3.0.0 taking away instant logout?

"
vio wrote:
a game should have goals, especially for it's nolifers.

Farm for a mirror.
"
biyte wrote:
Don't you just want to kill players at bandits, kza?

:P

Should be a lot more interesting when we cant just insta log, eh? :)
"
Towlg wrote:
"
vio wrote:

Farm for a mirror.

That's literally the easiest thing to fucking do as a no lifer.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
Towlg wrote:
"
vio wrote:

Farm for a mirror.

That's literally the easiest thing to fucking do as a no lifer.

I have 4x lvl 100 characters and 40/40 of each league since Perandus and still no mirror drop.
i don't understand the point of this thread
Last edited by matt29234 on May 29, 2017, 11:34:31 PM
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
Of course I could play HC even now, and I could definitely reach >90 and finish all game content if I really feel like it - while still not giving a damn about instant log out - but why do so? I told you that my adrenaline spikes are fine and dandy on Softcore and Hardcore doesn't feel more entertaining at all from my humble point of view.

*sigh*

There is no incentive for me to do that. None at all...

You could, yet you haven't, because maybe you could actually not.
Nothing wrong with that on its own though, it does not matter.

If there is no incentive for you to play HC, you're not a HC player in the first place, and you probably just won't understand what it is to (want to) play HC, simple as that.

Nothing wrong with that, but don't bring the excuse "oh but I don't play HC because of connection problem ! Otherwise I would !" because that is just a pitiful excuse that nobody wants to read honestly.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
Of course I could play HC even now, and I could definitely reach >90 and finish all game content if I really feel like it - while still not giving a damn about instant log out - but why do so? I told you that my adrenaline spikes are fine and dandy on Softcore and Hardcore doesn't feel more entertaining at all from my humble point of view.

*sigh*

There is no incentive for me to do that. None at all...

You could, yet you haven't, because maybe you could actually not.
Nothing wrong with that on its own though, it does not matter.

If there is no incentive for you to play HC, you're not a HC player in the first place, and you probably just won't understand what it is to (want to) play HC, simple as that.

Nothing wrong with that, but don't bring the excuse "oh but I don't play HC because of connection problem ! Otherwise I would !" because that is just a pitiful excuse that nobody wants to read honestly.

I don't think that it's an "pitiful excuse" as long as I do play Hardcore on every goddamn RPG that has an offline mode and gives 1 chance to finish all the content.

And I don't mind that anyone else thinks it's not deserving, because that it's just the fact regarding my point of view regarding HC and connection problems.

If I will have enough time, maybe I'll even give HC SSF a chance starting with 3.0.

And let me restate that PoE had too many moments when things just went wrong, starting from technical problems regarding abyssmal performance drops (due to certain patches that "improved performance"), client-server communication problems and even retarded one shot damage spikes just for the "lols".

It just felt subpar at random times, and convinced me that it just doesn't feels like a finished game even now. Heck, I even get unexpected disconnections and drop out of parties when I try to finish Uber Lab regularily, although I could play it from start to finish on my own.

And that is after I can actually play Star Citizen with a better experience than having >10 APS Lightning Strike on my notebook or PC. And that is sad.
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on May 30, 2017, 2:18:27 AM
There have been moments when performances reached really low level, true, but that's a while ago, now the game is pretty stable.
And I have been playing with 140 ms ping recently ( because sometimes Singaporean gateway can become unstable, it's easy to notice and switch to California though ).

The "retarded" one shot damages are extremely rare, and funnily enough people pushing for ladder ( so the one going the fastest, aka taking the most risk in the content that they are running compared to someone going slowly ), are basically not subject to those.
It means one thing mainly : those one shot don't happen out of the blue at all, and not at a frequency that would actually threaten them to keep them from rushing to there.

And hopefully, volatile is going to go somewhat soon ( I hope ).
I hope that they will fix at least most performance/technical issues during the beta too, there is so much new content that we don't know.

What you do in other "every goddamn RPG that has an offline mode and gives" does not matter here to be honest.
There is not much about "deserving" anything.

Facts are :
- you do not play HC, when others do, and their success is not related to luck or connection : you could play HC, but you do not want.

And saying "oh but I am a hardcore player, only ...." is not going to change that.

Somebody leaving veeery far from the closest gateway with a very unstable ISP ..... would be another story though.
Last edited by Fruz on May 30, 2017, 2:19:38 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
There have been moments when performances reached really low level, true, but that's a while ago, now the game is pretty stable.
And I have been playing with 140 ms ping recently ( because sometimes Singaporean gateway can become unstable, it's easy to notice and switch to California though ).

The "retarded" one shot damages are extremely rare, and funnily enough people pushing for ladder ( so the one going the fastest, aka taking the most risk in the content that they are running compared to someone going slowly ), are basically not subject to those.
It means one thing mainly : those one shot don't happen out of the blue at all, and not at a frequency that would actually threaten them to keep them from rushing to there.

And hopefully, volatile is going to go somewhat soon ( I hope ).
I hope that they will fix at least most performance/technical issues during the beta too, there is so much new content that we don't know.

What you do in other "every goddamn RPG that has an offline mode and gives" does not matter here to be honest.
There is not much about "deserving" anything.

Facts are :
- you do not play HC, when others do, and their success is not related to luck or connection : you could play HC, but you do not want.

And saying "oh but I am a hardcore player, only ...." is not going to change that.

Somebody leaving veeery far from the closest gateway with a very unstable ISP ..... would be another story though.

Well, at 2.4.1 they changed something that made the performance drop hideously, and until 2.6.0 it wasn't resolved for me, not matter what tricks I used, and that is recent enough.

Thankfully, I live only at a few thousand km from the nearest gateway, but my Internet connection doesn't suffer losses except rarely, and even then closer to the gateway than me (I live in Cluj Napoca, Romania, and I get ~40-50 ms ping on Milan, Paris, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, or London most of the time).

As I said, let's talk after 3.0 hits and I start a SSF HC character so my opinion will be entitled in your view...

My problems are actually with spike damage as a method to kill players due to the use of instant log out as a feature, so by going HC, I should embrace the "chicken way" as the right way, and use it as often as the "skilled" players do... Not going to happen, just because there are better ways to "cheat death" than relying on instant log out from my humble point of view...

And hopefully, GGG will link progression to difficult content a lot better in 3.0, as to actually push the players with the end game fights regularly, instead of having hours upon hours of mindless low danger farming...

PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info