problems than a short one, just because there are more steps for shit to go wrong, but a short route can indeed have problems just as bad.

The thing here is complicated because the hop that was causing the issue, at least for me, was one outside of my ISP reach and outside of GGGs domain. And yes, it's part of our infrastructure, which as you know, since you're Brazilian, is a piece of shit.

What GGG have to do is set up in the same way LoL and Blizzard games are set, because they don't have said routing issues, whatever is it that they're doing. Have to do is a strong term, I'm just a layman, but it just seems like a good place to target for a benchmark.
Well, I've never had any troubles with POE in several years playing... Lag spikes started from middle bestiary and now incursion just got worse , so... Reported (with the tests, 4 hosts are fucked up, basically) the issue via email to gggtech and got no answer at all, I've contacted my ISP asking about the problem and they told me that there's no routing problems and the lag issues could probably be my hardware or the server having instability... So basically ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"
Rakescar wrote:
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
"
kiwichap wrote:

Thou I can't vouch for the new servers, the old servers had routing issues. I'm playing from Sao Paulo and I know it was a routing issue as a friend using another ISP 2 blocks from here had no problems at all back then. Or he would have problems when I did not.

A route with more hops, a longer route, is more likely to have problems than a short one, just because there are more steps for shit to go wrong, but a short route can indeed have problems just as bad.

The thing here is complicated because the hop that was causing the issue, at least for me, was one outside of my ISP reach and outside of GGGs domain. And yes, it's part of our infrastructure, which as you know, since you're Brazilian, is a piece of shit.

What GGG have to do is set up in the same way LoL and Blizzard games are set, because they don't have said routing issues, whatever is it that they're doing. Have to do is a strong term, I'm just a layman, but it just seems like a good place to target for a benchmark.

I am using TEXAS server at 150ms and is a whole lot better than SP 129ms. In fact I almost don't notice a difference.
"
bitt_tb wrote:
"
rafaelcc wrote:
The new server works perfectly outside of rush hour.
If I had to guess I would say that these errors might be related to having two servers in one gateway.
Tomorrow (Monday) the gateway is supposed to be 100% migrated into the new server.

If these problems continue, then it will be really bad and we can all grab our pitchforks.
For now lets wait and see.

By "Rush Hour" do you mean since yesterday non-stop? Early this morning cannot be considered rush hour and the new servers were garbage. Take a look at my MTR result, a few replies above yours in this page

Rush hour in a weekend is the whole weekend basically.
Did you read any of the previous posts? Before the league several of us tested and the new servers were perfect.
I am playing now, 6 am Monday, and they are perfect, no instance problem or lag spikes.
This is clearly not a routing problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info