Thin line between Clever use of game Mechanis and Exploit. Monstrous Treasure shenanigans.

"
crystalwitch wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Exactly, it's not how leaguestones are supposed to work in a sense that they are intented to lose charges. And finding the way around that using game mechanics as they supposed to work - leaguestones keeping charges with map opening / ability to pull leaguestone out of tab / loading times (it's like most down to earth logic) kinda screams clever use of game mechanics. Don't you think?

So which other Prophecies could that trick be done with?
Could you do it with Vaal Winds or the Deadly Twins prophecies?

If it was an intentional mechanic, why would it only work with a single prophecy?

Because MT need less time to load.

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Exactly, it's not how prophecies are supposed to work in a sense that they are intented to proc randomly. And finding the way around that using game mechanics as they supposed to work - prophecies proccing simultaneously with map opening / ability to pull map out map of map device / loading times (it's like most down to earth logic) kinda screams clever use of game mechanics. Don't you think?

This is the reason why GGG didn't done anything about it for so long. Not even a single official public response about it. It's all because they realise how ambiguous and contradictory MT procs issue is.

You use the word "supposed to work" as if the differences in load times are calculated. They are not. This isn't game mechanics, this is a fault in their code - ergo an exploit. Following your logic, NOTHING is an exploit. Every weakness or fault is there for you to take advantage of. And when that is your moral stance, well, again, nothing is an exploit in your eyes. Because, as you say, you view weaknesses/faults in the code as "game mechanics".

And no, the more likely reason why GGG didn't say anything about this, is that they didn't want to shed any more light on the situation, making more players exploit it. They do not have the time or resources to monitor the use of this all the time, so they keep it on the low until a fix is clear. The same reason why bot-videos will get removed from the forums; why in the name of RNGesus would the advertise something like that?

Everything is supposed to load with same loadtime no matter how much things you need to load? What? That makes no sense. More stuff to load -> takes more time to load, less stuff to load -> less stuff to load. It's just how things work naturally.

Where I said nothing is exploit? We are only talking about MT procs here.

They didn't fixed it for a year. And you fix exploits in your game. It's obvious why they didn't do it. It wasn't harmful for anyone and it wasn't exploit in GGG's eyes until recently.

Btw GGG allows instakilling Izaro phases with bug...later this will be called exploit as well.

"
j33bus wrote:
Using loading time to determine when things happen is not a game mechanic, it's an exploit. The ability to pull a map before it loads is less of a game mechanic and more of a fail safe against the map failing to load.

I see where you are coming from.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Apr 26, 2017, 2:21:04 AM
Say "Leaguestone charges abuse is same as MT procs" again. Say '"Leaguestone charges abuse is same as MT procs" again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say "Leaguestone charges abuse is same as MT procs" one more Goddamn time!
It's taken 160 replies... but I think we've finally established than no one's position on this issue is going to change.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It's taken 160 replies... but I think we've finally established than no one's position on this issue is going to change.

lol true of most forum arguments
I dont see any any key!
Any active prophecy should run in the next map you load. You have 2 prophecies? Like tempest? They will load in the next 2 maps, one in each map. Have MT? Pull all other prophecies outta your wheel. THIS would be working as intended.
Why bother finding a Mirror of Kalandra if it can be [Removed by Support]
Killing the Elder or Shaper while following someone's build is like finding a street using google maps - such an achievement!
"
Any active prophecy should run in the next map you load. You have 2 prophecies? Like tempest? They will load in the next 2 maps, one in each map. Have MT? Pull all other prophecies outta your wheel. THIS would be working as intended.

Interesting point.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"

Interesting point.

Good god, stop necroing your dead threads.
"
Cataca wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"

Interesting point.

Good god, stop necroing your dead threads.

How is that dead Thread when people continue to post here?
So, No one was banned for abusing bug? Good job
Affliction master craft service Affliction My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Affliction veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Affliction SC master craft service Affliction SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Affliction craft PM: TreeOfDead
If anything not intended by Developers is exploit then there is another question - is it cheating? And if it is, then who do you cheat on?

You cheat on bullshit prophecie proc mechanic? It works like that now, because "We wanted prophecies to be random. We wanted them to happen sometime in the future, not being immediate event". This is GGG's vision and pretty much entire fanbase hates it and want changes (maybe it's planned for 3.0? Nevermind. There won't be any improvements to prophecie system this time as well).

There is also issue with GGG suddenly changing their stance on issue that was known and lasted for a year. Why it took them a year to fix it?

"
TreeOfDead wrote:
So, No one was banned for abusing bug? Good job

Except there was no bugs.

Last edited by SunL4D2 on Apr 28, 2017, 11:50:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info