Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

3.0.0 taking away instant logout?

"
Towlg wrote:
"
vio wrote:
"one year of hard grind" experience. now it's some weeks of skillful play.

One year of hard grind while league is 3 months.

yes, temp leagues are 3 months and level to 100 took a year before the game was released and xp gain in midlevel maps was abysmal for endgame characters. one guy did it just to prove ggg wrong that it's not feasible to do so.

so what's the issue again?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
yes, temp leagues are 3 months and level to 100 took a year before the game was released and xp gain in midlevel maps was abysmal for endgame characters. one guy did it just to prove ggg wrong that it's not feasible to do so.

'before the game was released' is the key. Closed beta used for testing game balance

What the purpose of level 100 if it's unachievable? (Impossible with 3-month leagues unless you play 16 hours each day like a bot?) I highly doubt it is good for the game to have not feasible things.
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
"
vio wrote:
they already said they would have to redesign the whole game if they ever implemented a delayed logout.

if implemented, players likely would take no risks anymore and would have less fun doing so.

I'm sorry, but I disagree.

I never ever faced a difficult/impossible situation and used the "chicken" way out via logout instead of using a portal or dying.

I always prefer to make fair risk assessments, and face the consequences of my actions. And most of the time, if you keep your calm, and have a bit of skillplay, you end up amazed by your own accomplishments.

You would just have to deal with the fact that instant "chicken" out is not an option. It should have never been, but due to desync that was almost nullified by lockstep or the improved predictive mode years later, a compromise was reached.

The delayed logout will require more tuning of damage spikes, if it ever gets implemented.

You don't play HC.
And you probably seldom have adrenaline spikes playing PoE.

It's unrelated to desync, it's a design decision.

"
Nurvus wrote:

A proper compensation should be encouraging you to take risks through generous rewards.
HC should have a steeper scaling in rewards (XP, gear, currency) the higher the risks you take.

No.
If you need extra rewards to play HC, then you're are not GGG's target for the HC league.
People don't need to feel "forced" to play HC at all, saying such things, I bet that you don't play HC, but still call it "chickencore" ....

"
vio wrote:
aren't hc players playing hc to have a higher difficulty?

Exactly

"

Only if you think the huge damage spike are normal from a balance point of view. It's a "who was first, chicken or the egg?" problem regarding logout vs one shot damage spikes unfortunately...

No it's not, GGG designed the game that way for many reasons, they want it that way.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on May 29, 2017, 3:28:05 AM
"
Towlg wrote:
"
vio wrote:

'before the game was released' is the key. Closed beta used for testing game balance

What the purpose of level 100 if it's unachievable? (Impossible with 3-month leagues unless you play 16 hours each day like a bot?) I highly doubt it is good for the game to have not feasible things.

the initial design was to make the end of the game not reachable. it's still that way because progression just stops there and there is neither a reward or achievement blinking nor any acknowledgement from the community.

what ggg could have done is leaving the "grind to 100" as a motivation to play permanent leagues. as it is now ... i discussed with a guy last week who had 5 level 100 chars in legacy softcore and one 100 in legacy hardcore....

it's useless to level to 100. a game should have goals, especially for it's nolifers.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on May 29, 2017, 3:30:55 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"

Only if you think the huge damage spike are normal from a balance point of view. It's a "who was first, chicken or the egg?" problem regarding logout vs one shot damage spikes unfortunately...

No it's not, GGG designed the game that way for many reasons, they want it that way.

Are you really call use a instant logout (from game session) scripts a part of gameplay?
I.e. something that broke gameplay, because you leave current game session, is really 'good' thing and can be part of 'game design'?

OK, so why then peoples has been (and will been) banned for using a flask scripts?

I don't see a big difference between that 'opportunities', but one of they is 'legit'. Why? Double standards?

I personally find that 'design' is terrible while to this 'design' being affected by non gameplay features. Because gameplay is 'game' and 'play', you know. Not 'abuse a server-client mechanic'.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
"
vio wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:
"
vio wrote:
they already said they would have to redesign the whole game if they ever implemented a delayed logout.

if implemented, players likely would take no risks anymore and would have less fun doing so.

Players already take the least amount of risks already. People bitch about how easy the game is then turn around and refuse to run most of the map mods because its too risky.

this is a result of ggg's mistake of changing the experience formula. why not have a negative experience gain? would be the right price of "feeling powerful"?

the thing is, it's not easily changed back as the effect would be devastating. reaching 100 used to be a "one year of hard grind" experience. now it's some weeks of skillful play.

it just "lost it's achievement tag", so to say.

This is true but im sure about negative exp but the exp from mapping absolutely needs a rework. Its complete bullshit that when i run my T14-15s once im above 90 im getting pretty much the same exp per hour if not a little less at times than i do chain driving T10-12? Like WTF? And then on top of this im almost twice as likely to die in those T14-15 maps especially on the boss's of some of those maps. Boss's especially should give more exp based on their difficulty and the highest tier maps should always give the best exp.

The way it is now the entire risk vs reward is all messed up. You get more reward for taking the least amount of risk while going as fast as possible to make up for what little less the exp is in that lower map. They wouldn't need those eponitual exp pen beyond 95 and such if they would just fix how exp is rewarded by the maps tiers to start with. And i guarantee people wouldn't be chaining nothing but shaped T11s no matter how fast you can do them when you almost stop getting exp from them because you are actually forced to run the higher more difficult maps for the good exp instead of the way it is now.

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on May 29, 2017, 3:48:44 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
Spoiler
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
"
vio wrote:

I'm sorry, but I disagree.

I never ever faced a difficult/impossible situation and used the "chicken" way out via logout instead of using a portal or dying.

I always prefer to make fair risk assessments, and face the consequences of my actions. And most of the time, if you keep your calm, and have a bit of skillplay, you end up amazed by your own accomplishments.

You would just have to deal with the fact that instant "chicken" out is not an option. It should have never been, but due to desync that was almost nullified by lockstep or the improved predictive mode years later, a compromise was reached.

The delayed logout will require more tuning of damage spikes, if it ever gets implemented.

You don't play HC.
And you probably seldom have adrenaline spikes playing PoE.

It's unrelated to desync, it's a design decision.

Spoiler
"
Nurvus wrote:

A proper compensation should be encouraging you to take risks through generous rewards.
HC should have a steeper scaling in rewards (XP, gear, currency) the higher the risks you take.

No.
If you need extra rewards to play HC, then you're are not GGG's target for the HC league.
People don't need to feel "forced" to play HC at all, saying such things, I bet that you don't play HC, but still call it "chickencore" ....

"
vio wrote:
aren't hc players playing hc to have a higher difficulty?

Exactly

"

I will play HC as soon as they release a standalone client, as to die due to anything that is not my own fault is highly possible in PoE HC. Right now, playing Standard and deleting the character upon your own goof up is more "hardcore" than dying in HC league due to anything between connection problems until Devourers/Plummeting Ursa Volatiles...

And my adrenaline spikes are high enough, often enough, thank you for your concern. You just have to treat each encounter as it will be your last.

Maybe they designed the game that way because they lacked other technical options, as it would have been lacklustre to say the least to implement a logout timer and have client-server communication problems as often as PoE had before lockstep implementation.

There is no sense to have a "chicken" way out, when portals are available in most of the instances - the only exceptions are master missions - and you have solutions for every ailment, be them permanent or temporary immunities, heck or even Vaal Immortal Call...

With a set logout timer, damage spikes at least should get tuned as deaths should feel more fair.
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on May 29, 2017, 6:35:08 AM
"
DoEFotGS wrote:

Are you really call use a instant logout (from game session) scripts a part of gameplay?
I.e. something that broke gameplay, because you leave current game session, is really 'good' thing and can be part of 'game design'?

OK, so why then peoples has been (and will been) banned for using a flask scripts?

I don't see a big difference between that 'opportunities', but one of they is 'legit'. Why? Double standards?

Sorry, I will just completely ignore anything related to unauthorized exploiting scripts, because that's not the point at all, and is a completely different thing.

"

I will play HC as soon as they release a standalone client, as to die due to anything that is not my own fault is highly possible in PoE HC

Sorry, but I call BS there.
How come do many people reach 100 HC within the first weeks of a league ?
I mean, they have do be reaaaally lucky to do so, and funnily enough many of them are the same guys than the previous leagues, what incredible luck not not to be killed by something that isn't their fault !

There is no "last" encounter in softcore, that's the whole reason why there is a hardcore league.

There is a meaning in almost instant logging out, it has been said many times, it does make a lot of sense if you open your eyes.
You don't like it, fine. But saying that "There is no sense" is just completely wrong.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on May 29, 2017, 7:27:27 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
Sorry, I will just completely ignore anything related to unauthorized exploiting scripts, because that's not the point at all, and is a completely different thing.

Heh, thread says: 'taking away instant logout?', right?

For that you need open menu (esc) and simply click to 'logout'. Only two actions. Any 'modern' controlled device, a.k.a 'mouse', have programmable buttons. And many people use that to create scripts for this two simple actions.

So, no, we talk about same things. HC right now for 'skilled' players is total abuse server-client logout mechanic. Face something scare - logout, because it's faster and provide more chance to survive. Yes, it's still away from 100%, but much more safer than open portal and go away through them.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
Those scripts are not automated, they basically do the same action.
It's probably as quick as alt+f4, that's also one single action.

"
Fruz wrote:
Sorry, I will just completely ignore anything related to unauthorized exploiting scripts

It's not automated, it needs a player input.
Logging out in a very dangerous moment is NOT an abuse, it's a game mechanic, plain and simple.
And whatever you say, it won't change this.
Deal with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info