Changes to the Labyrinth

To be perfectly Honest, I waited months before really playing League this time around for multiple reasons. I actually enjoyed playing the game in Standard, I didn't have to level Masters, and I didn't have to run any Labs so for about the first month or so I focused on just playing around in Standard. As soon as I went to League I immediately realized how much I hate running lab, especially with no currency and shit tier gear. It's terrible lol.

If it's going to remain the same at least get rid of the SHIT RNG, I'd rather the enhancements be turned to stone. That way you could trade/buy what you need.
Who cares about early labs? they are already short due to out-lvling them...

This is extremely disappointing. I didn't expect a huge nerf to the lab but I expected *something* and this is nothing. Why is the lab untouchable? what is so special about it that they are willing to ignore all the valid complaints and do nothing to improve player experience with it?
The Lab is a reason not to play.
If I wish to play a decent high level char I have to do it for the benefits. Or I can just play around a while with low level maps as long as I can handle them without the bonus of the hated Lab. Or I can just quit.
Though I would like the former I might stick to the latter.
Lab was worse, but still bad.

Tier 1,2,3 lab enchants are almost worthless, don't even know way they're in the game. Lab is just there to slow down progress, but not in a clever way.

As long as lab keep the "forced hardcore" mechanic I'll hate it. Feels like a lazy punishing bad desing; you're forced to go slow and if you die, you'll have TO DO IT AGAIN.

And things get even worse on the last lab, specially when your main skill is a movement skill, GGG really did got into my nerves with that area traps.
It's pretty simply if you don't like the lab don't do it, it's not a requirement to beat the games main plot it's entirely optional. This isn't a casual friendly game, if you don't like it go play LoL or overwatch.

As someone who loves the lab it's just dripping with potential to add all sorts of new puzzles, secrets, and oh so much more.
Actually I just thought of a way to fix the lab. Put traps in maps. See if the players like dying in 2-3 seconds at any point in end-game content. but seriously the way traps calculate damage punish health and energy shield builds because of how the damage scaling works with life pots and %based regen. it is kind of absurd that a level 70 character can die in normal lab, by that point nothing in normal should be threatening.
I LOVE, I mean I absolutely LOVE, that the labyrinth is difficult. Please DO NOT NERF the labyrinth or the requirements to get in. THIS IS A MISTAKE. If anything, you guys should not make it SO DAMN EASY to speed potion and heal potion RIGHT THROUGH ALL THE TRIALS ON NORMAL AND CRUEL MODE... it is currently WAY to easy. The labyrinths are good difficulty level and require SKILL, and DETERMINATION, and a LEARNING CURVE, like a LABYRINTH SHOULD!
Top runners complete a lab in 2-3 minutes and you want easier/shorter lab?

Git gud scrubs.
"

Some of your points I didn't give much thought previously but I do agree with you, I personally wouldn't mind the enchants being sealed through an expensive way to keep value in farming lab and not screw over lab farmers but it's such a minor thing. My main concern isn't the enchants, but the boring mandatory trials to enter lab.

I agree that trials might be the worst thing about lab. Without trials it would not be nearly as tedious.

An expensive way to seal enchants, maybe making the sealed enchants account bound... that could be good for players that doesn't like trade much.

I'm kinda used to having to run lab on every character, but I would like to not have to for the ascendancy points though because some builds are not fun to run in lab. I can live with it but would rather not.
"
fesru wrote:
Lab is what ARPG's is all about.

I think I've played different aRPGs than you (e.g. "Diablo 2")...
"
yungwhiz wrote:
Please just add an opt out where you fight Izario, get your points, dont get any treasure chests or enchants.

So obvious solution..
Everybody (including lab farmers) is happy... You like the Lab? Run it and farm good loot/enchants. You hate it? Only fight Izaro for AP, and call it a night...
"
Demonasius wrote:
Why not add a checkpoint system at each Aspirant's Trail rooms. Each time you die in between one, you just spawn back at the previous Aspirant's Trail room.

or this...
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info