Changes to the Labyrinth

Great changes! However,

Please GGG, add some protection against speedrun grinders of labyrinth! Currently there's situation in which 6-8 people controlling all the jewels all month long. Restrict the amouunt of jewels per account per month or maybe do it in some other way. Please!
Glacial Hammer now has 3-5% Chance to Poison on the character select screen.
"
outpixeled wrote:
Top runners complete a lab in 2-3 minutes and you want easier/shorter lab?

Git gud scrubs.

Not really, I can do it without problems, it's just annoying. I would just rather not run lab at all, like never. It's rather ignorant to refer to the best runner as something everyone should need to learn and get as "gud". If you look at the ladder the average runner needs about 30 min.
Last edited by Grimkhor on May 16, 2017, 1:33:32 PM
This sucks. It should be one time through for 6 points and Uber for the other two. Why does the labyrinth a thing that many people hate, get to escape from the "single play-through"?

It's interesting, many of the people defending this are internet tough guys telling people to "git gud" and calling them scrubs. I have to roll my eyes, but I also want to point out that; those are your defenders GGG, that's the side you are on.
Last edited by Azathoth on May 16, 2017, 1:52:11 PM
I wish you would run a poll to see how many of us actually LIKE the traps and current implementation of the labs. You can pull stats that say 100% of the players have run the labs but it is semi-required to finish builds. I personally detest the traps in the lab. I know they are someone's love child at GGG but they are not a fan favorite in any way shape or form. Yes, some people run them repeatedly for the enchants and loot. Yes some people make builds just to run labs and farm them or even speed farm them in minutes. That does not make them a popular playstyle choice for everyone. Do a poll and then decide if you want to force feed more of this totally different playstyle and design down our throats or provide your players with options to achieve the same ascendancy points via an alternative mechanic.

TLDR Labs are NOT fun for everyone.
Did anyone clarify whether or not Offerings are still necessary to access Uber Lab? Also, how can only 3 trials be required for cruel Lab, but 6 for normal? How does that even make sense?

I like most of the lab the way it is. I would ask for a slight buff to merc lab chests at the end though and cruel would be like merc as it is now.
I am all for the lab being shortened. Nice step in the right direction. I would like to see a system implemented that used checkpoints after each Izaro kill, that way you can restart if you rip say on the last set of traps before the final Izaro fight. That being said many people seem to be on the same page about attaining ascendancy points elsewhere. The lab would work perfectly fine as an end game map/enchanting/farming area. I don't think I've ever seen an issue in poe so many people agree upon more: mandatory lab runs suck.
"
eMbbuZomg wrote:
remove lab

edit:

"
Moribundus wrote:

or just learn to play.

I myself, never finished merciless lab, not yet the uber lab and still I am extremely happy with lab's existence, it is one of the best expansions added to the game since Hidouts.

None forces you to do it, same way as none forces you doing maps, or shaper, or w/e in the whole PoE game. None even forces you to play this game.

If unforgiving game to your low skill or fails is nothing for you, there are still tons of games requiring zero skill level to gain everything.

also 0 skill requirment

What a comment, so stronk.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
ZannixFTW wrote:
It's pretty simply if you don't like the lab don't do it, it's not a requirement to beat the games main plot it's entirely optional. This isn't a casual friendly game, if you don't like it go play LoL or overwatch.

As someone who loves the lab it's just dripping with potential to add all sorts of new puzzles, secrets, and oh so much more.

LOL ahahha :D you think this game isnt casual okay nice joke dude :D
you dont need any SKILL for this game(game is all about knowledge and experience).Even i dont like those games they are skill based and need teamwork this game doesnt thats all , STOP LYING YOURSELF :D

and dont tell me about uber atziri and shaper both are dps check thats all.This game isnt a Esport game but has much more balance updates than the ESPORT GAMES may be this forced to think you like that :D

and you need lab.
The lab, like Atziri and Shaper, has a place in the game. A good place. It is a vector for earning some of the best loot (well, Uber lab is good for this), as well as adding some interesting enchantment options.

However, Ascendency should not be tied to the lab.

Too many builds simply can't deal with Izaro. Do you rely on a Vaal skill (e.g. Vaal Grace) as a layer of defense? Does not work for Izaro, sorry. Are you life-based? Izaro's ridiculously counter-intuitive invisible hit-boxes of doom have a one-shot for you.

Additionally, insanely dim lighting, multi-screen trap gauntlets, and trap combinations that cannot be navigated hit-less are absolutely terrible from a platforming perspective. There are spike + saw blade layouts that you cannot time because you are racing through the part you could see with no chance to analyze the portion that is off screen until you are standing on it. There are roomba + spike dart layouts that actually offer no window of safety while traversing due to their timing.

All of this can exist and be a good thing, pushing players to make dedicated lab-runners if they want to run lab. We already have this with Atziri and Shaper and the highest tiers of league challenges. Some (optional) content should only be possible for a build dedicated to that content.

But, I CANNOT use my dedicated lab build to run the Ascendency for one of my other characters.

That, right there, is the fatal flaw of lab. It is content that is required for builds that cannot be built around running that content. No one is required to run Atziri to progress past level 80. No one has to kill Merciless Malachai before running maps. No other aspect of character progression is gated behind a task that (massively) favors specific builds over others.

Leave lab in the game. Leave the option to run it at differing challenge levels, with the cool enchants gated behind those levels. Leave the loot in Uber lab as is, and buff the loot a bit in the lower challenge levels. Add some slight deterministic weighting to the enchant system for helms (the current system is the Keno of RNG crafting -- just a black hole to throw one's time into).

Lab farmers will emerge as a play style, just like Atziri farmers and Shaper farmers. And the rest of the builds in the game can progress from Twilight Strand to maps without having to engage in content for which they are severely sub-optimal.
I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly...
Last edited by Tyrex15 on May 16, 2017, 2:19:56 PM
"
theLt wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
You can STILL DIE to the traps

Just get 4x life flasks and you wont ever die to the traps.

In case you hadn't noticed, the last year or so has been the CI-meta period. And I'd rather not play around with respec points multiple times during the Lab to remove and re-allocate CI.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info