Leaked 3.0.0 unique belt. It's causing a shitstorm on Reddit; they can't decide if it's good or bad

"
Boem wrote:
Assuming this belt is real and added, i wonder how it would interact with the continues leech from slayer and ascendant mini slayer because currently that does not work for ES.

It will be a poor choice for Slayer.
One of main Slayer's features is that he CAN leech life even when he's on full life (i mean, he gets LL "stacks", so when he's damaged, he IMMEDIATELY recovers his life at maximum leech rate, without wasting any time to gain LL stacks).
With this belt, Slayer cant leech life when on full life anymore.

The only thing i wonder is how this belt will work in real fight. For example, let's say you have 7k life and 5k ES maximums. You start with 5k life and 0 ES. You hit an enemy 10 times, and get 10 LL stacks, leeching 100 ES/sec each (so 1k ES/sec total). You leeched back 3k ES, and then you take 5k hit from enemy. It will reduce your ES to 0 and your life to 5k.
What happens with those 10 LL stacks then, when you lose Ghost Reaver in combat?
1. You still leech ES with those stacks, but new LL stacks will leech life instead
2. You immediately start to leech life instead (1400 life/sec)
3. You lose LL stacks and have to get them over again

And what happens, if you have VP?

IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Vasilas wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/871608/page/1

Many more uniques leaked here.

Eheheheheheee but seriously I think it's legit.
Second-class poe gamer
Last edited by pr13st on May 26, 2017, 3:42:59 AM
Can be used with the melee full life support which can bring this belt popular?
it's very hard to evaluate this, especially with the ES nerfs coming in 3.0. But this is one of the best-designed uniques that actually feels unique, and not just piled on good stats. Major props to the supporter who designed this, hopefully it finds some good use in the future.

I personally try it and feel it good.
well. There is already a shield that does ES on block. This shield has been op at a point and been nerfed afterward.

As mentionned above the leech however will not be instant, Instead it will regenerate slowly as you leech.

It may end up somehow viable in a luxury build with life/es hybrid affixes(do these will exist?) and some tree tweaks.

It is dramatically easier to sustain life in a fight if damage impact both life and es, also it prevents one shots.
"
Can be used with the melee full life support which can bring this belt popular?

Slayer can do it too.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Major props to the supporter who designed this, hopefully it finds some good use in the future.

It's a cool design for sure.

It just... Has too many penalties to make it justifiable for such a small output.

Like, even for a full life stacking build, it's not THAT much of an upgrade over a standard T1 roll Rare.

But the downsides and their results:

The constant drain, means that without VP (Due to inherent 3.0 changes), it's going to be hard for someone to actually fill it up when a healthpool actually matters (Whilst you also can't pre-stack it before a difficult fight unless you move like sanic)

No recharge also means you can't Vaal Discipline it either.

The fact it gives specifically Ghost Reaver, rather than a quasi GR in the form of "Life leech also affects ES while on full life" means that Slayer can't work with it.

The fact that ES starts on 0 means that hybrid builds cripple themselves in order to use it (Not that they get much out of it, given it's a percentage of max life... Compared to a Crystal Belt with a Life mod for example...)

So yeah...

The design is cool. Turn life into bonus ES and get inbuilt sustain to both health types (Without having to go and actually pick up ZO/GR and then sustain one type with Leech and one type with Regen meaning a heavy investment for sub-par results)

But the drawbacks prevent it from being that useful. At least with the current mediocre health percentage it uses... If it was like 10-15% then maybe it would be more worthwhile (900-1350 ES for a 9k Life build would be significant. Especially with its limitation of 144-216 ES/s Leech rate at that level)
"
Tarille wrote:

It just... Has too many penalties to make it justifiable for such a small output.

Like, even for a full life stacking build, it's not THAT much of an upgrade over a standard T1 roll Rare.

As i already said, it will depend on how "ghost reaver gain/loss" on full life will interact with life leech. For example, if character saves his LL stacks, and only instantly switches to gain ES instead of life and vice versa... Then this belt could be quite powerful even for "pure life" build, cause it makes stacking leech much easier and much more consistent (bringing it something close to Slayer ascendancy).
And if this works also with Vaal Pact, it could actually grant you benefits of both instant and non-instant leech...Not to mention, that with few investments into ES, one can have an extra 2-4k buffer against volatiles and other oneshot shit. With more investments - even more!

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on May 27, 2017, 4:13:07 AM
Here's what I see in this belt.

1. If you are not a slayer, it provides, in theory, the ability for leach to not stop when you hit max life (requires testing, but in theory once you cap your life, the leach would continue into the es and never stop because of the constant es drain preventing max es).

2. Put on gear to get enough ES to absorb most hits (ideally a decent saintly chain or something), and suddenly due to maintaining ES through leaching, melee damage on full life gem becomes viable for life-based builds.

Overall, I see it as being good, but not game-breaking.
Shit.

GGG unfortunately is in the habit of designing many similar uniques that give mediocre bonuses and then huge nerfs for no reason
some of their uniques nerf chars more than buff them and this is one of them

who thought that would be a good idea over there I do not know

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info