Leaked 3.0.0 unique belt. It's causing a shitstorm on Reddit; they can't decide if it's good or bad

what would ever want it over a good rare
I dunno why anyone would use this over rare belt.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jun 10, 2017, 2:31:16 AM
As someone who has made a few self-cast blood magic casters, this belt seems designed for this very build. Since BM blocks ES regen, it forces you to spend many, many, many chroms on armour gear for blue sockets, or wasting ES on hybrid gear. Obviously a very niche build though.
"
Shabob wrote:
Geofries sanctuary
Shapers gloves
This belt
Slayer

7k Life
10k ES

I'm going to try it out.

Ummm, Zealot's Oath on Geofri's means no life regen, belt means no ES regen. You are depending entirely on leech. Even playing as Slayer, I've always been happy to have some life regen, for those times when you're taking damage but not dealing any (running away for example). That combo feels like suicide for me, too many gear requirements to make it work.

It might be workable for a high-life, low ES character, but worth it? Dunno. Say 7000 life, 200% on tree. That would give you 400ES, but it's constantly going to drain away. A leather belt with 133 life is totally achievable, and would give you 400 life that doesn't drain away, plus you get the other mods.

With this belt, you have to assume your ES is going to be 0, as it's going to start that way, and continuously trend that way. So, you have to be comfortable with whatever life you have. I have a Heirophant with 5k life, 6k ES, 5k armour, EC's and overcapped resistances, and it just feels squishy for some reason.

So, overall, the belt is not for me, but maybe someone can make a build out of it...
its obviously vendor trash.
You would need to invest in a ton of life just to get some more es with that belt. In the end you may get slightly more es with life investments + belt but it wont be worth it with that degen and loss of resists.
"
H4xolotl wrote:
Placing my bets; It's brokenly OP, and will be mandatory on every life build of 3.0.0

Dafuq are you talking about?
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Perfect for the build i wanted to run. MoM RF on Hierophant, either low life or not. Gives me access to ghost reaver which would otherwise be hard to get too. And makes the 30% of mana gained as energy shield useful.
Then again with the degen on the belt and the massive degen from RF since I will have no ES recharge probably wouldn't be that great.
Free RF.. that belt is OP OP
I wanted to say this is good, but Ghost Reaver triggers only on Full Life. Keep in mind, your life pool is relying entirely on Life Regen now. You take chaos damage, you are screwed. You go below 0 on ES, you are screwed. You use Zealot's Oath or Vaal Pact, you are screwed.

This belt has potential to be OP, so long as Ghost Reaver wasn't triggered on Full Life only. That conditional nukes this belt into the ground. Otherwise it would be so worth.
Creator of Dementophobia

Name, reward, art and flavor text all my idea, very satisfied with outcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info