[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

"
Kendirom wrote:
Hi! Really like your guide)

I want to try it on 3.0 HC for fun. Maybe any suggestions to maintain better chance of not suiciding (more fat nodes or gear)?

It's possible..but i wouldn't consider as a viable HC build. There are too many variables...desync, reflect, running out of frenzy in a middle of a pack are real possibilities to rip a character (seen it, experienced it).

Can it hit lvl 100? absoluutely. You might want to review the non-crit frenzy build by korgoth.
@huuhao9a7
Well swapping gems in and out is something that i always desperately try to avoid as it is extremely annoying. Most importantly though having splash nowadays is something important in boss fights as well given the fact that many bosses constantly spawn adds or at least have a pack of magic monsters with them

@Kendirom
I've never considered Flicker Strike builds truly HC viable due to the unpredictable nature of the skill alone. Like Molochmane suggest my other flicker strike guide is a bit more safe (especially when it comes to reflect) and you can always drop some damage nodes in favor of more life. With a well built character, careful gameplay and map crafting deaths are very rare, but of course in HC even 1 death is 1 death too much so there's that.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Thanks for the build. Does the changes to power and frenzy charges change anything about the build in a significant way? Really looking forward to playing flicker now that volatiles aren't instadeath.
My prediction that the build will survive...

- Losing a whole lot of multi crit melee on abyssus moving forward will be a big bite on the butt. it can be remedied with two handed crit multi/melee strike multi jewels like these:
28% crit multi? now imagine having 5 slots with 110~%+/- multi crit. But it can be exceedingly rare with life %+damage or resist. But there's plenty around.
- Lost of a frenzy charge from bandits (haven't played beta so I can't be sure..???)
- Lost of damage power in lion's roar/Taste of hate/atziri's flask
- Lost 60% critcal chance from (3) power charges (Build can fair pretty well with total global 70-73% base crit on maximized items).

global crit amulet + 2 x diamond rings + milagro's gloves or acquity.

plus side?
- oak's or alira's rewards looks sweet
- 20% reduction of reflect from a god power (now that's nice!)
- it's flicker baby!
Last edited by Molochmane on Jul 30, 2017, 2:58:59 AM
@florada34
The power charge changes mean a loss of 60% crit chance (or a total of 5.25% crit chance) which is in no way a big deal , so don't worry about it ;)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
One of my favorite builds :) Are you going to update this build for 3.0?
Yes i surely will! Though it might take a couple of days up to a week due to real life responsibilities and the needed time to properly assess the 3.0 changes.
Loving the build so far, just wanted to ask for any more tips in regards to survival. I tend to get one shot a lot obviously because of the abyssus but I wanted to know what else I could do.

I have the gem setups, kaoms heart, flasks and I'm going for more life notes at the moment. Its like hitting a brick wall after just blowing everything up and then all of sudden dead.
Are your resistances capped? What content are you trying to do? What kills you? In the end level 70 is not even considered end-game by most ... many don't even start farming maps at that at level (simply because farming dried lake at that level means faster, safer and more efficient leveling).
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 30, 2017, 5:27:54 PM
Is new brutality gem viable for this build? Or old gem spec does more dmg?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info