[3.9?] Sidefx Frost Blades - Hyped for Support +

What pantheons are you using and which upgrades did you get?
Last edited by MrProtoX on Aug 19, 2017, 5:13:40 AM
"
NonMagical wrote:
To those posting this is pure glass cannon / struggling with T11 just know I was in the same boat a few days ago. I changed up my build thanks to some feedback, and also picked up some Kaoms Roots. Here is my PoB link:

https://pastebin.com/cJDNPsqU

Summary:

5168 life (5378 if I take off Biscos)
10.9k armor (53% phys damage reduction)
714k melee hit frost blades DPS
Capped resistances (-60% chaos, -43% without Biscos)

Probably the most important change I made was picking up Iron Reflexes. So long as I'm not 1 shot I can leech back quick enough in most situations. This change allowed me to go from hitting a brick wall at some T13 bosses to being able to run T15 (including bosses) deathless. However I did roll those with little to no damage mods. I haven't tried T16 yet. Also, T15 Core was *not* deathless. Took 5 portals to kill Malachai.

Hope that helps some people struggling with taking this build past T11.

Spoiler

Really sweet idea. I'm gonna try iron reflexes since I'm still on a full evade body armour.
Btw I checked your nodes. You could remove coldhearted calculation and the previous node and replace it with Aspect of the Panther. You would get to 730k instead of 715k dps.
Ok im hitting a wall. Im lvl 90 now and can fast clear every map, but i die to fast. i know that my gear isnt optimized but im feeling that if i do the dmg will become only more but the defense stays the same.

Would it be worth to drop the belly and go all evasion?

Hyrri's/Queen of the forest/Yriel's fostering (still deciding out of those 3 chest what would be best for this build if i would go all evasion)

and for boots atziri steps.

The tree would be something like this https://pastebin.com/33a9WduT. (this is with Hyrri chest)

This way we lose some life but we getting 40k evasion with more dodge.

Dont know if this is worth it but its only a thought..
Im so frustrated with this build. Im gonna create another...
"
WillieS wrote:
Did uber atziri a few times, on atizi herself needed to swap to dual strike with hrimsorrow gloves and a dual strike jewel. With abyssus was able to melt split phase before attacks go off. Using starkonja on trio but haven't managed not to die a few times there yet. Practice.

Unrelated question: why do you go Iron Reflexes and Acrobatics? DO you think the 30% dodge is worth losing half armour?
Hello!

Which "cast when damage taken Support" gem level do you guys use? max?
So I see theres some discussion surrounding this build and I just thought id chip my 2 cents in.

Im currently level 94, just recently got my 6-link which was the last big piece needed and im having a blast with this build.
For what it is, its very good and very fun.
While leveling to 94 I was averaging a steady 40m exp/hour, doing t11-13s mostly.
After that, I started trying some higher maps out. I did Colosseum deathless, Pit of Chimera deathless (I can pretty much just facetank him no worries), Forge of the Phoenix with 1 death (his aoe 1-shot, could have avoided it, but I wanted to see if I could tank it), Core with 1 death (during the first phase of the bossfight, no idea how, me being clumsy I suppose).
All of these were corrupted maps, some of them unid.

The boss damage isnt great, but its not horrible. and besides, its not what the build is for. Regular mobs, blues and yellows die pretty much instantly all the way up to t16.
Between lvl 93-94 I died twice, both to 1-shots which I could have avoided.

One thing I want to dabble with is using an Abyssus, I have been running with a Starkonja all this time, and an Abyssus would obviously help with the boss killing time, if I can survive, that is.

Here is my pob for anyone who wants to take a look https://pastebin.com/h95XjUih
Can someone help me with some advice about my gear? I really am struggling right now
whisper me in game if you want to, character name Memeturion.
"
carizcoiso wrote:
"
WillieS wrote:
Did uber atziri a few times, on atizi herself needed to swap to dual strike with hrimsorrow gloves and a dual strike jewel. With abyssus was able to melt split phase before attacks go off. Using starkonja on trio but haven't managed not to die a few times there yet. Practice.

Unrelated question: why do you go Iron Reflexes and Acrobatics? DO you think the 30% dodge is worth losing half armour?

I did uber with acro only, but then afterwards i was testing both and one or the other. Didnt run anything with it tho as i went to bed. Was thinking what to do to survive trio better.

its pretty much
acro 30% dodge
iron reflex 40% dmg reduction

both 30% dodge 25% reduction
Last edited by WillieS on Aug 19, 2017, 2:05:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info