Leaked 3.0.0 unique belt. It's causing a shitstorm on Reddit; they can't decide if it's good or bad

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?!
Last bumped on Jul 19, 2017, 11:15:27 AM
Placing my bets; It's brokenly OP, and will be mandatory on every life build of 3.0.0

People will initially vendor it as trash until a Mathil uses it, at which point its price jumps astronomically
Last edited by H4xolotl on May 25, 2017, 1:43:22 AM
hard to know without trying it. Could easily be utter trash and/or insanely strong. For a life build losing life in belt slot hurts (immortal flesh for example gives you 140 life with a bunch of other great mods).
cant use HH then
Cannot recharge or regenerate energy shield is nowhere near as bad as it seems on the surface. Most people don't use energy shield regeneration anyway, and energy shield regeneration is only a small bonus. Especially since this is clearly designed to be for a hybrid life and energy shield type build.

The extra 4% to 6% of maximum life added as energy shield is, in my opinion, a far better way to make the item more appealing than a flat energy shield mod. 4% to 6% is going to end up being 200 to 300 energy shield for a build with 5,000 life. Losing energy shield per second isn't that bad of a thing, however if it's used in conjunction with Blood Rage, there may be some issues. For a 5,000 life build you'd be taking almost as much physical damage per second as the belt gives you as extra energy shield, which kinda nullifies most of the reason to use the belt. If you aren't using Blood Rage, then it's not that big of a deal to be losing a little bit each second.

The effectiveness of the belt depends partially on how much they change Ghost Reaver. If it removes life leech and applies it all to energy shield, then the belt suddenly becomes next to useless for a slayer, at least with how I'm assuming the belt would work. The only build where I could even see the belt being used effectively would be an Aegis build. Other than that I'd expect it to just be a niche item that people try out and forget.

One thing you also have to consider, is that it's a unique belt with no resistances on it, with a fucking garbage implicit (though, that gives incentive to vaal it) and with no offensive effects. From a rare belt, you would be losing somewhere between 60% total res from a bad belt, and 120% total res from a good belt. Though, losing out on life as a mod is alright because of the fact that it gives energy shield.

Do I think it's OP? Fuck no. It's fucking abysmal for a CI or Low-life build, which I know is clearly not the intended target of the belt. And I know they gutted energy shield builds as a whole, but they could make changes to the balance decisions during the beta. Nobody scaling energy shield as their main form of defense will use this. It will only be used by people who are planning to go semi-hybrid, which right now is a very small minority. I say semi-hybrid because the item will be garbage if you have half of your effective life pool taken by energy shield. I do not believe this item will change that long-term. In my opinion it is a bad belt, for both leveling and endgame. Though who knows, it's not even out yet, and there are huge changes to come in the future.

Edit: I do want to clarify that while I think it is a bad item, it is also a very well designed supporter unique. It changes the way that energy shield can be used on a life based character without it being overpowered. Unique items that offer a niche or change the way mechanics work without being total garbage and aren't overpowered are the best types, and don't come around very often.
Last edited by Shazamarang on May 25, 2017, 2:21:06 AM
So...

You lose Life and Resists.

But gain "Psuedo Life" in the form of additional ES, that you can sustain for "Free" with the inbuilt Ghost Reaver. Provided you have some Leech.

Now... 6% of max life as ES.

So if you had 8k life, that would be 480 ES from it.

Meaning effectively 480 "Life" (That doesn't work with Regen/Non-instant Leech to improve its effectiveness) from the belt.

Is that worth giving up a regular belt with Life and Resists on it?

I don't really know.

Edit:

Forgot to mention, that Life builds won't even really get to fill up that ES.

Since 3.0 VP won't work on ES, you'll be stuck with up to 20% of your ES per second maximum. So you'd be getting at best 96 ES per second. Only if you're at full life.

So honestly, the best thing about this, is that GGG seem to be wanting to have a foray into mechanics that could make hybrid Life/ES builds properly viable (I.e. This is looking at how making Leech work on Life+ES could work out)
Last edited by Tarille on May 25, 2017, 2:58:26 AM
Actually I'm revising my previous thoughts. We'll see how it actually works in practice but I can't imagine a life build relying too much on an additional and minor ES mechanic.
Last edited by BodyHammer01 on May 25, 2017, 2:45:24 AM
I mean... if you are a hybrid, you won't get any real amount of es from it, get es degen, and have to leech it from 0 on any map (without any other way to regain es), and all this to get ghost reaver??
If you are CI, obviously this is no go. If you are high life, again, it is completely useless, since even if you have 8000 r life, why would you want extra 500 es in exchange for no leech for you main ehp pool (because of ghost reaver)?
And not to mention all the yellow mods you are missing out on.
"
H4xolotl wrote:
Placing my bets; It's brokenly OP, and will be mandatory on every life build of 3.0.0

People will initially vendor it as trash until a Mathil uses it, at which point its price jumps astronomically

:D

thanks for the morning laughs.. also might be very true.
d:-D*
Energy shield in 3.0? Right. *snicker*

Low-quality bait.

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info