Leaked 3.0.0 unique belt. It's causing a shitstorm on Reddit; they can't decide if it's good or bad

The main draw of the belt is it's ES mod based off life which, in most cases, would be ~400-500 life. Now that sounds strong, a free Kaoms on your belt, but the thing about Kaoms is that the life it gives is actually life. That flat 500 life gets scaled by all your nodes, the belt only gives you more HP at face value unless you've invested in some ES nodes, which I can't see why you would in most cases and it also has ES degen to boot.

Honestly if you compare this belt to a decent rare, it's ~400 ES vs ~70 life, WED and 80 total res. Not worth it
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760
"
Enzari wrote:

Honestly if you compare this belt to a decent rare, it's ~400 ES vs ~70 life, WED and 80 total res. Not worth it

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 70 Life, you can easily get 150 life on belt slot with a rare, I think maximum is either 159 or 164, not sure what maximum Strength roll is
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
Enzari wrote:

Prob even less than 400 ES, after all you're missing life in belt slot, and not everybody has/uses Kaom's...
Will have to wait and see all the changes in 3.0, but my bet is on the "niche item" for some hybrid build (or maybe will have great synergy with other old/new uniques?)
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
adghar wrote:
"
Enzari wrote:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 70 Life, you can easily get 150 life on belt slot with a rare, I think maximum is either 159 or 164, not sure what maximum Strength roll is

Well then all the more to the case that the belt isn't that great
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760
I can see a hybrid Slayer or Aegis Aurora blocker using this. Guess it's worth to give it a try.
There is a sure way to die.

Билды - это листья на дереве Path of Exile. C каждым патчем одни опадают, и каждую лигу вырастают другие.
TWO WORDS;

AEGIS AURORA

... I rest my case. OP very...
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear

reserve all mana pool for auras, use life as mana, recover life and es- profit? (do note that using echo gem first hit will regain consumed life and second will go for es).

Now thinking about EB, would it make any sense in any way? Feels like weaker variant of covenant, just you can use other armour piece and also its more gimmick to get this setup going.
"
Andrius319 wrote:

reserve all mana pool for auras, use life as mana, recover life and es- profit? (do note that using echo gem first hit will regain consumed life and second will go for es).

Now thinking about EB, would it make any sense in any way? Feels like weaker variant of covenant, just you can use other armour piece and also its more gimmick to get this setup going.

Nooooo... You really should not be wearing all uniques on a character. You're really sacrificing ALOT by choosing this op belt.

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
solwitch wrote:
TWO WORDS;

AEGIS AURORA

Not particularly. First of all, AA builds have their own unique ES recovery mechanism. Second, the belt slot is extremely powerful for life-based builds.

Uniques:
- Meginord's - flat phys, life
- Belt of the Deceiver - phys dmg, decent life, reduced crit dmg taken - stacks nicely with enfeeble and the passive near the Marauder, intimidate - 10% more phys dmg)
- Headhunter - no need to explain
- Immortal Flesh - life and mana regen, up to 140 life, flat phys reduction, although the resists are a bitch

Well-rolled rares can have:
- a high life + strength roll
- WED
- armour (always good with AA)
- chaos res (important for AA)
- other resists
- flask mods
- crafted movement speed

Rare belt implicits: phys dmg from a rustic sash, over 600 armour with Iron Reflexes from a Vanguard belt, up to 40 life from a leather belt. Even if it's about the ES, you can get over 100 ES plus a high life roll from a crystal belt, on top of all the other possible rolls.

IMO the opportunity cost is way, way too high. Belts are amazing, almost all of their mods are good, which also makes them a good target for chaos spam.

And, since VP is supposed to no longer work with ES, you'll get what, 20% ES leech per second? That's nothing compared to the recovery from AA. Laughable.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 25, 2017, 4:40:40 AM
"
Bars wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:
TWO WORDS;

AEGIS AURORA

Not particularly. First of all, AA builds have their own unique ES recovery mechanism. Second, the belt slot is extremely powerful for life-based builds.

Uniques:
- Meginord's - flat phys, life
- Belt of the Deceiver - phys dmg, decent life, reduced crit dmg taken - stacks nicely with enfeeble and the passive near the Marauder, intimidate - 10% more phys dmg)
- Headhunter - no need to explain
- Immortal Flesh - life and mana regen, up to 140 life, flat phys reduction, although the resists are a bitch

Well-rolled rares can have:
- a high life + strength roll
- WED
- armour (always good with AA)
- chaos res (important for AA)
- other resists
- flask mods
- crafted movement speed

Rare belt implicits: phys dmg from a rustic sash, over 600 armour with Iron Reflexes from a Vanguard belt, up to 40 life from a leather belt. Even if it's about the ES, you can get over 100 ES plus a high life roll from a crystal belt.

IMO the opportunity cost is way, way too high.

And, since VP is supposed to no longer work with ES, you'll get what, 20% ES leech per second? That's nothing compared to the recovery from AA. Laughable.

That's particularly why the belt is OP, it's another form of ES stacking. Max block with this shield, fast attack build you'll never die. It compliments AA very well.

Edit: Your not sacrificing nodes... don't forget the nodes... Just a hint.

Last edited by solwitch on May 25, 2017, 4:44:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info