Thin line between Clever use of game Mechanis and Exploit. Monstrous Treasure shenanigans.

"
crystalwitch wrote:

"You thought we were friends? I was just using you for the extra master dailies."

THEM FEELS!

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Ban them all and no more complaints. Strictly. This!
Thin or not, it's a line exploiters want to be blurred as much as possible, so they can keep doing exploits and pretend they're legit. It's part of the mentality.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
Wilmots wrote:
Ban them all and no more complaints. Strictly. This!

I second this.
And the whole ''i stopped donating e.t.c. because my feewhings got hurt'' is not exactly true, you could have an account that you know would get banned within a week, and if a day before the deed they would release an MTX you like, you'd still pay.

There is no line between cleaver use of game mechanics and exploiting because it's exactly the same thing, but if anything, the latter is actually more worrisome for devs because a mechanic like that has no real shelf life as far as potential harm goes.

So yeah, whatever line on the argument or wording it self might be there, anyone caught even coming close to within the proximity of any sort of abuse like this should get instantly nailed, no exceptions.
No rest for the wicked.
"
Daiena wrote:

There is no line between cleaver use of game mechanics and exploiting because it's exactly the same thing

If it was exactly the same thing, the clever combination of items and/or game mechanics should be bannable offense as well. Following the same logic.

Exploiters find an ingame breach and use it in their favor. A part of the job of the developers is to reveal the exploits and fix them, as the breach is due to their own mistakes. It makes no sense to victimize a user because of issues of your own.
If issues stay hidden for long, it's also up to the developers - then they lack efficient and systematic methods for fast detection.

Bannable exploits should be those, which harm the game stability, or are aggressive to other users. The rest should be silently fixed.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Apr 19, 2017, 7:26:23 AM
Exploit is when something working as not intended. What exactly working here as not intended?

Map loading faster if there is no monsters? No, it's not - there is less stuff to load, map naturally will load faster.

Prophecie not proccing before map loaded? No, this is how prophecies work.

Ability to pull map from map device before it loaded? No, you can do it and this is how it always worked.

So why exactly not using any unintended mechanic is exploit again?...

They only not intended thing is that you actually can benefit from it - i.e. use game mechanics for your advantage. Also known as Clever use of game meachanics...

"
crystalwitch wrote:
I can't imagine how anyone can think that this sort of thing was meant to be used like that.

"
"You see how the fps drops right here? That means a vaal area was generated."
"And you think we're supposed to be able to know that without actually looking around the area?"
"Yeah? Of course we are."

"
"Hold on, where's the blood magic gem?"
"Don't need it, I can get the passive node, activate the auras and then refund the node and activate the other auras on mana."
"So you're getting blood magic without having a support gem, passive node or item give it to you? And only for some of your auras?"
"Yep."
"That's messed up, you can't do that."
"Well why not?"
"Because you're getting blood magic for free whenever you choose?"
"Nuh uh. I'm having to spend orbs of regret on this."
"That's not what I- Fuck it, we're not friends anymore."
"You thought we were friends? I was just using you for the extra master dailies."

"
"Oh hey. I can take the legacy stones out before the portals open and they won't lose a charge."
"That can't be right."
"Of course it is. Why else would I be able to do it?"

"
"I'm telling you man, robbing the elderly is okay."
"No! No it's not!"
"Then why haven't I been arrested yet?"
*sirens*
"This is totally unfair!"

Funny thing is snapshotting was Clever use back then. Haha.

What did you wanted to say? If you don't understand just how insane Leaguestone charges bug was, you need more schooling. It only comparable to actuall duping of currencie / drops / whatever issues was in the past.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Apr 19, 2017, 7:48:12 AM
I'll help you up op, no need to school anyone as you suggest.

Unintended means, that it wasn't intended that user does such a thing when in process of designing/programming by developers.

Also, in ToS it is clearly said, any change that devs do, that is intended and they have all rights to say what you can and can't do, despite if it's possible or not possible to do ingame.

If they like, devs can permaban you for writing 12345 and you agreed to that by creating your account.

So what is there left to discuss then? Exploit is what devs say that exploit is. No need to bother analysing something as meaningless as that, just as market fluctuations, unless you flip and it bothers you.

In future, if you think something might not be allowed, despite it is not clearly stated anywhere, send an e-mail to support and they will clarify it to you, or go to gameplay help forums as it seems you need it a lot.
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Apr 19, 2017, 7:59:02 AM
The line between clever use of game mechanics and exploitation is determined by the company's decision, this thread is pretty stupid.

An example of CUoGM is like equipping a dex item to equip another dex item with more dex to equip desired items. Not to quite literally influence the proc of something because the design was added to an older design.
IGN: Edgar_Ffs
"
Necromael wrote:
I'll help you up op, no need to school anyone as you suggest.

Unintended means, that it wasn't intended that user does such a thing when in process of designing/programming by developers.

Also, in ToS it is clearly said, any change that devs do, that is intended and they have all rights to say what you can and can't do, despite if it's possible or not possible to do ingame.

If they like, devs can permaban you for writing 12345 and you agreed to that by creating your account.

So what is there left to discuss then? Exploit is what devs say that exploit is. No need to bother analysing something as meaningless as that, just as market fluctuations, unless you flip and it bothers you.

In future, if you think something might not be allowed, despite it is not clearly stated anywhere, send an e-mail to support and they will clarify it to you, or go to gameplay help forums as it seems you need it a lot.

It's same story as "If you don't like it, don't comment" or "It's free game, they can do whatever". In oother words make little sense. GGG needs feedback and community reaction. If not our guidance, PoE would be already dead game.

quote="fxyo"]The line between clever use of game mechanics and exploitation is determined by the company's decision, this thread is pretty stupid.

An example of CUoGM is like equipping a dex item to equip another dex item with more dex to equip desired items. Not to quite literally influence the proc of something because the design was added to an older design.[/quote]
And difference is? Why player should bother with last part?
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Apr 19, 2017, 8:25:41 AM
Cheating like this is what turned me off of pretty much all online gaming back in the early 2000s. If you trade or MP, you benefit from it... even if you don't condone it. When a game becomes plagued by cheating, people lose value in it. When people don't value their achievements, they stop playing.

GGG should take a much harder line on cheaters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info