[2.6/3.0 BETA] eMbbu's detailed Essence drain guide for shaper & t16 boss farmer

What are your thoughts on Dagger+400es Shield vs a Bow and legacy soul strike?
Would it be possible/beneficial to get a +3 bow for ED?

I have an occultist in standard that I want to respec to LL ED but am unsure how much "faster start of ES recharge" is needed to be safe enough with wicked ward.
"
Silverthorn90 wrote:

I have an occultist in standard that I want to respec to LL ED but am unsure how much "faster start of ES recharge" is needed to be safe enough with wicked ward.

2 rings + shavs is 50% faster alrdy. +3 bow doesnt benefit ed just +1 does, go shield + dagger
pvp loooooooool
"
optimal 6l in 3.0 is empower lvl 4 instead of decay and use delirium weapon

You said lower in your guide (I understand this is prior to 3.0) that decay was better than empower because even though empower boosts ED's damage more, delirium scaled off of ED's DoT and so overall decay was a better choice. Now you're saying to run empower but to continue using a delirium dagger. Have they removed the delirium-decay interaction; if not, why has empower become preferential to decay?

Also, is the quality of life from penetration no longer worth the damage drop?

Thanks for answering all my questions by the way. I'm absolutely loving this build and I want to better understand why you make the choices you make.
Last edited by BakkaBoy on Sep 16, 2017, 2:10:55 PM
"
BakkaBoy wrote:
"
optimal 6l in 3.0 is empower lvl 4 instead of decay and use delirium weapon

You said lower in your guide (I understand this is prior to 3.0) that decay was better than empower because even though empower boosts ED's damage more, delirium scaled off of ED's DoT and so overall decay was a better choice. Now you're saying to run empower but to continue using a delirium dagger. Have they removed the delirium-decay interaction; if not, why has empower become preferential to decay?

Thanks for answering all my questions by the way. I'm absolutely loving this build and I want to better understand why you make the choices you make.

yes, decay no longer gets scaled by ed's spell damage, it used to in 2.6. its still a nice damage boost so with spell dmg it outperforms the other options. Also ed got massive damage buffs to the gem itself so it scales harder from the + lvls

"

? what penetration
pvp loooooooool
Last edited by eMbbuZomg on Sep 16, 2017, 2:45:06 PM
"
? what penetration

Apologies, I meant pierce support. You have it in your 2.6 build because you like the quality of life provided by being able to start the ED tick on multiple enemies at once. It's no longer in your 3.0 build. Is the damage drop by not having a 6th damage gem no longer worth it for the pierce quality of life?
"
eMbbuZomg wrote:
"
Silverthorn90 wrote:

2 rings + shavs is 50% faster alrdy. +3 bow doesnt benefit ed just +1 does, go shield + dagger

Thanks for the advice!

An option I am thinking about is investing in aura reservation nodes to run Triple purities + Discipline + Blasphemy Temp chains and then Vulnerability via witchfire brew.

Also, what do you think about using a 4L Blight in Allelopathy to supplement single target?
"
BakkaBoy wrote:
"
? what penetration

Apologies, I meant pierce support. You have it in your 2.6 build because you like the quality of life provided by being able to start the ED tick on multiple enemies at once. It's no longer in your 3.0 build. Is the damage drop by not having a 6th damage gem no longer worth it for the pierce quality of life?

Pierce was there originally for the %more multiplier that scaled both ed & decay dot
pvp loooooooool
"
Silverthorn90 wrote:
"
eMbbuZomg wrote:
"
Silverthorn90 wrote:

Thanks for the advice!

An option I am thinking about is investing in aura reservation nodes to run Triple purities + Discipline + Blasphemy Temp chains and then Vulnerability via witchfire brew.

Also, what do you think about using a 4L Blight in Allelopathy to supplement single target?

Dont find the need for blight, dont rly like aura u lose so mcuh es
pvp loooooooool
The leveling tree seems to have points invested in passive nodes which are not connected to the tree?
"
Silverthorn90 wrote:
"
eMbbuZomg wrote:
"
Silverthorn90 wrote:

Thanks for the advice!

Dont find the need for blight, dont rly like aura u lose so mcuh es

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For what it's worth, you can link a curse to blight via a cast while channelling gem and get the same sort of functionality as orb of storms but with the added slowing of blight. Couple that with the spreading rot jewel and it turns blight into a mean CC and effectively a second wither.

Given that only one of the curses you have on your orb of storms cluster can apply without another +curse limit item, I've swapped it out for Blight-Cast While Channeling-Increase AoE-Enfeeble and it's been working pretty fantastically. By building it this way it's more supplementary damage than a main source, but the utility is where it's been shining for me.
Last edited by BakkaBoy on Sep 20, 2017, 12:45:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info