How challenges are going for you? Btw don't forget to bully I_NO (and her 12 challenges). :3

"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
gimme that app!

Whenever I get around to finishing the app (does multiple things for me as a PoE player), I'll certainly release it to the community.

"
SunL4D2 wrote:
You can buy from trade 820 / snipe from global 820 with Global 820 Master a lot of challenges.

Yeah, I could easily just do 820 and get challenges, but that defeats the "challenge" for me. I'd do 820 as a last resort if I ever felt I'd fallen behind where I want to be. Mostly I'd get help from my guild or just friendly people on the forums (as I did in Prophecy, kudos to databeaver for most of that help). Taking it a bit further: I could take a vacation from work, spend r/l money just to get exalts for Chinese farmers, along with the best gear for the best clear speed and farm 40 challenges in a month, but again, not me, and it wouldn't be fun. ;-)

"
Burgingham wrote:
I don't really get this whole challenge thing at all tbh. I usually eventually grab as many as I think give me something nice (Portal this time is ugly so meh, stopped at 24), but really I could also go all league without finishing a single challenge.

It's just a way way to put my new builds through a test within a time limit. I enjoy seeing how many challenges I can get since I don't have nearly as much gaming time as other players might have. I don't play for the bigger MTX rewards (couldn't care less about them), though the totems are fun since it's a much more frequent reward to get each section.

Make sure to actually release it man :( Most projects get abandoned half-way through. Don't try to make it perfect either. Just release working app for us. :)

Challenges in PoE are either casual things you do without even noticing (kill Cruel bosses, wtf?), plain grind or RNGfest anyways. They are only for this juicy rewards basically. And for totems if you want to show off it in your hideout.

I would like more if more challenges would require doing something hard, but achievable with single attempt if you have enough skill / done preparation. Like I don' know maybe feed soul eather 300 souls or something and kill it? This sort of stuff.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Make sure to actually release it man :( Most projects get abandoned half-way through. Don't try to make it perfect either. Just release working app for us. :)

Yeah, that's the hardest part, lol. I will do my best to eventually release it.

"
SunL4D2 wrote:
I would like more if more challenges would require doing something hard, but achievable with single attempt if you have enough skill / done preparation. Like I don' know maybe feed soul eather 300 souls or something and kill it? This sort of stuff.

Well, considering the level of burst damage in game, there's not much "skill" involved in the actual gameplay, but more in planning and preparation for our builds and how we use our time. That's the real test of "skill". The rest of the challenges are there to make even casuals feel like they accomplished something. And I'm thankful for that, lol.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Apr 25, 2017, 4:39:23 PM
How much time approximately it will take to get End-game grind done?
Up until this league I rarely had the time to seriously grind challenges. For Legacy I had time to spare and I really liked the portal effect, so I aimed for 36 challenges for the first time and went overboard at the end. I'll share my experience.

It went fine and rather quickly until 30/40, at which point I stalled a while trying to complete the remaining chance based challenges. I ended up getting some through global 820 and the rest through chaining a lot of leaguestones to reach 36 challenges in April 4th.

At that point I was thinking about leaving it at 36 but having done the Shaper and Uber Atziri many times before, I decided I may as well get 37 for the next trophy piece. I did both fights for 38 the next day and that made me want to get a full completion while I was already so close to 40/40. Turns out I wasn't close. Since the first week of April I have been chipping away at the 1000 maps and the grinds.

For the endgame grinds, I disregarded the Pale Council straight away. This is not a realistic one to go for. The kills you get during the prophecy chains don't count, so you really have to do the fight 100 times. Rotations for this don't exist for two reasons: the key fragments are not easily farmable and the second nerfing of RotC ruined the expected returns from the Pale Council fight.

Out of the remaining ones, I originally considered Atziri, Breachlords, Rigwald and Izaro. The first 3 due to widely available rotations and Izaro due to being a Slayer (so lab farming was quick and safe). I did some lab farming on good days, but quickly realized that it was very inefficient and soul crushingly tedious on bad days. I didn't want to wait for good layouts and gave up on Izaro around halfway. Lab runs funded my Atziri rotations with fragment drops. Breachlords were cheap because nobody cared about Tul. Giving up on Izaro meant I had to do Guardians. Turns out sustaining T14+ isn't hard at all when you have a full atlas. I had to buy only 5 T16 maps to get the ball rolling and it got me to the end.

My last grind completion was Rigwald as I didn't want to waste too much money on directly buying T3 talismans for unreasonable prices. I spent a week watching the market for "talisman leaguestones of terror" (5 tier 3's) and "ample/plentiful/abundant talisman leaguestones of the first ones" (10 to 20 tier 2's). Especially the ones lower than ilvl 68 popped up for cheap very often. Once I had enough leaguestones, I took some time to assemble the lot and ran some rotations to get the job done.

For the 1000 maps, I used good layout maps that would allow me to quickly or smoothly reach the boss. So I was not necessarily just looking for linear maps like Canyon, but also "predictable" but otherwise bad maps like Vaal City, where the boss was in an easily reached location. For leaguestones I used the trash ones like Torment, Prophecy and Rampage. It's not that bad if you prepared a huge hoard of maps and leaguestones for the grind. A moderately well geared character can rush T6-T7 maps safely and quickly. It was bad for me because I hadn't picked up bad leaguestones or yellow maps in preparation. This is the challenge that I completed last because I was essentially trying to sustain suitable maps and leaguestones on the go.

In conclusion, I highly doubt I'm doing that again. Maybe 36 depending on the MTX reward but definitely not 40. Not really challenging, but rather time and resource consuming. Unreasonably chance based to do alone, pretty much requiring you to buy, share and participate in rotations.
Last edited by Wombo on Apr 27, 2017, 8:31:13 PM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
How much time approximately it will take to get End-game grind done?

Took me like a week idk

Probably less

I may have autism though who knows

Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I think im done at 38. Still better then t-rex :P

Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
40 challenges boys.

"
Wombo wrote:

My last grind completion was Rigwald as I didn't want to waste too much money on directly buying T3 talismans for unreasonable prices. I spent a week watching the market for "talisman leaguestones of terror" (5 tier 3's) and "ample/plentiful/abundant talisman leaguestones of the first ones" (10 to 20 tier 2's). Especially the ones lower than ilvl 68 popped up for cheap very often. Once I had enough leaguestones, I took some time to assemble the lot and ran some rotations to get the job done.

Of Terror ones are 40c+ each now :(

How exactly you chain Atziri? She gets massive AOE buff if there is extra people in party. Each person gets his own Atziri to cull range or something?
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Apr 28, 2017, 3:13:04 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
40 challenges boys.

How exactly you chain Atziri? She gets massive AOE buff if there is extra people in party. Each person gets his own Atziri to cull range or something?

You can do it both ways depending on how confident the party is. Atziri gets additional flameblasts for each player but always leaves safe spots around the edges. She also rarely has a chance to cast that super flameblast if the group has high DPS. I prefer the way you mentioned though, where each person brings her down to the last phase alone.
Ohhh I get to bully I_NO!! :-D
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info