Changes to the Labyrinth

I love the lab, and was wondering what will you do about it, thx for all the changes, I still love it, but kinda don't know now when to do it. I usually do a lab once I had reached the next lab, now I'm just more lost than I'm when doing the lab.

Ignore the hate, they hate the lab because they are afraid of it.

I still haven't made it trought the uber-lab.

I would gladly accept one thing from you GGG change from LABering/LABoratory to maze, so instead of lab-runners we would get maze-runners.
Last edited by Sourgin on May 16, 2017, 12:07:31 PM
lab layout should be based on strand layout, problem solved:)
My issue with Lab is that a) the final Izaro fight can be very one-shotty, and b) the sawblade and spinny spike traps do too much damage.
"
NickK_GGG wrote:
We've decided to make changes to the Labyrinth.

Yes! Finally! What are they?

"
NickK_GGG wrote:
We've made basically no changes except normal Lab is shorter and you'll have to do slightly fewer trials.

. . . You have got to be joking.

Okay, fine. Lab is something I have to endure for the foreseeable future. But this?

"
NickK_GGG wrote:

• Normal-equivalent Labyrinth: Six trials.
  • Cruel-equivalent Labyrinth: Three trials, as well as completion of the previous Labyrinth.
  • Merciless-equivalent Labyrinth: Three trials, as well as completion of both previous Labyrinths.
  • Endgame Labyrinth: Six trials, as well as completion of all previous Labyrinths.

This is stupid.
Last edited by GrumpyMcElbows on May 16, 2017, 12:13:57 PM
Just remembering 4 lab runs every char makes me cry.
Worst addition to the game ever.
"
Over 36 pages, at 10-20 posts per page, only 71 posts make up ~10% at best. This is the problem. People feel the need to vastly exaggerate to make a blatantly fallacious point that can be easily ignored.

But it's been previously explained over and over why these people are wrong. Don't need to keep doing it. GGG understands. Every aspect of the game has a vocal minority who hate it, making them all optional/removing them leaves you with no game.

That's not literally every single negative lab post here, and also, no, it hasn't been explained that all of those people's opinions about lab are wrong. Because, you know, it's their opinions.

Good luck finding 10 posts in this entire thread saying "I love lab, please keep it how it is, it's so fun and rewarding and I love the enchant RNG! Actually if anything could you please add more trials, rooms, traps, and Izaro fights? Also remove the Twice Enchanted prophecy because that's cheating."

What you will find is people saying "Well, I kinda like lab I guess" or "I like the concept of the lab". In theory, it's cool, but if you have many characters and don't hate yourself, lab is the second most tedious chore in the entire game (the first of which is leveling masters). And it IS a chore, because it's required, takes time, and isn't fun.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
To those who think the normal, merciless, and cruel labs take ten minutes. Most SSF builds that go in at the level of the map will take at least 40 minutes a run. My issue with Path of Exile in General is bosses that can one shot players, especially for those who hate partying or trading. If I where to hazard a guess of how to fix labs it would be removing those stupid poison dart traps, those are extremely dangerous if they are in Izaro's room, especially if you get tagged avoiding a mace slam, then teleported on a hockey puck, then rooted by justice.
Sounds like no real changes for someone who's never actually beaten a labyrinth before? The boss has ended two of my HC runs, but the labyrinth itself just felt super tedious for me. The fight seemed challenging and fun but running the labyrinth to get there was just a terrifically un-fun way to RIP a character.

Essence league was the most fun I'd had in the game since beta, but the labs put me off of it again. Tried briefly coming back for Legacy but at this point I'm hoping the expansion brings me back in. I was hoping the "single playthrough" overhaul would include only needing to do a single labyrinth as well :\
Meh. Will still suck. But whatever...
I think the Labyrinth was a great addition to POE...

However, I really hate the crashing. Every time I go to complete a Labyrinth it feels like Russian Roulette if I'm going to crash or not. There needs to be a way for the client to be able to tell the difference between a crash and an intentional leave. Also giving someone 5-10 minutes to get back into the same Labyrinth after a crash would be cool. As of right now... running the Labyrinth is a complete headache for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info