Sao Paulo Server latency

We will have 40% of the replacement capacity available tomorrow, and the remainder by the end of the work week.
"
bitt_tb wrote:
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
No, I would expect a few days at the very most - potentially tomorrow or the next day to replace all of the hardware.
Is it possible to let us know here when the servers are completely ready so we can compare the experience?
Yes - I will post in here when everything is transferred over. There will be a news post soon regarding this, too.
"
i8037 wrote:
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
The remaining servers are due on Monday - not much I can do right now.

On May 29th.

"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
No, I would expect a few days at the very most - potentially tomorrow or the next day to replace all of the hardware.

On June 4th.

"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
We will have 40% of the replacement capacity available tomorrow, and the remainder by the end of the work week.

On June 4th.

The thing is, GGG will never stop giving these false, PR responses because SP gateway isn't top priority right now. Any sane company would fix this issue ASAP because losing an entire continent of players is something unthinkable. Maybe when they really start losing costumers they'll do something but unfortunately this is not gonna happen any time soon due to brand loyalty that a lot of players here (including myself) have.

I have been given ETAs by the new provider that haven't been accurate. This problem is #1 on my priority list, and I am doing everything I can to get this sorted as soon as possible. There's no PR or spin in what I'm saying - I am just relaying progress as it happens.
"
try to avoid ggg fans, problems had more than 1 year , the only difference was before wasn't critical. Love the game but is frustrating how ggg lying to us all the time that the problem was always our ISP

We have only indicated problems have been caused by an ISP, when they have clearly been caused by an ISP.

They problem we are trying to solve here is is a peering/routing problem caused by peers sitting in-front of many SA ISPs. The servers that we have used are the same as every other gateway, down to the hardware.
I'm adding some additional capacity today. I will let you know when the remaining replacements are in.

I'm hesitant to provide any estimates, as they seem to be taken as "deadlines" now - I will just stick to giving you guys information when stuff is actually tangible.
"
Holografik wrote:
relax, game is playable af guys
https://imgur.com/a/3Icf2oL
can't even use a portal to go back to city

This was caused by a realm-wide outage this morning.
"
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
I'm adding some additional capacity today. I will let you know when the remaining replacements are in.

I'm hesitant to provide any estimates, as they seem to be taken as "deadlines" now - I will just stick to giving you guys information when stuff is actually tangible.

This is happening just because a entire Gateway can not enjoy the experience of the new league. Adding to this the fact that we have estimates behind estimates and none of them is coming true, it is a bit difficult.

I should reiterate that this is not affecting the entire gateway, but a bunch of ISPs. I'm not downplaying that it's not affecting a significant amount of people, but the scope is one of the reasons why we haven't be able to justify moving hosts in the past.

Estimates given were also based on the information I was given at the time by our server host. I think it's just best not to give them anymore, as the info I'm getting is not reliable.
The latency displayed in the gateway selection menu will be fixed soon. It's currently pointing at the old location.

Edit: Should be updated as soon as DNS changes update everywhere.
Last edited by Fitzy_GGG on Jun 12, 2018, 12:03:26 AM
"
wesleysave wrote:
It was unplayable yesterday...still unplayable today.

Can you run a WinMTR trace on br.login.pathofexile.com? Everything in the last couple of days is with the new server host, so I want to see if there is a network issue.
"
Petusillos wrote:
Hi Fitzy.

Right now it seems that both hosts are having routing problems:

br.login.pathofexile.com

alt.br.pathofexile.com

I hope that this does not kill all work made to move servers from one place to another.

Both of those addresses go to the new host now, as we're mostly migrated over.

Can I get the text version of those?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info