Thin line between Clever use of game Mechanis and Exploit. Monstrous Treasure shenanigans.

Clever use of game Mechanics and Exploit don´t have a thin line.

The ethic is thin.

GGG can´t solve and here we are. Congrats.
Coming from somebody that never cheats in any way in any games and dosn't really care what anybody else does, I don't really understand the whole exploit thing.

To me exploit means "... bad programming ... let's shift the blame to the players"

Maybe im naïve but in a game with such complex mechanics as this one how or why should anybody have to second guess what the developers intended or didn't.

If something isn't working as intended they should fix it, end of.
They are both the same to me

Especially when devs say they will fix it

They confirm its a exploit
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
plodd wrote:
To me exploit means "... bad programming ... let's shift the blame to the players"

I think of it more like forgetting to lock a window and someone coming in while you're at work.
Sure, you were the one who left their window unlocked, but that other person still had to make the decision to come in and take a shit on your bed.

"
plodd wrote:
Maybe im naïve but in a game with such complex mechanics as this one how or why should anybody have to second guess what the developers intended or didn't.

That's part of the thing where people like you and I differ from exploiters and abusers of 'clever mechanics'.
I mean, how many times have you had to take a map out of your device after you've already selected 'Activate'?
For that matter, did you even know it was an option? I know I'd never thought about it.

"
plodd wrote:

And they did fix it. End of.
But people are trying to argue that the exploit was intended, despite it being fixed.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
It's GGG's responsibility to stay on top of exploits. It's not exactly fair to punish the players for using something to get ahead in a game that's this grindy and cutthroat. That all falls on GGG. If they find an exploit, fix it, but I don't see any reason to punish anyone for it.
"
crystalwitch wrote:
"
plodd wrote:

I think of it more like forgetting to lock a window and someone coming in while you're at work.
Sure, you were the one who left their window unlocked, but that other person still had to make the decision to come in and take a shit on your bed.

"
plodd wrote:

That's part of the thing where people like you and I differ from exploiters and abusers of 'clever mechanics'.
I mean, how many times have you had to take a map out of your device after you've already selected 'Activate'?
For that matter, did you even know it was an option? I know I'd never thought about it.

"
plodd wrote:

And they did fix it. End of.
But people are trying to argue that the exploit was intended, despite it being fixed.

Window and lock is bad example. More like if you see 10$ on the ground and there is no people nearby, so you have noone to ask if they dropped it. After you picked money up, would you waste your time and efforts to find a person who lost 10$ or you will use it for yourself, give to someone or whatever?

It was fixed year ago and GGG knew about this for all this time though.

"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
It's GGG's responsibility to stay on top of exploits. It's not exactly fair to punish the players for using something to get ahead in a game that's this grindy and cutthroat. That all falls on GGG. If they find an exploit, fix it, but I don't see any reason to punish anyone for it.

I see the point when they ban people who get incomparable economical advantage over other people (Leaguestone charges abusem for example).
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Apr 30, 2017, 3:09:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info