What's The Point Of Playing Hardcore?

hc just gives thrills and heart atacks and that gives purpose to play for. and i never used alt f4 or log out if rip then rip .. and whats a point playing sc when you have almost 0 penalty it gets boring after few days.....
This game definitely seems as if was designed to play in Hardcore. The exit of good items, etc from the market always makes me a little envious of the Hardcore Currency Market.

I'm pretty sure GGG didn't think that exalts would be worth 100+ chaos at any point during their early design.

The one great thing about hardcore is that is hasn't felt the effect of clear speed meta as much as softcore has. Most of the time chaos orbs in Hardcore seem to take you much farther. The best items there are half the price of that on softcore. I honestly think that is the economy that GGG wanted.

Sure there are a few players that clear speed Hardcore, but even then chaos has stayed <60 chaos. This used to be the case in Softcore as well, but people now make more currency per hour.

I wish I had the heart to play hardcore. I just can't take it...my heart starts beating all crazy and stuff even when I do the lab. I'm not really designed for this 1 life stuff. Softcore is perfect for me.

I don't think there is a wrong way to play this game, however I do think the design intent was for it to be played in a hardcore setting.
"
This game definitely seems as if was designed to play in Hardcore. The exit of good items, etc from the market always makes me a little envious of the Hardcore Currency Market.

I'm pretty sure GGG didn't think that exalts would be worth 100+ chaos at any point during their early design.

The one great thing about hardcore is that is hasn't felt the effect of clear speed meta as much as softcore has. Most of the time chaos orbs in Hardcore seem to take you much farther. The best items there are half the price of that on softcore. I honestly think that is the economy that GGG wanted.

Sure there are a few players that clear speed Hardcore, but even then chaos has stayed <60 chaos. This used to be the case in Softcore as well, but people now make more currency per hour.

I wish I had the heart to play hardcore. I just can't take it...my heart starts beating all crazy and stuff even when I do the lab. I'm not really designed for this 1 life stuff. Softcore is perfect for me.

I don't think there is a wrong way to play this game, however I do think the design intent was for it to be played in a hardcore setting.

Yeah the HC league economy always seems healthier. Lvling items retain value well into leagues chaos orb hold value better. I think people buy more varied items
I dont see any any key!
The low and mid-grade item economy is livelier. The high-end item economy is dreadful. Pros and cons.

You can sell a ton of 1-5 chaos items which no one will spare a glance for in SC after week 2.

You want to sell a 6-link Shavs? Prepare to wait, and people to haggle like crazy even if your price is pretty reasonable.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 26, 2017, 10:46:33 AM
"
Bars wrote:
The low and mid-end item economy is livelier. The high-end item economy is dreadful. Pros and cons.

guess i never noticed because I can never afford high end stuff lol
I dont see any any key!
whats the point of not playing hardcore?
"

To actually enjoy the game.
"
XerxezBreak wrote:
"

Assuming your subjective experiences are the norm for everyone is not particularly bright.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
XerxezBreak wrote:
"

we all play to enjoy the game we just enjoy different rules
I dont see any any key!
I disagree that this game was intended for HC. It is far too easy to die later in the game - even with 10k Life/ES. I also notice that things are a lot more expensive in HC so I'm not sure how the economy is really better. Having the best items is a necessity in HC so of course, items are going to be more unobtainable on the market.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info