Sao Paulo Server latency

Can you also PM me which ISP you're with? Hopefully I can get new server provider to look into what's going wrong.
"
Juanch88 wrote:
Hi Fitzy,

br.login.pathofexile.com

https://pastebin.com/8YarNs5E

alt.br.pathofexile.com

https://pastebin.com/Z0putS54

If there is anything I can do to provide more information or do some testing, please let me know.

My usual ping is about 55 +-5ms. Usually 50.

This is hopefully fixed now - can you let me know if there is an improvement?

"
The DC have reported that a supplier was having some re-routing issues, which were increasing the latency.
This has now been fixed and they've confirmed that the routing is back to normal.
"
korn3957 wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
korn3957 wrote:
fitzy, could you tell us what's going on with the server? 125ms all day :S

Run WinMTR like you have been asked

And stop assuming it is the server, you have categorical proof in this thread in the form of dozens of test results showing that it was not the server.

Its the server, all my friends have 125+ ms . I have no problems in other games, like dota 2 and csgo, had a stable 35 ping at these games, so stop being a ggg fan. Why are you assuming i dont sent my winmtr log?

This means nothing. This is the equivalent of saying your drive to the supermarket takes less time than your drive to a place the same distance away when you're stuck in a traffic-jam, then blaming the destination.

I need a WinMTR capture to see where the networking is broken.
If you can't provide any troubleshooting information, I literally have no avenue in which to provide any support.
"
i8037 wrote:

My ISP BTW.

"
unsmith wrote:
that certain Brazil providers are oversubscribed

You have argentinians and chileans here complaining about the same issues. Are their providers oversubscribed too?

"
unsmith wrote:

Nothing has been done to the gateway because nothing is wrong with the gateway. This is the only logical conclusion from the networking data provided.

Yeah, this thread is just a ruse.

When I say oversubscribed, I'm referring to an upstream router that those ISPs route through, not the ISPs themselves.

Also, the bulk of this thread is referring to different hardware located in a different datacenter behind different routers. I am not blaming anyone's ISP here. If I get up to date data on where the networking is not performing as expected, I can then go to the new provider and get them to look into the problems.

People like to claim that this problem is affecting "everyone", but as far as I can tell, this is not true. I'm keen to try and fix network issues for those who experience them, but this is a two-way street.
"
Kameda wrote:
Hey, are we still posting WinMTRs in here?

My usual problem is being stuck in a loading screen for ages. Sometimes if I wait, it may actually load or go back to the login screen with an "unexpected disconnect". Or if I click, the client stops responding and crashes.

https://pastebin.com/Wva0mvv1

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| DMG-6661 - 0 | 1055 | 1055 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 |
| No response from host - 100 | 211 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 187-100-37-97.dsl.telesp.net.br - 0 | 1055 | 1055 | 1 | 2 | 53 | 2 |
| 187-100-196-82.dsl.telesp.net.br - 0 | 1055 | 1055 | 2 | 3 | 35 | 3 |
| 187-100-53-210.dsl.telesp.net.br - 0 | 1055 | 1055 | 2 | 12 | 163 | 51 |
|et-3-0-0-0.core-a.spo511.algartelecom.com.br - 0 | 1055 | 1055 | 2 | 4 | 33 | 4 |
|ae0-0.ptx-b.spo-piaf.algartelecom.com.br - 1 | 1051 | 1050 | 2 | 5 | 211 | 3 |
|et-5-0-1-0.edge-a.spo-piab.algartelecom.com.br - 0 | 1055 | 1055 | 2 | 3 | 11 | 3 |
|ae1-0.border-a.ula001.algartelecom.com.br - 0 | 1055 | 1055 | 2 | 4 | 40 | 4 |
| 177.54.148.19 - 0 | 1055 | 1055 | 2 | 3 | 5 | 4 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

The next couple times this happens, can you please grab the IP of the instance server you're connecting to?

You can grab this from logs/Client.exe in your Path of Exile install directory. This line I want looks like this:
"
[INFO Client 6092] Connecting to instance server at 101.100.146.42:6112

DinoUY - if I could get you to do the same, it would be much appreciated!
"
i8037 wrote:
Also we're 18 days into the new league with this awful gateway. A LATAM player has a better experience playing on Texas than playing on Sao Paulo right now. Even with 200 ms, Predictive mode and constant desyncs.

How's that even remotely acceptable? The gateway is on fire and the devs are here arguing semantics with us.

This isn't a venue for you to hurl abuse. I understand that you're frustrated, but if you continue posting as you have, I will be forced to remove your posts.
We have now finished fully migrating to the new server host. No instances are being created on the servers previously hosting the Brazil gateway.

I will be making some adjustments based on data collected over the weekend, and will check back periodically to look at any problems players are experiencing.

I'm currently investigating reports of disconnections, and social functions not working correctly for some users.
"
Petusillos wrote:
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
We have now finished fully migrating to the new server host. No instances are being created on the servers previously hosting the Brazil gateway.

I will be making some adjustments based on data collected over the weekend, and will check back periodically to look at any problems players are experiencing.

I'm currently investigating reports of disconnections, and social functions not working correctly for some users.

Hey Fitzy, right now since the migration is completed, do we have to use br.login.pathofexile.com, alt.br.pathofexile.com or both to perform a MTR??????

Both of those now point to the same place, so no need to use alt.br
"
Petusillos wrote:
Despite being rare, I'm still having some issues.

This is a MTR of one of the instance servers (177.54.158.116) at the moment of the issue:

And this is a MTR when everything runs smooth:

br.login.pathofexile.com

Here I've switched from the laggy instance to a normal one. In the log file both instances points to the same instance server 177.54.158.116:

Let me know if you need more info or additional tests.

PD: I forgot to say that my normal latency in Sao Paulo is 47ms. In laggy instances it's 120ms

Just to be clear, both laggy and normal instances were on the same IP?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info