[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

"
puRe59 wrote:
Currently, I'm messing around with this build in standard. I've noticed huge buffs so far. I'm maxed out on accuracy and 97% crit with the new gems. I actually need to remove some +accuracy mods on my gear now. Definitely a lot of good stuff for crit builds with this update.

Edit: with close to 100% crit I’ve found its no longer necessary to sustain Blood Rage to gain frenzy charges

Which tree are you using currently? I loved this build in the past and would like to try it again with the new patch.

And dropping Blood Rage was my first thought when I saw that Flicker Strike can now generate charges on its own. It was quite a pain with certain map modifiers.
"
Jaemal wrote:
"
puRe59 wrote:
Currently, I'm messing around with this build in standard. I've noticed huge buffs so far. I'm maxed out on accuracy and 97% crit with the new gems. I actually need to remove some +accuracy mods on my gear now. Definitely a lot of good stuff for crit builds with this update.

Edit: with close to 100% crit I’ve found its no longer necessary to sustain Blood Rage to gain frenzy charges

Which tree are you using currently? I loved this build in the past and would like to try it again with the new patch.

And dropping Blood Rage was my first thought when I saw that Flicker Strike can now generate charges on its own. It was quite a pain with certain map modifiers.

You should be able to see my tree (it is public). I started with the original tree from this guide, but modified it as I saw fit. I started assigning points in batches to make sure I wasn't getting too much crit/accuracy. I think once you start to reach 100% in both of those you want to focus on crit multiplier and damage nodes. I'll definitely have to reassign some nodes as my gear changes.

Also, I dropped the original auras. I run Assassin's Mark (from Oskarm gloves), Pride, Precision, and Arctic Armour. And an Ice Golem. Be careful not to over level Precision because the flat mana reserve ramps up quickly- you may not be able to sustain all of those skills. Once you can max crit/accuracy through gear you could drop Precision or Ice Golem. Or just remove crit/accuracy mods for other mods.

I'm going to replace Melee Physical Damage Support with Close Combat Support. I will also be using a Melee Splash Support in order to run with both Bane of Legends and Brutal Fervour. If I end up having trouble mapping I may change this up.

edit: Not sure if PoB is running the numbers correctly, but I have 100% crit without the Increased Critical Strike Support gem.
Last edited by puRe59 on Jun 9, 2019, 3:03:36 PM
I think I'll use your character for inspiration as well. How's bossing been so far? And survivability with abyssus? So nice to see this guide being functional again!
"
puRe59 wrote:

You should be able to see my tree (it is public). I started with the original tree from this guide, but modified it as I saw fit. I started assigning points in batches to make sure I wasn't getting too much crit/accuracy. I think once you start to reach 100% in both of those you want to focus on crit multiplier and damage nodes. I'll definitely have to reassign some nodes as my gear changes.

Also, I dropped the original auras. I run Assassin's Mark (from Oskarm gloves), Pride, Precision, and Arctic Armour. And an Ice Golem. Be careful not to over level Precision because the flat mana reserve ramps up quickly- you may not be able to sustain all of those skills. Once you can max crit/accuracy through gear you could drop Precision or Ice Golem. Or just remove crit/accuracy mods for other mods.

I'm going to replace Melee Physical Damage Support with Close Combat Support. I will also be using a Melee Splash Support in order to run with both Bane of Legends and Brutal Fervour. If I end up having trouble mapping I may change this up.

edit: Not sure if PoB is running the numbers correctly, but I have 100% crit without the Increased Critical Strike Support gem.

So, I did skill my char now and already did some testing. Results are very promising for now, even though I did a much more traditional skilling than you did, just so I had a better comparison to my pre-patch build. Also, I am not sure if 100% crit is optimal, as you are missing out some very nice damage nodes and Phase Acrobatics.

I wanted to ask how Vaal Pact is working out for you at the moment. We definetly do not need Blood Rage anymore, so we could use it and drop life regen but is it really worth it? I haven't really used it since to got nerfed to oblivion and just double rate doesn't seem too great. But maybe I am just spoiled from the old version :)

@Chrishobbel

I don't use the exact same build but bossing has been much improved for me. My damage is much higher and the changes to the Slayer nodes allow me to get Stun Immunity, Culling Strike and massive extra damage against bosses. This patch definetly helped us a lot.
I feel more vulnerable without the dodge nodes. But, I'm trying to see if I can run this build without them. I did some testing and made some changes to my tree/5-link.

I removed Vaal Pact- may need to pick up life leech/recovery nodes later.

I replaced Close Combat Support with Melee Physical Damage Support- I added some bleed nodes... this definitely helps take down bosses faster. Keeping Blood Rage for bosses.

With the update, I've noticed some clunkiness to Flicker Strike. Very tempted to put this gear on hold and run crit Cyclone.

EDIT: Currently running Phys Crit/Impale Cyclone build. Definitely a lot more damage and smoother game play. I will return to FS build once GGG fixes the desync issues (if ever).
Last edited by puRe59 on Jun 14, 2019, 8:54:43 PM
Mapping without Melee Splash support feels like complete trash, almost made me give up on this. Now it feels A M A Z I N G.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info