Leaked 3.0.0 unique belt. It's causing a shitstorm on Reddit; they can't decide if it's good or bad

"your ES starts at 0" - does that mean, even if you would have like 3-6k ES (proper hybrid value) that you start the map with 0 ES? Then it seems really bad, given that you also suffer ES degen... I was super hyped for a Ghostreaver at full life unique, but here they added so many drawbacks... :/
dedadadadedoodoodoo is all i want to say to you
"
tweedledee111 wrote:
"your ES starts at 0" - does that mean, even if you would have like 3-6k ES (proper hybrid value) that you start the map with 0 ES? Then it seems really bad, given that you also suffer ES degen... I was super hyped for a Ghostreaver at full life unique, but here they added so many drawbacks... :/

There are ways to get ES ;)

You want to roll a 4%/6% 4% degen is nothing...
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on May 25, 2017, 4:49:47 AM
"
solwitch wrote:

That's particularly why the belt is OP, it's another form of ES stacking. Max block with this shield, fast attack build you'll never die. It compliments AA very well.

Edit: Your not sacrificing nodes... don't forget the nodes... Just a hint.

We'll see. I remain extremely skeptical.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:

That's particularly why the belt is OP, it's another form of ES stacking. Max block with this shield, fast attack build you'll never die. It compliments AA very well.

Now you can stack both es and life, I expect essentia sanguine to be fitting... as well.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
1 alch item after first week.
Second-class poe gamer
"
pr13st wrote:
1 alch item after first week.

That low? I'll say 1c.

funny is they say make ES life viable I been playing that awhile fine as is ~4K/~7K

I take ghost rever without all those penalty. With my 4K like and perfect belt I would get 240 ES though. Still not worth with all them penalty no res basically nothing when crystals have like 130 ES Not to mention this has ghost rever only on full life.

Its garbage.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 25, 2017, 5:52:46 AM
For a life build with 6k hp you would have something like 190% increased life. Give or take. A well rolled leather belt with 40 implicit and 85 life and 3 somewhat good suffixes has 125 base life. 125 x (1+1.9) = 362,5 hp.

6% of 6k is 360 but then you have to into consideration all the suffixes you are missing out on. You have to make up for the loss of the resistance suffixes on other items which means the rare belt is superior.

If you have 8k hp with 250% increased life (including life from jewels) the unique belt would grant you 480 ES while the rare belt used in the example above gives you 437,5 life. Again the rare belts wins if you take into account suffixes.

ES does give you a 50% chance to avoid being stunned but that’s in my experience not really a big issue with life builds that has a solid portion of hp.

So to me it looks like they should raise the percentage of ES gained from this belt from 4-6% to 6-8%.

Edit: Forgot to take into account increased ES from hybrid nodes / int. I am idiot.

Edit 2: On the right side of the tree we have Written in Blood (ES / Life hybrid nodes) and Nullification which grants a total of 40% increased ES. With 120 Int you would have 64% ES. With 6k Life the belt would then grant 360 x 1.64 = 590.4 ES which is actually not too bad.

On the left side of the tree int is a bit harder to come by but there we do have some ES hybrid nodes such as Sanctity and Faith and Steel. Also typically the builds on the left side of the tree would have a higher initial life pool which also benefits this belt.

So all in all I think it does have it's uses. 6% seems good.

Last edited by Frankenberry on May 25, 2017, 5:58:47 AM
"
Frankenberry wrote:
Edit: Forgot to take into account increased ES from hybrid nodes / int. I am idiot.

Edit 2: On the right side of the tree we have Written in Blood (ES / Life hybrid nodes) and Nullification which grants a total of 40% increased ES. With 120 Int you would have 64% ES. With 6k Life the belt would then grant 360 x 1.64 = 590.4 ES which is actually not too bad.

On the left side of the tree int is a bit harder to come by but there we do have some ES hybrid nodes such as Sanctity and Faith and Steel. Also typically the builds on the left side of the tree would have a higher initial life pool which also benefits this belt.

So all in all I think it does have it's uses. 6% seems good.

If it works as Hiero's mana -> ES does (which I believe it will) then % increased ES will not apply multiplicatively as you have implied. It will work something like base life * (%inc life + %inc es) * 0.04-0.06.

In your example of 190% inc life getting us to 6k hp, with 40% inc es our base hp would be 2069 (6000 / (1 + 1.9)). Therefore ES gained from this belt would be 273 - 410 (2069 * (1 + 1.9 + 0.4) * 0.04-0.06)
21/05/18 - The beginning of the end of PoE
"
solwitch wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:

Now you can stack both es and life, I expect essentia sanguine to be fitting... as well.

It has always been possible to stack both ES and life, that's nothing new. It's just that CI and lowlife are flat out better in most cases. There are some fringe cases like this guy who apparently killed Shaper in SSF with a life/es hybrid build using Esh's Visage and a number of other specific uniques, but these are just an exception.

About this belt, after they gut ES, just no. Even if we disregard the opportunity cost of practically missing your belt slot (in a build like AA which is already unique-heavy to begin with, resists are often a real problem), it's simply not going to be good. It'll degen your ES to 0 outside of combat, which may actually lead to you getting oneshot in certain situations like the beginning of a boss fight, and the measly 20% ES per second leech you're going to get with it is going to be laughable. You'll recharge the same amount or more with a single AA block.

Let me reiterate the planned ES changes: high-tier ES rolls will be gutted, and VP will not work with ES. This right there is what will make most life/ES hybrids worthless. I used to play life/ES hybrids with GR and Vp before transitioning to CI, they worked - to some extent - this will no longer be the case. Of course, it won't be much of a problem in the grand scheme of things as no one will even look at ES if half of what they wrote in the manifesto is true.

Let me paint you a picture of the forum and reddit timeline:

edit: this turned rather longer than I expected, I should make into a new thread.

link
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
would stack well with Presence of Chayula
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info