3.0.0 taking away instant logout?

Path of Chickencore
What the fck is wrong with ppl calling HC chickenmode in the firstplace?
Most HC players die several times within a league
Hell even pro players die several times within a league
Most HC players never reach end-end-game
Most HC players never kill Atziri.

To all this "there are no impossible situation"- Yes there are
Have fun planning around random prophecies which putts you into a deadend corner in a prison based map with random bameth spawn and vaal dding you. just one example of many. And to all that "you could have run other maps untill the prophecy procs". yea... bcause it never happens that prophecies doesnt proc for hours.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
DoEFotGS wrote:

Are you really call use a instant logout (from game session) scripts a part of gameplay?
I.e. something that broke gameplay, because you leave current game session, is really 'good' thing and can be part of 'game design'?

OK, so why then peoples has been (and will been) banned for using a flask scripts?

I don't see a big difference between that 'opportunities', but one of they is 'legit'. Why? Double standards?

Sorry, I will just completely ignore anything related to unauthorized exploiting scripts, because that's not the point at all, and is a completely different thing.

"

I will play HC as soon as they release a standalone client, as to die due to anything that is not my own fault is highly possible in PoE HC

Sorry, but I call BS there.
How come do many people reach 100 HC within the first weeks of a league ?
I mean, they have do be reaaaally lucky to do so, and funnily enough many of them are the same guys than the previous leagues, what incredible luck not not to be killed by something that isn't their fault !

There is no "last" encounter in softcore, that's the whole reason why there is a hardcore league.

There is a meaning in almost instant logging out, it has been said many times, it does make a lot of sense if you open your eyes.
You don't like it, fine. But saying that "There is no sense" is just completely wrong.

Let me respond to your BS with a question: How many of the HC 100 characters reached that level by doing only end game content and didn't abuse the instant log out?

Stop it with the so called "attitude" that "Hardcore" is "better" than Softcore. It isn't. It isn't even more balanced, and GGG just mentions that anything that will kill you is "your" fault.

The problem isn't with the Hardcore playstyle when you're supposed to be "perfection in the flesh" to stay alive, it's just that you can cowardly ignore danger 99.99% of the time and abuse instant logout which determines one shots to remain as a viable kill scenarios unfortunately...

PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on May 29, 2017, 11:13:18 AM
"
sofocle10000 wrote:

Let me respond to your BS with a question: How many of the HC 100 characters reached that level by doing only end game content and didn't abuse the instant log out?

Stop it with the so called "attitude" that "Hardcore" is "better" than Softcore. It isn't. It isn't even more balanced, and GGG just mentions that anything that will kill you is "your" fault.

There is NO abusing instant logout, instant logout is a FEATURE of the game, you like it or not, it won't change, period.
And shaper has been done in HC, uber Atziri is being farmed in HC.
There is no HC being better than SC, but there are people that want to pretend that they don't play HC but it's not their "fault", they want to pretend that they are the cool guys, very skilled one (because some - you here - do think of HC this way), but performances are holding them back .....

*sigh*

You have absolutely no excuse, if you really wanted to play HC, you would.
The end.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on May 29, 2017, 11:33:51 AM
What's the point in playing HC if you use instant logout? It's like putting a sock in your pants
"
DarkWap wrote:
What's the point in playing HC if you use instant logout? It's like putting a sock in your pants

What's the point of playing HC if you use a chest piece of armour ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
sofocle10000 wrote:

There is NO abusing instant logout, instant logout is a FEATURE of the game, you like it or not, it won't change, period.
And shaper has been done in HC, uber Atziri is being farmed in HC.
There is no HC being better than SC, but there are people that want to pretend that they don't play HC but it's not their "fault", they want to pretend that they are the cool guys, very skilled one (because some - you here - do think of HC this way), but performances are holding them back .....

*sigh*

You have absolutely no excuse, if you really wanted to play HC, you would.
The end.

I know why I will not play HC, and that is until they release a standalone client to exclude the connection problems, heck, everything else could go back to Invasion level one shots from my part.

Instant log out might be a feature, but to use it every time at the first sign of danger feels like an abuse that legitimates the "one shot" damage spikes. Just imagine the horror of a set 3 second log out timer and a substantial reduction in damage spikes...

Of course I could play HC even now, and I could definitely reach >90 and finish all game content if I really feel like it - while still not giving a damn about instant log out - but why do so? I told you that my adrenaline spikes are fine and dandy on Softcore and Hardcore doesn't feel more entertaining at all from my humble point of view.

*sigh*

There is no incentive for me to do that. None at all...

PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Instant Logout only prevents death, it doesn't allow any cheesing so you still have to be able to actually beat things. And I'm not even sure how meaningful it actually is.

Also PoE isn't a really mechanical challanging game, it basically only tests knowledge. People that reach lvl100 on HC over and over just know the game and what things will kill them in a shitty way. And even potential changes as followup to the ES changes might not make a difference because even if you logout you still technically lost, you didn't win and got no reward.

After all HC is already a rule people put upon themself. It doesn't even matter if you play HC in the actual HC league or in SC, because it is the same game. So people could just play by stricter rules if they want, which would also help reducing the technical issues that would arise.
Last edited by Emphasy on May 29, 2017, 4:16:53 PM
New support gem Cast On Logout 300% more dmg to linked spells.
Last edited by Fhark on May 29, 2017, 4:17:10 PM
Anyone using alt/f4 and/or logout macros in HC mode is a full on derp.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info