In all seriousness, is 9k life as hard to get as 25k ES?

Im sure I could manage that with just a belly on a juggernaught.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last bumped on Jun 11, 2017, 4:56:11 PM
pretty damn difficult for ordinary players
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
The highest i've managed to get is about 4.5k without the gimmiky stuff like belly or koams, but then again my gear isn't optomized (play mostly solo self found) (only have 5 items with life and all of them are meh for life rolls)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
The highest i've managed to get is about 4.5k without the gimmiky stuff like belly or koams, but then again my gear isn't optomized (play mostly solo self found) (only have 5 items with life and all of them are meh for life rolls)

Really? Ive got 4.5k on my average geared gladiator at lvl 85, and still have two life notables left.

I started on a pure life marauder but I got distracted by other games atm. Bellys are actually common and super cheap, Ive had two of them drop.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on May 18, 2017, 1:57:43 AM
how much w/o the amulet
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Yeah 9k life is obtainable if you don't want to do much else in your build but travel through pure str nodes and life nodes. If you feel like trying out any kind of build outside kaoms, then yeah your not hitting an easy 9k.

Most of my characters that I play in the Marauder Duelist Templar side of the tree have 1-3 uniques max. Every other piece with life and str rolls. With around 200% life, I usually can get around the 7k mark with decently rolled 70-80 life 40ish str on almost every slot. This is also only in the part of the tree that gives you 10 str in almost every travel node.

If your playing ranger side or witch side life builds, then forget it. Kaoms can get you up there but kaoms cant be the end all be all life fixer since its restricts builds since it has no sockets in it.
With a non-legacy Kaom's Heart and around 200% life on the tree, you generally end up with less than 8,000 life, depending on your level and other gear. My favorite build, my crit sweep slayer, uses gear with T1 or T2 life on pretty much every slot besides my helm which is occupied by an Abyssus. With that gear I would need to have roughly 230%+ life on the passive tree in order to break 9,000 life, which in most cases is unrealistic.

Another example, of one of the builds I have, would be my crit reave max-block build. I have a bit over 6,000 life on it right now with a Belly of the Beast and around 170% life on the passive tree, with pretty much the same type of gear as my slayer. T1 or T2 life on most slots, with the exception of some uniques I need. In order for that to break 9,000, I would guess something like 250% life before belly on the passive tree at the very least would be required, which is more than you can even get on the right side of the tree.

I'm not siding with either side regarding the changes. Though if you think hitting 9,000 life is as easy as putting on some good gear with average investment, you're wrong.
"

Notes I took:

Helmet: 1 ex
Chest: 2 ex
Amulet: 7 ex
Shield: 32 chaos
Gloves: 20 chaos
Boots: 10 chaos
Rings: 30 chaos each
Belt: 39 chaos

Total: 10 ex 131 chaos = ~11 ex Standard pricing

That's a really simple lvl 90 Guardian tree with a 800 ES 5L chest and a bunch of other mediocre gear.

So, yes, it's super fucking easy to stack ES.

Considering that I need to push Life with a very specific build, sitting at 9.9k Life at lvl 89 with gear that is more expensive than this, I'd say this is very conclusive.

I wouldnt say the cost of all that is easy, also koams heart is only 2 ex.

- PoE TOS.
"
Shazamarang wrote:

I'm not siding with either side regarding the changes. Though if you think hitting 9,000 life is as easy as putting on some good gear with average investment, you're wrong.

Same goes to people who think 20k+ ES is anything common.

But the question is 25k ES vs 9k life, as per the manifesto.

- PoE TOS.
"
e1337donkey wrote:
Yeah 9k life is obtainable if you don't want to do much else in your build but travel through pure str nodes and life nodes. If you feel like trying out any kind of build outside kaoms, then yeah your not hitting an easy 9k.

Most of my characters that I play in the Marauder Duelist Templar side of the tree have 1-3 uniques max. Every other piece with life and str rolls. With around 200% life, I usually can get around the 7k mark with decently rolled 70-80 life 40ish str on almost every slot. This is also only in the part of the tree that gives you 10 str in almost every travel node.

If your playing ranger side or witch side life builds, then forget it. Kaoms can get you up there but kaoms cant be the end all be all life fixer since its restricts builds since it has no sockets in it.

Str also increases damage though. All you need is RT, Iron Grip, and an Iron Will gem and youre good to go with a pure life build.

- PoE TOS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info