In all seriousness, is 9k life as hard to get as 25k ES?

"
bhavv wrote:
"
Shazamarang wrote:

I'm not siding with either side regarding the changes. Though if you think hitting 9,000 life is as easy as putting on some good gear with average investment, you're wrong.

Same goes to people who think 20k+ ES is anything common.

But the question is 25k ES vs 9k life, as per the manifesto.

You're right in saying that 25K ES is not common, but 9K life is even less common. Part of this would be explained by the fact that less people invest in life relative to ES, hence why they're nerfing it so hard. Without spending almost all your passives on life nodes or strength nodes, and without a legacy Kaom's Heart, it is nearly impossible to exceed 10K life, let alone 9K. Though you see people with 20K ES with enough damage to clear top level content with ease. Sure, they might be the top 0.1% of players with hundreds of exalts invested, but they definitely exist. When was the last time you saw someone playing with a 5 digit health pool in a league? Probably never.
"

So, here it is again with a proper amulet at 30 chaos price:

rofl i like how the ES went up
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
bhavv wrote:
Im sure I could manage that with just a belly on a juggernaught.

I'm pretty sure you couldn't. You'd also need max life rolls on p.much everything and every life passive you can.

As has already been demonstrated in this thread by someone who was kind enough to show you the actual math of getting to 22k es, it can be done relatively easily without any op legacy gear. I think getting 9k life would cost more and be a bit harder (without legacy kaoms).

Here's a thought: Someone here was kind enough to take the time to show you how easily achievable 20k+ es is without any bullshit "I bet I could do (xyz) with belly)" stuff but with actual numbers instead. How about you reciprocate the favor by showing us how easily and cheaply you can get 9k hp?

Last edited by MonstaMunch on May 18, 2017, 2:49:43 AM
i've never ever seen an es build with more than 11-12k ES that can do uber atziri or shaper easily

exceptions are abyssus CI melee build going to 13k-14k ES with PERFECT gear only because abyssus were giving them a broken flat damage but there is the %increased phys dmg taken.

second exception is howa but it's going to be nerfed as said months ago so it's not a problem

with my 250es gloves boots, 400es circlet, 1k es chest, 20%es on rings and amulet, 1300evasion 450es shield i never had more than 11k ES, could have been 12k instead of 11k with a pure es shield, but with 1k+ex of gear

a build with 20k es and 50ex total worth of gear can probably clean a t16 map by the time a 6k life build cleans 3 of them

vaal pact nerf i understand it, 30-40% of instant leech would have been enough instead of 0%, and completely nerf legacy vinktar.

but the nerf to ES gear.. ES chars will probably have the same health pool of life builds but without armor or evasion, and getting stunned much more
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on May 18, 2017, 2:56:49 AM
Getting 25000 ES is so much easier than 9000 life please...
"
i've never ever seen an es build with more than 11-12k ES that can do uber atziri or shaper easily

exceptions are abyssus CI melee build going to 13k-14k ES with PERFECT gear only because abyssus were giving them a broken flat damage but there is the %increased phys dmg taken.

second exception is howa but it's going to be nerfed as said months ago so it's not a problem

with my 250es gloves boots, 400es circlet, 1k es chest, 20%es on rings and amulet, 1300evasion 450es shield i never had more than 11k ES, could have been 12k instead of 11k with a pure es shield, but with 1k+ex of gear

a build with 20k es and 50ex total worth of gear can probably clean a t16 map by the time a 6k life build cleans 3 of them

assuming you get all the gear with perfect es + int rolls, you wont even need es nodes on tree, other than connecting ones and really good ones with + max res etc
"
Aetherium wrote:
"

assuming you get all the gear with perfect es + int rolls, you wont even need es nodes on tree, other than connecting ones and really good ones with + max res etc

getting 50int on all the pieces it's like using legacy kaom, 1k hp kaom is only in standard, so you dont have to consider perfect es rolls and 50int on every piece the items everyone has and not balance on these
id say you should consider it, with perfect gear the rift between life and es becomes even bigger, at top end the difference in life and es values can get as high as 5 times.
I got over 10K Life on a Marauder...
But it was RF build, using Kaom's Hearth (500) and I only cared about Life Nodes, so my gear was pretty much all STR+Life on every piece. So yeah.... I was even using Doon Cuebiyari because it gives STR (70) which translates into life (35)...
Sad part, is that is almost impossible to get it higher without Legacy Kaom's, and I'm already sacrificing 6 Sockets (and what would be my only 6L) for life.
Last edited by Kaemonarch on May 18, 2017, 3:14:07 AM
"
Aetherium wrote:
id say you should consider it, with perfect gear the rift between life and es becomes even bigger, at top end the difference in life and es values can get as high as 5 times.

you should consider what items people use, not what the theory says

how much is a 950es 50int chest, gloves 300es 50int? boots 250es 50int?, 2 rings with 30%wed 300 accuracy 50int 20%es etc..?

this is mirror worthy gear, 99,9% of people will never have these,

balance should be made around an 850es chest, 220 es gloves boots and 420es helmet, all without intelligence on them, you won't have more than 10k es with these items if you actually want to deal some damage in t14+ maps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info