Changes to the Labyrinth

Yes, enchants would need to be obtained. But then it would be obtained by spamming lab and after a week or two in the league enchants would be pretty cheap and having a lab runner for instance wouldn't be worth as much.
Pointless for me I should say. It wouldn't be entirely pointless, but I for one would not make any more lab runners if the market where more easily saturated of enchants. It would be sad that one of the good ways to farm currency would become a lot worse.
I don't see the point either, as people would still need to buy the enchants if they don't run themselves, only thing is it would become easy to get it on the right base and to save enchants.

Also I should add that even though I wouldn't make lab runners, people in the beginning of leagues could probably earn insane amounts by spamming uber lab early and putting out a lot of enchants. But I think the value of enchants would be lowered quite quickly then so it wouldn't be very profitable in the long run.

Very few people have a problem with helm enchants being expensive from what I've seen. It's not really needed until min maxing and by then you should be able to afford/farm 5-10 ex. Want an even more specific base? Well you made your build knowing you would have weird specific demands on the gear so now you reap what you sow.

EDIT: For me, having an uber lab farmer is nice because it's something different to do. It would be a shame if having one would stop being profitable after a short while. It already is a bit more rewarding early on with quality gems and such.
Last edited by fesru on May 16, 2017, 10:25:18 AM
Niceeee, waiting for vaal pact/ghost reaver info!
Man I love lab threads these tears are so great.

As someone who loves the lab it's hilarious reading these entitled babies who want a huge power boost without having to earn it. If I could I would level in uber lab the whole way to 100 (need offerings)

The lab even the uber lab isn't hard or tedious at all, you can do 3-4 key runs easy on just about any build if you just git gud. Also traps are a joke even in uber lab, with enough movement speed you can just run right through them with no thought process involved and if anything the trap layouts should be harder.

Another note for the lab is it should be more randomly generated which could lead to a lot more interesting encounters throughout it. Things like a secret passage to a massive treasure room would be cool that is insanely rare.

The only real issue I have isn't the lab itself it's having to do the trials to get into the lab. I just wanna run the lab and not have to do these tutorial trials.

Also those concerned with the scion ascendancy she needs a complete overhaul. There really is no reason to play a scion outside of 1-2 builds which can still be done better by other classes. Maybe if she could access 3 different major nodes with 8 modes it would be ok, however she really just needs a overhaul.

I forgot about enchants, my main issue with them is simple some skills just have really shitty enchants while others get amazing enchants. Hopefully some of the skills with shitty/boring enchants get some more fun ones. Getting a enchant for your build is rather rare so I just end up buying one on poe trade from all the currency you get while farming it.
Last edited by ZannixFTW on May 16, 2017, 10:33:30 AM
lab as a challenge is ok and the outlined plan to integrate it into 3.0 is as i expected it.

some points for improvements:
- make it more rewarding, f.e. by putting cadiro in there randomly
- lab challenges (trap types) could adapt to builds which entered them
- the lab could encourage party play to make it easier
- mastering a lab of a certain difficulty could grant all poiants of the lower diff labs
- there shouldn't be any monsterless backtracking like with golden doors
- being able to trade while doing the lab is a must have
- it should have at least have 2 checkpoints where you can stop and restart later if don't die, i got a busy life wit alot of interruptions while playing. having 20 minutes++ of spare time to do do longer missions is quite rars

apart from that, i never had greater difficulties with the first 3 labs, it's not that i overly like running them except for the art work but especially with life based casters it's a pita.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
So will Uber lab still require offerings found in uber trials to open? The way it's explained, it seems like you access the area and choose which one you want to run with no cost. Although I guess if the UI is like master crafting benches the cost in offerings could still be there.

Also how about adding an option to run uber trials by using an offering, like with vaal side areas. This way if you have bad luck finding the 6 trials you could chain run some to get the one you're missing (like burning rage that I got on my 2nd character at level 88 since no luck on first one up to 84).
sounds good to me, positive changes.
So basically the only changes are 1/3 less trials for the first three labs and a bit less time wasted on normal lab? Not really impressed and lab will still stay the same tedious chore that you will have to complete on every single character. The problem for me is that lab gameplay just gets super boring after doing it a few times and there are no rewards or w/e in there except for ascendency points - enchants and chests are really only worth it on merc/uber.
"
eMbbuZomg wrote:
remove lab

or just learn to play.

I myself, never finished merciless lab, not yet the uber lab and still I am extremely happy with lab's existence, it is one of the best expansions added to the game since Hidouts.

None forces you to do it, same way as none forces you doing maps, or shaper, or w/e in the whole PoE game. None even forces you to play this game.

If unforgiving game to your low skill or fails is nothing for you, there are still tons of games requiring zero skill level to gain everything.
Playing for joy ♥

If interested, check out my Hideout(s): /view-thread/2226019
I first came here hoping that they were removing lab. When i saw that they were not, i descided to post something hatefull about it, but when i read the other commends, i saw that it was already done. Just look at this crazy wall of lab hate. 71 very negative, or even hatefull posts about lab, in 36 pages. Wake up GGG, normally the hate makes up <5% of the forum, but when its about lab, it exeeds 50% easilly. LAB IS BAD, GET IT ALREADY!!!

Wall of lab hate

"
eMbbuZomg wrote:
remove lab

"
mlangwor wrote:
OH GOD I HATE THE FUCKING LAB DON'T MAKE ME RUN THIS SHIT EVER AGAIN GOD DAMN

"
Batmanf0re wrote:
Damn, I hate lab. It's the most annoying part of the game by a huge margin. The part that bugs me isn't Izaro or the bit about having to start over if you die even though the lab is long. The part that isn't fun and frustrates me are those traps that screw you over. Moving around traps like that is cool for Crash Bandicoot but just isn't meant for a top-down game where you click to move. That's just my take although I've heard many others say that the traps are the factor that makes it not fun.

"
solidghost wrote:
I hate lab too. Every new league I dread doing the trials and lab. If only they remove those traps and one portal design.

"
60x7 wrote:
If you could make the labyrinth suck less that would be great mmmk thanks.

"
zaden245 wrote:
Very disappointed in this.
The lab is neither fun or challenging, just tedious. Lets hope they shorten the lab in normal/cruel/merc enough so we can get it done quickly.

"
Bananaplasm wrote:
Still aids. Especially "normal" and "cruel" difficulty. Pointless.

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
TLDR:
Bad news
They are not removing the labyrinth...

"
maxor wrote:
I got all excited when I read changes to lab lol. Maybe you should call the thread "NO changes to the lab".

"
Xanin wrote:
The lab is still a piece of s***

"
genjixii wrote:
Oh pls why do we have to do lab für the skillpoints :(
Lab should be for treasurehunting ..
I hate lab soooo much ..

"
yazzlecat wrote:
I hate the lab. With a passion. I'm saddened by this news.
Screw the lab. Make it an endgame boss so I never ever have
to run it again. Then move the ascendancy points behind something else.

A lot of people hate the lab and running it every league really ruins the
gameplay for me. That's how much I hate it.

"
Remove lab for the love of god.. its tedious, boring, and frustrating.

"
TheAshmaker wrote:
Fuck lab is still in the game.

"
KojiBear wrote:
No alternate way of getting ascendancy points = fail.

"
CreviiiS wrote:
Remove lab for the love of god.. its tedious, boring, and frustrating (2)

"
JNF wrote:
Whoever developed the lab should be forced to run it over...and over...and over...and...

"
Bowman8763 wrote:
The Lab is total garbage, no matter how you try to dress it up. You put lipstick on a pig, and it's still a pig in the end.

"
gravitystone wrote:
Please allow for another way to get ascendancy points. Lab is tedious and keeping a lot of fun builds from ever becoming viable by blocking their access to necessary ascendancy points.

"
solidghost wrote:
For me it is those traps, bad confusing layout and the one portal limit that makes hate the lab so much.

"
boredsilly wrote:
you should of just removed it, it's nothing more then a cancer to the game and is what made me quit coming back to the new expansions.

"
Punksob wrote:
Labs suck, if they're here to stay can you at least shorten them down some!

"
Badfox14 wrote:
Trials suck - traps suck - I hate them - get rid of them.

"
mrpetrov wrote:
Wish lab would crawl into a hole and die.

"
Durentis wrote:
To elaborate on my feelings regarding the lab in PoE,
[Removed for Support].

"
steven0006 wrote:
REMOVE IT PERIOD ITS TRASH SAME AS THE DEV THAT DESIGNED IT!

"
Darkmixxer wrote:
That most definitely won't change the fact that i hate it from the bottom of my heart to go in there...

"
Still gonna be garbage. Thanks for nothing.
On the bright side, my wallet remains full and locked shut. :)

"
Kazukami wrote:
I hope they really make it less of a pain in the ass to do.

"
Archangel223 wrote:
I hate lab, even though I've made a few characters that have managed to run all 4 labs and I even have a character that could farm it I think it's a terrible idea for a variety of reasons.

"
ilizan wrote:
I don't have fun playing labyrinth at all. I do it because I'm obligated to have the points. So many trials and suffering for what? Guess I should play Scion so I don't even bother getting those points.

"
jasonbgnh wrote:
Labyrinth is the worst. Please don't make us do it. Please let us play the game normally, why do you hate us so much when we give you money? I feel like this is becoming the point of contention in an abusive relationship.

"
Golden_Order wrote:
I was excited when I read "Changes to the Labyrinth". But ended up dissapointed after reading that nothing was actually changed.
As a Hardcorer with a bad connection, I will always hate the lab.

"
Kellog wrote:
I can't say this surprises me but It's extremely disappointing. You had a great opportunity here to significantly improve this labyrinth nonsense and yet this is the best you can come up with.

"
Chameleon wrote:
Still mandatory, still sucks, still wont set foot in it.
I hate that I am still forced to do it.
Please please please make it optional content and make Ascendancy points separate to the Lab.

"
the lab is the most annoying part in the game, and you keep 4 versions of that...

"
thetdev wrote:
A very sad day for me - This is honestly one of the most pathetic things I have seen persisted.

"
phenny wrote:
This is heart breaking as a hardcore player :'(

"
B3RTY wrote:
lab is the most detested part of poe

"
Regulator wrote:
Wow, just WOW. Im amazed by how thick and stubborn you are there at GGG hq. You see the fuckload of critical, negative even hateful comments regarding lab still you choose your own out-of-touch-with-reality "solution".

"
SaiyanZ wrote:
I'll just stick to Standard so that I don't have to do lab again anytime soon.

"
I suppose by now all of the unimportant and unwanted "vocal minority" have spoken?

"
Blyster wrote:
Everyone Hates the Labyrinth, and you guys will make it even Larger? -_-

"
crazyjake wrote:
Labyrinth isn' t funny just remove it :(

"
Miazga wrote:
fuck me, GGG.
You guys are more deaf, dumb and blind then a half dead hobo.
How hard is to compensate after all that time, countless posts and many many angry comments later that WE DO NOT WANT LABIRYNTH, geez... and you make it even more shitier now

"
elbowfrag wrote:
I hate the Lab H A T E I T.

"
obadonke wrote:
I really dislike the labyrinth too. I only run it enough for my characters to not completely suck.

"
taint8 wrote:
I hate the Labyrinth, i think setting up a poll on this to decide weather to keep the lab or to remove it totally. Doing the lab is just tedious and not fun at all.

"
taint8 wrote:
I hate the Labyrinth, i think setting up a poll on this to decide weather to keep the lab or to remove it totally. Doing the lab is just tedious and not fun at all.

"
Hate the lab.
3.0 still hate the lab.
Well done on listening to your player base.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
You should have ditched that garbage now you have the chance.

"
Yamifira wrote:
but is lab still a laggy cancer?

"
cherrysbullet wrote:
i did HC uber lab in prophecy league with huge frustrate. i never get so much rage on playing a game.

"
Just remove ascendancy points from the lab..

"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Keep not giving them any damn money like I did once I realized what the lab truly is.

"
patirce wrote:
So, lab haters are a "minority" huh ?
Pretty hilarious how the overwhelming majority of posts in this thread are negative and asking to remove it, then.
These changes are lame, and the labyrinth is still shit.
Very sad news.

"
Roji wrote:
Lab is awful, please remove it.

"
Helgurnaut wrote:
Glad to see i'm far from being the only one to dislike the lab, its probably the only thing I dislike (a lot) in PoE and saddly its a must do.

"
guardianigor wrote:
Remove lab from game. And fire entire team who made it.

"
ADFuel wrote:
Yeah I, like most here, absolutely detest the lab. It's not fun. It's repetitive. It's frustrating to navigate.

"
Rorrak88 wrote:
I've only been playing a short while (end of breach league) and at the beginning I absolutely hated the LAB. I felt that it was a platform game rather than an ARPG and I nearly quit over it.

"
cursedvit wrote:
Remove lab or make it a separateit from the ascendancy system.

"
Neikius wrote:
The traps are just ... not fun. Especially in hardcore. The only allure is the ascendancy, but this just makes it an annoying distraction. Time would be much better spent replacing this with something else.

"
old_joe wrote:
i hate Lab

"
Czm wrote:
I hate, hate, hate lab..

"
greenyadzer wrote:
So the lab stupidity wont change much.

"
Rippster wrote:
I'm disappoint, not a fan of the Lab.

"
but will you make it fun

"
paulopc wrote:
I hate the lab. Remove it !

"
Nochalo wrote:
Labyrinth, as it is now, is BAD

"
SGOR wrote:
pls just remove everything but boss fight, lab is sooooooo boring, waiting for traps makes me sleep and waiting is something that should never happen in an arpg....everything else is great! (lab is not)

90% of your customers hate the lab, deal with it GGG. I dont hate it and i think removing it from game is unnecessary, but i think it should really make a few change, its current state are NOT good at all, My suggestion on lab :

1) Make it less trap

2) Make enchantment choosable

3) Make offering of goddess purchasable after completing all trials in maps

4) REDUCE uber Izaro STUPID DAMAGE, it is ridiculous. (whats the point of fighting a boss when he can kill you 1 hit even you have 4000+ life and 45% reduced damage plus fortitude plus 3 endurance charges ?)

5) Make a check point before each Izaro fight, or, no penalty for death in lab.

6) Get rid of some Izaro mechanics, most of them are pointless

7) Listen to our suggestions, I saw many good suggestion above, pay some attention to them will you ?

THX
Last edited by Adfox73 on May 16, 2017, 11:25:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info