Syrian Situation

"
Xavderion wrote:
When very fake news CNN is pushing a pro-Trump story it really feels dirty as fuck.

3 minute video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3uaf1NFxXc

mhmm this video is itching me. Is CNN trying to push a propaganda to start a war? Or was the action really liked by the Syrians?

At one point you can see the journalist really disliked when he thanked Trump, so it look kind of legit. But if it was no propaganda, and the thing was legit they would have cut the feed like they always do.

But at the same time, CNN will do anything to push us into another war. So there is a very high probability this is staged up.
Last edited by diablofdb on Apr 7, 2017, 5:47:22 PM
"
sarahaustin wrote:

How was this a good thing? The attack came from terrorists, not Assad. Why help the terrorists in this way? makes no sense. But nothing new from illogical Trump supporters.

I explained how. I too believe it was a false-flag but without proof Trump had to do something. He did the right thing.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:

How was this a good thing? The attack came from terrorists, not Assad. Why help the terrorists in this way? makes no sense. But nothing new from illogical Trump supporters.

I explained how. I too believe it was a false-flag but without proof Trump had to do something. He did the right thing.

'Shoot first, ask questions later' isn't a good way of doing things...
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
faerwin wrote:

You, and liberals in general, are focusing too much on the why - if Assad is responsible for the attack - and whether or not in the short term our military actions help terrorist.

Trump and his supporters are tired of seeing the US pussy-foot around and not be the dominate force in the world that it is. There isn't a high meta level thought process going into these actions regarding Syria, Russia or China with trade. This is a matter of a strong America first.

And for a lot of us this is long overdue.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:

"
Xavderion wrote:
After a good night's sleep I came to the conclusion that I'm still on the Trump train.

It was a good move from Trump, even though it feels bad. The option to simply do nothing was not on the table. So he did the next best thing, he shot some glorified fireworks with probably zero casualties, appeased neocons/neolibs in the process, appeared stronger than Obama on this (who as you know didn't do shit back then in 2013), basically did away with the Russian narrative (the most deluded libs will still believe the narrative but they are irretrievably lost anyway), impressed President Xi, and while some of his supporters are salty as fuck now, most of them will be back on the train very soon.

Remember, he didn't air strike Damaskus. This isn't another Libya.
Feels weird to disagree with Trump and Xav and agree with Sarah here. You don't retaliate against the scapegoats of an obvious false flag; that's exactly what the real perpetrators intend.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:

You, and liberals in general, are focusing too much on the why - if Assad is responsible for the attack - and whether or not in the short term our military actions help terrorist.

Trump and his supporters are tired of seeing the US pussy-foot around and not be the dominate force in the world that it is. There isn't a high meta level thought process going into these actions regarding Syria, Russia or China with trade. This is a matter of a strong America first.

And for a lot of us this is long overdue.

Problem is that it's too short overdue. We only watch the missile after launched and don't really care the damage done after.
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
Do you guys think that there will be some diplomacy done after this? I mean, if you launch the missiles then say nothing or do nothing afterwards then you basically didn't accomplish anything in the long term right?

The damage wasn't large, so if nobody compromises in any way, won't this whole thing be for nothing? The missiles were worth more than 100 million IIRC, this time the damage wasn't large and some people are betting that there won't be repercussions, but you guys aren't expecting for things to always go this way right? Let's say Trump does the same thing 4 or more times during his 4 years of presidency, how long until shit hits the fan?

------

Now, about Trump's motivation in doing this, I was thinking about something: what if that "Rosneft 19" thing is real? This attack drove the price of gas up by a bit didn't it? I'm not saying that it is true, but it's hard to prove that it isn't either...
Last edited by soneka101 on Apr 7, 2017, 8:16:40 PM
"
soneka101 wrote:
Do you guys think that there will be some diplomacy done after this? I mean, if you launch the missiles then say nothing or do nothing afterwards then you basically didn't accomplish anything in the long term right?

That's why I called it glorified fireworks. I can imagine that Trump and Mattis believe there's a good chance the chemical attack was a false flag. So they showed force without doing anything actually impactful.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Feels weird to disagree with Trump and Xav and agree with Sarah here. You don't retaliate against the scapegoats of an obvious false flag; that's exactly what the real perpetrators intend.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/04/07/intel-not-just-heart-wrenching-pictures-convinced-us-to-act-on-syria.html

They released intel photos, make of them what you will. Basically they're saying 'we saw the planes leave the hangar, we saw where they flew to, we saw them return. And in that time window we heard reports from the ground about people suffering symptoms of a chem-type attack'.

This, of course, doesn't mean that version of events is true, nor does it rule out that they dropped conventional bombs and hit terrorist dirty stockpiles, but there you go.

--

On the subject of will there be diplomacy and did this accomplish anything, this seems like the best balance of safe and effective message sending you can make. The rest of the world's leaders seem to be quietly applauding. How could Assad not get the message? Bashar used his toys to do a bad thing, and an adult came and smashed his toys with a hammer right in front of him. Bashar now has 5 toys left, I suspect he will have heard a message.

Edit, wrong link.
Last edited by innervation on Apr 7, 2017, 8:34:10 PM
"
innervation wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/04/07/intel-not-just-heart-wrenching-pictures-convinced-us-to-act-on-syria.html

They released intel photos, make of them what you will. Basically they're saying 'we saw the planes leave the hangar, we saw where they flew to, we saw them return. And in that time window we heard reports from the ground about people suffering symptoms of a chem-type attack'.

This, of course, doesn't mean that version of events is true, nor does it rule out that they dropped conventional bombs and hit terrorist dirty stockpiles, but there you go.

--

On the subject of will there be diplomacy and did this accomplish anything, this seems like the best balance of safe and effective message sending you can make. The rest of the world's leaders seem to be quietly applauding. How could Assad not get the message? Bashar used his toys to do a bad thing, and an adult came and smashed his toys with a hammer right in front of him. Bashar now has 5 toys left, I suspect he will have heard a message.

Edit, wrong link.

What I don't understand with all this is that it should be relatively easy to figure out who,s lying. If you send a team on the place of the chemical explosion, you'll either find remains of missiles or a bombarded site that has traces of chemicals everywhere in the case of a cache of chemical that exploded after an aerial raid.

The very fact that Trump didn't order a search of the site seems very curious to me.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info