In all seriousness, is 9k life as hard to get as 25k ES?

"
Perq wrote:
Well, then I have no idea why you are speaking whenever this change is good or not. You clearly have no clue how to handle the game.

Btw, I'm pretty sure there are dozen of people who'd take on Shaper with ~8k ES, deathless.

The change is obviously bad if its going to reduce survivability of already squishy low ES characters.

And if you think 8k ES is marginally better than 5-6k life plus all the other defenses, you're clearly just shitposting.

I'll take a 5k life shield blocker over a 10k ES witch for end game content any day. The ES doesnt survive anything.

Mind you theres no OP GR / VP on my build which is likely why.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on May 18, 2017, 5:46:33 AM
"
bhavv wrote:
"
Perq wrote:
Well, then I have no idea why you are speaking whenever this change is good or not. You clearly have no clue how to handle the game.

Btw, I'm pretty sure there are dozen of people who'd take on Shaper with ~8k ES, deathless.

The change is obviously bad if its going to reduce survivability of already squishy low ES characters.

And if you think 8k ES is marginally better than 5-6k life plus all the other defenses, you're clearly just shitposting.

6k life character is nowhere near comparable to 8k ES character. More like 12-14k ES. 8k ES is early end-game level of ES, which for life would be ~4kish.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on May 18, 2017, 5:46:38 AM
Cool, gonna run pure Str as a Ranger.

In all seriousness the added flat life on gear through the new mods is going to help Ranger and Shadow so much since they get fewer percentage points from nodes.
"
Perq wrote:
"
bhavv wrote:
"
Perq wrote:

6k life character is nowhere near comparable to 8k ES character. More like 12-14k ES. 8k ES is early end-game level of ES, which for life would be ~4kish.

Well you just told me that my 8K ES is better than my 5k life builds, and now you're saying it isnt.

Confusion or hypocrisy?

As Im actually playing them, I can guarantee that the life builds are vastly superior for the end game content Im comfortable with playing, which is maps up to T8, as Ive still not had any T9 or higher drop.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on May 18, 2017, 5:49:27 AM
"
VolcanoElixir wrote:
Cool, gonna run pure Str as a Ranger.

In all seriousness the added flat life on gear through the new mods is going to help Ranger and Shadow so much since they get fewer percentage points from nodes.

Rangers are meant to be the pure evasion class. Dont blame ES or Life / Str because evasion is shit, also nerfing ES / buffing life isnt exactly going to to anything for evasion now is it?

- PoE TOS.
"
bhavv wrote:
"
Kasapnica wrote:
Are we ignoring the fact that in order to get 9k life you will have like 100dps,or we're all supposed to play berserkers so we can have high damage and life? With old VP you need like 8k ES and pump everything in damage,and there is where the problem lies.

"But life got armor and evasion to protect it"
B.please...Useless mechanics that only work against useless trash,which in 2k17 die by the screen with only one button press.

Its so easy to spot people that have no clue. All you need is to read the title.

Sorry if i sound offensive but you seem to be pretty determined in showing how life is not so bad compared to ES,but keep ignoring everything else.

Not true at all. Strength = Phys damage. RT = 100% chance to hit. Iron Grip / Iron Will = convert str bonus to projectiles / spells.

My pure str / life / armour Juggernaut in the making is having no problems with DPS with barely and damage nodes.

This shield block + life leech / regen / evasion character is far more tankier / surviable / faster clear speed than my ES crit witch I posted in a similar thread:

And with only 4.5k life vs <9k ES, and still has bloodless + profane chemistry left to take for life, should reach 5K+ life soon.

Based on that, my marauder should easily reach 6-7k+ life.

Are we talking high tier maps or unshaped strands? That jug aint getting nowhere near zerker/ES build damage or clear like ever. You haven't played the hard content it seems. Jugg is good at surviving and lab but after the mjolner nerf,this ascendancy have nothing to do with good clear and guardians/ubers whatsoever. It can do them but it will be slow. Point stands,ES to Damage is EXTREME while life only has berserker that can do this and still less survivability compared to ES.
"
bhavv wrote:
Im sure I could manage that with just a belly on a juggernaught.

Well the problem is not reaching 9k life. The problem is reaching 9k life and still dealing any dps.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Based on my chars I'd say 13k ES vs 7k life. 25k ES is a wet dream.
"
bhavv wrote:

As Im actually playing them, I can guarantee that the life builds are vastly superior for the end game content Im comfortable with playing, which is maps up to T8, as Ive still not had any T9 or higher drop.

And that doesn't matter at all. What matters is strict end-game. T8 maps can be done with anything.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on May 18, 2017, 6:50:23 AM
"
tm10067 wrote:
Based on my chars I'd say 13k ES vs 7k life. 25k ES is a wet dream.

This is about the same for me, my ES chars tend to get 12-15k, and my life chars get 5.5-7k so its almost double but I can't say i've ever played a 20k + ES char (probably because i'm tight AF with currency)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info