Thin line between Clever use of game Mechanis and Exploit. Monstrous Treasure shenanigans.

Lol @ the guy comparing vendor recipes to instance creation exploits. Dafuq is wrong with you?
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
Lol @ the guy comparing vendor recipes to instance creation exploits. Dafuq is wrong with you?

And apparently he is not the only one...The claims people make and pass it as "thin line" is unbelievable.

The only reason I could explain such behavior is if they do those things themselves and now hiding between words.Like that analogy of pressing enter button and a CLEAR instance exploit is a "thin line".

This is beyond stupid.
Bye bye desync!
"
elwindakos wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

And apparently he is not the only one...The claims people make and pass it as "thin line" is unbelievable.

The only reason I could explain such behavior is if they do those things themselves and now hiding between words.Like that analogy of pressing enter button and a CLEAR instance exploit is a "thin line".

This is beyond stupid.

There's actually a name for what they are doing, though I can't remember it for the life of me. It's a psychological phenomenon that was first documented among lawyers, and it's basically a process whereby if it's in your best interests to argue a certain point from a certain perspective, you can end up believing all sorts of nonsensical shit to support that point.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
elwindakos wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

This is beyond stupid.

There's actually a name for what they are doing, though I can't remember it for the life of me. It's a psychological phenomenon that was first documented among lawyers, and it's basically a process whereby if it's in your best interests to argue a certain point from a certain perspective, you can end up believing all sorts of nonsensical shit to support that point.

cognitive dissonance ?
"
elwindakos wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

This is beyond stupid.

I never made an analogy of pressing the enter button with anything else.

I was responding to posts saying that GGG can do whatthefucktheylike whenthefucktheylike, when it comes to banning for anythingthefucktheylike.

Personally I hate cheating in any form and have never and will never do it.

What I hate more than cheating is people trying to wield power of any form like a weapon.

GGG have already shown themselves to be completely untrustworthy many times and if it is indeed true that at a whim, they can introduce a rule or just outright ban people for no reason because of the tos then... well you know the rest.

"
almostdead wrote:
"
Khaotyk wrote:
Should we ban all the GCP recipe users back when they were selling 20/20 gems for exalts and no one knew about them yet?

wow...just wow...

Holy smokes quoting out of context batman!

My statement was in response to the previous poster who claimed anything that benefited the few and something people who play the game normally would never find is an exploit.

Obviously the GCP recipe is not an exploit, but the point of this thread is to evaluate GGG's inconsistent action when it comes to banning players.

"
plodd wrote:

I was responding to posts saying that GGG can do whatthefucktheylike whenthefucktheylike, when it comes to banning for anythingthefucktheylike.

What I hate more than cheating is people trying to wield power of any form like a weapon.

GGG have already shown themselves to be completely untrustworthy many times and if it is indeed true that at a whim, they can introduce a rule or just outright ban people for no reason because of the tos then... well you know the rest.

I think plodd here has the right idea. Do I think the people who abused the leaguestone exploit should be banned? Absolutely. But then GGG needs to be consistent in banning for all exploits, if they don't then you get the "GGG can do whatthefucktheylike whenthefucktheylike, when it comes to banning for anythingthefucktheylike."

Tell me why leaguestoners get banned and everyone who used LA and FW don't?
IGN: Suifido
TESTHER
Last edited by Khaotyk on Apr 21, 2017, 11:11:45 AM
"
Khaotyk wrote:
"
almostdead wrote:
"
Khaotyk wrote:
Should we ban all the GCP recipe users back when they were selling 20/20 gems for exalts and no one knew about them yet?

wow...just wow...

My statement was in response to the previous poster who claimed anything that benefited the few and something people who play the game normally would never find is an exploit.

Obviously the GCP recipe is not an exploit, but the point of this thread is to evaluate GGG's inconsistent action when it comes to banning players.

"
plodd wrote:

I think plodd here has the right idea. Do I think the people who abused the leaguestone exploit should be banned? Absolutely. But then GGG needs to be consistent in banning for all exploits, if they don't then you get the "GGG can do whatthefucktheylike whenthefucktheylike, when it comes to banning for anythingthefucktheylike."

Tell me why leaguestoners get banned and everyone who used LA and FW don't?

Can you please stop with this "some people didn't get banned for doing one bad thing so why am i getting banned for doing this other bad thing" you are still choosing to use something that's clearly not suppose to work like that and then when ggg decides to punish it you try every possible way to make it sound like you are some sort of victim when in fact you are the bad person that chose to do that bad thing.

And another thing the fact that op only replies to posts that benefit his point of view shows how biased he is and how hard he is trying to push his agenda.

ggg wont ban you for whatever they feel like so stop with the panic mode or rather i create panic in order to antagonize ggg to push my point mode.
"
Khaotyk wrote:
"
almostdead wrote:
"
Khaotyk wrote:

wow...just wow...

should've quoted then.
There are no doubt tons of other exploits kept secret by individuals who have found them, and aren't saying anything. The only way to really know if something is being exploited is for somebody to say something. People who exploit stuff are encouraged to keep their mouths shut about it.

Suppose this, if someone uses pattern recognition to determine if something has spawned or not when they first enter a map/area, is that an exploit? Is nobody is allowed to use pattern recognition to assist their farming efforts? Because despite the random nature of the game, there are patterns which exist that some people can recognize. It's up to the development team to figure this out, players have zero obligation to share their methods.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 21, 2017, 2:21:19 PM
I think this thread derailed quite a bit, because it is now about "how does GGG determine what is an exploit or not, i dont feel safe anymore, someone please hold me."

I think it is quite simple really.

Do you need to /rapidly switch instances/watch the fps drop-lag whatever/crash the server/ to do your "clever use of game mechanics" to /avoid something you otherwise couldnt/determine something you otherwise couldnt/dupe items?

That is an exploit, and it is most likely getting your ass banned.

And moreover, neither of the ways to do it, is actually using a game mechanic.

A clever use of game mechanics is using fortify on a movement skill.

A clever use of a game mechanic is to roll "cant roll attack modifiers" on a weapon to get an assured +1 to gems prefix.

A clever use of a game mechanic was lightning arrow and frostwall. GGG deemed said interaction as too strong for game balance reasons not because it was an exploit. No-one was banned for it, like noone will get banned for using double dipping.

A clever use of a game mechanic was using a quadrillion self-flagelations and double dip the shit out of stuff with soul mantles. The bug here was the lack of a limit on self flagelation, but that is something that a player cannot be aware of, hence impossible to punish.

I mean, this isnt rocket science really. A game mechanic, is a mechanic in the game, skill interactions, damage multipliers, procs etc. Not a game mechanic is instance crashing, network lag, database manipulation etc.

So, as long as you have a sliver of inteligence, actually determining what is, or isnt an exploit is not hard whatsoever. If you cant do that, chances are you are already dead, because you tried to stick a fork in a electricity outlet, or randomly forgot to breathe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info