[2.6/3.0 BETA] eMbbu's detailed Essence drain guide for shaper & t16 boss farmer

So, honestly, is this build not just now strictly better with low life? The decay dagger is just so weak now, but pain attunement with presence of chayula scales your main spell damage a ton while not really sacrificing ES at high levels. The only important difference for hardcore is that you can't farm chayula breaches as easily (but you can respec for those at the cost of just 2 regrets each way)

I've been running basically the same build but modified for low life and running Breath of the Council over a decay dagger, and I have 11.5k ES and 71k fully-unbuffed tooltip ED dps (level 8 arcane surge on contagion means it's 81k dps with just arcane surge, no wither totem or anything. But I am, of course, running wither totem for bosses).

Last edited by codetaku on Aug 27, 2017, 8:26:26 AM
"
So, honestly, is this build not just now strictly better with low life? The decay dagger is just so weak now, but pain attunement with presence of chayula scales your main spell damage a ton while not really sacrificing ES at high levels. The only important difference for hardcore is that you can't farm chayula breaches as easily (but you can respec for those at the cost of just 2 regrets each way)

I've been running basically the same build but modified for low life and running Breath of the Council over a decay dagger, and I have 11.5k ES and 71k fully-unbuffed tooltip ED dps (level 8 arcane surge on contagion means it's 81k dps with just arcane surge, no wither totem or anything. But I am, of course, running wither totem for bosses).

Yes, the end goal is to be lowlife with presence+chayula, comparing to my current gear its jsut a loss of 400 es or so. Decay dagger with spd + ias will still out perform brearth of the council for bosses in terms of raw dps and mobility
pvp loooooooool
Okay, fair enough. I know decay dagger is more DPS for bosses, but BotC is huge QoL for mapping. This build, overall, has become much more usable for mapping than it used to be, thanks to the direct ED gem buff.
"
Okay, fair enough. I know decay dagger is more DPS for bosses, but BotC is huge QoL for mapping. This build, overall, has become much more usable for mapping than it used to be, thanks to the direct ED gem buff.

fair enougy, i personally dont map with ed after the point i have my shaper setup so im just goong for raw boss dps
pvp loooooooool
is skin of the loyal better than a regalia?
"

Can you link your build, please?
"
Hr0ffT wrote:
"

Can you link your build, please?

Probably something similar to mine. I know some people are using The Vertex over Heretic's, and Sin Trek or Brinerot Whalers over a pair of rare boots, but I needed the resists. Also, I don't have a Presence yet, but it's in the works.
Last edited by Catemonster on Sep 5, 2017, 2:10:59 AM
I'm using the same setup atm. after spending all my currency on lvl 4 empower I reached 100k dot with arcane surge but only 9.8k es at level 90. hopefully that will be enough for shaper. is a decay dagger much better than breath of the council? I havent tested it since 3.0. if anyone has any advice my profile is public.

thanks for the guide OP. Trickster ED was my favorite build last league and your guide helped me make some choices for the boss killer version :) so far it still seems like a solid build in 3.0 despite the nerfs.
Which bandits do you go for now that 3.0 has reworked their passives? Or do you just take the free points?
"
Abek wrote:
I'm using the same setup atm. after spending all my currency on lvl 4 empower I reached 100k dot with arcane surge but only 9.8k es at level 90. hopefully that will be enough for shaper. is a decay dagger much better than breath of the council? I havent tested it since 3.0. if anyone has any advice my profile is public.

thanks for the guide OP. Trickster ED was my favorite build last league and your guide helped me make some choices for the boss killer version :) so far it still seems like a solid build in 3.0 despite the nerfs.

decay dagger is a slight dmg boost, but can roll attack speed for dodging those risky slams
pvp loooooooool

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info