[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

Brutality is actually quite bad - no taste of hate, no atziri's primise, no hatred, no herald of ash, no added fire damage and so on.

Maim though is a support gem that i'll most likely use instead of added fire damage
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hello Korgoth of barberia and thanks for the beautiful guide! It's very well written.
I've always craved for a flicker strike build and figured out I might just start in 3.0, anyway patch notes are coming up soon later toady and so far we know that power charges have been slightly nerfed, they're down to 40% global crit chance increase from 50% per charge.
Not too gamebreaking I hope, also bandits have been changed quite a lot, will we get oak for the % life regen? Or should we go straight for the 2 skill points?

Last, in our hunt for early rare gear should we focus on exclusively armor pieces, hybrid armor/evasion, pure evasion? Or does it matter little.
I know we'll avoid es entirely as blood rage just loves drinking it.

Thanks and I hope you'll bear with me, I shall restrain myself from spamming.

Edit: found most of the answers to my questions in the previous pages, who would have known right?!
Last edited by torokfremen on Aug 1, 2017, 8:40:04 PM
"
torokfremen wrote:
Hello Korgoth of barberia and thanks for the beautiful guide! It's very well written.
I've always craved for a flicker strike build and figured out I might just start in 3.0, anyway patch notes are coming up soon later toady and so far we know that power charges have been slightly nerfed, they're down to 40% global crit chance increase from 50% per charge.
Not too gamebreaking I hope, also bandits have been changed quite a lot, will we get oak for the % life regen? Or should we go straight for the 2 skill points?

Last, in our hunt for early rare gear should we focus on exclusively armor pieces, hybrid armor/evasion, pure evasion? Or does it matter little.
I know we'll avoid es entirely as blood rage just loves drinking it.

Thanks and I hope you'll bear with me, I shall restrain myself from spamming.

Edit: found most of the answers to my questions in the previous pages, who would have known right?!

- The global crit decrease doesn't affect flicker that much as long you have 90%+ global crit from the 2 rings + amulet or 1 ring/amulet + acquity if budget allows. Plus the jewel slots in the passive tree can make up for the loss.

- I'm thinking alira is a good choice since it provides 20+ multi crit and some resistance. the two passive points allows for a 5th jewel slot with a slightly modified tree.
(Sorry for my English)

Hello! I come to say thanks you so much!
I was playing oro's flicker but in my opinion it was not so cool cause it have problem vs antu ignite enemies. I found your build and rebuild on Terminis Est, it was best choice! I almost defeated Uber Atziri, but my wooden PC usualy have uber drop on boss (don't know why she drop me so hard on pizza :/ ) but probably it's easy cause I easy kills guardians. (I used viper strike vs them)

BTW my gear

And when i don't got gloves i used
works rly well!

So thx for your build it was rly fun play it :D
@torokfremen Thanks mate! ^^
About the bandits... now it's such a hard choice! Aliara with the crit multi and the resists is definitely nice. Oak gives some damage and lets not forget that flat physical reduction (even 2%) is something that you can rarely get. Kraytin has dodge ... yet another rare and useful defensive stat. And of course 2 passives could easily mean a jewel slot... and if you have the right jewel that could be a significant boost. Honestly i can't recommend one over the other. I'm leaning towards Oak or Aliara though.

Now armour, evasion or a hybrid - it doesn't really matter in this build.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hi ! I'll begin by thanking you (the author) for the awesome guides, they look very nice and detailed !

I really need to ask you some questions. (Thank you, to anyone answering my post)

1 - With the nerf on the abyssus helmet and the new support gems (and power charge crit nerf ofc) : what build would you recommend me to try ? Terminus Est Edition or Two Handed Weapon edition ?

2 - Do you think the nerf killed this build ?

3 - Which one would you put in first place ? (if a such thing is possible).

I can't decide which one to go for, your two flicker strike builds are hyping me so much, haha !
(sorry if i make any language mistake btw)
"Added a master audio volume slider." - Patch Notes 3.0.0.
Our prayers have been heard !
Last edited by covermystxii on Aug 2, 2017, 4:05:47 PM
Hey man!

The abyssus nerf is significant though it doesn't matter much for the build, especially when we consider some new additions like the maim support gem. The pwoer charge nerf literally means -2.6% crit chance which is .. laughable. So no the nerfs didn't kill the build .... not even close.

Now about the two-handed RT version vs the Terminus Est version, the situation is still the same. The two-handed build is easier to gear-up, but the Terminus Est build has more space for improvement and with enough investment it definitely surpasses the two-handed version and becomes better in the end.
Hey, thanks for this answer it's helping me a lot to decide which one i'll play !
I think i'm gonna give the "Terminus Est Edition" a go, as it seems like it will suit my desire of a long term build.

I still wonder why would the "maim support" gem could help with this build ?
(Since the mobs we're gonna hit are gonna die fast while mapping. Maybe against bosses ?)
Could you tell me ?
Well maim increases your physical damage, on top of that it gives you more physical damage and on top of that it gives you yet another more multiplier in the form of the extra damage that a maimed enemy takes.
Well this gem looks great indeed.

Didn't find that much info on this support gem, and the wiki page describing the maim debuff would only tell me about the movement speed malus on ennemies.

In fact i just discovered this debuff, never knew before this patch note (i'm one league old, haha).

Anyway, i'll come back to give my feedback later, thanks again ;)
Last edited by covermystxii on Aug 2, 2017, 4:54:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info