64bit client crashing

"
Kellog wrote:
"
Lord1k wrote:
Disabling MultiThreading worked for me too. But play with 6 cores processor(6800k) when game use only 1 its not good cos my avg fps when i open breach or got ground effect on map is 40-50. On 144hz monitor its look disgusting. GGG fix it pls!

As far as I'm aware, it's the GPU multi-threading you're disabling. The game is still using multiple processor threads.

I have only 1 GPU(GTX 1070) and i test now map with burning ground: avg fps with enable multithreading was 144 and disable multithreading 57. Quote from 2.4 changelog "To disable this feature, change "Engine Multithreading" in the Graphics Options to "Disabled". It is automatically disabled if your CPU has less than four hardware cores." Yeah game using multiple processor threads(2) :D. its 1/3 potential of my CPU.
Could someone with a decent machine (i5 6k +) post what performance impact you have noticed disabling MT? I'm on a 960 GTX and i5 6600k and this league in particular has some nice lag inducing mechanics.

Some guy posted a thread that his MTX tab was full and it was replied to by GGG and fixed within 1 hour. That's the only official GGG post on here I've seen since launch - I thought that was kind of insightful.

Hopefully it's patched soon. Some acknowledgement would go a long way.
Last edited by rEDNiNE150 on Mar 6, 2017, 8:31:56 AM
cant even play anymore every 5mins crash 11th merc lab try alway crashes at the second boss
clicking on portals back to hideout, or anywhere else randomly does it in my case, amd processor

edit: i think i will have to stop playing until its fixed, literally crashing every 30 mins while mapping, awful
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Mar 6, 2017, 8:53:21 AM
"
coyd wrote:
"
As far as I'm aware, it's the GPU multi-threading you're disabling

never heard of GPU multithreading in games

if you look into the NVIDIA control panel i believe they have a specific setting for it.

here is the official multithread announcement:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1705574
Patch 2.3.3

pay attention to the video explanation in the first link by the way it explains the multithreading in game. they also explain just why DX11 multithreading is better.
Last edited by M0rO on Mar 6, 2017, 9:54:28 AM
Adding myself to affected users.

At first, I switch from steam to official client. That is not help me.
Second, I reinstall my Windows 10. That is not help me either.
After I saw this forum thread, I can breathe freely - I am not only one who had those dc-s every couple of hours.
"
rEDNiNE150 wrote:
Could someone with a decent machine (i5 6k +) post what performance impact you have noticed disabling MT? I'm on a 960 GTX and i5 6600k and this league in particular has some nice lag inducing mechanics.

well, i have..

i7-6700
R9 390 8GB
16GB RAM

obviously i cant give you any hard numbers because when multithread is on i crash. like instantly crash.

however there is a definitely noticeable change in things like breaches, perandus, and in general high density/high effect areas where sometimes i can get stuttering and my FPS will drop down. so ya, while you WILL be able to play your FPS may also suffer.
Just adding that I, too, have had regular crashes with "Exception code: 0xc0000005" since the Legacy patch. Also running dx11 client w/ multi-threading enabled on Win7 64 via Steam. It's super-frustrating.
game is unplayable for me... it keeps crashing every time. i had no problems in the last couple leagues.

looking at the logfiles i cant even find an exception... logfiles have no errors, however it keeps crashing every 5 min.
"
Tatwo wrote:
game is unplayable for me... it keeps crashing every time. i had no problems in the last couple leagues.

looking at the logfiles i cant even find an exception... logfiles have no errors, however it keeps crashing every 5 min.

try doing this:
"
Seems disabling multitheading fixes it for me.
Last edited by M0rO on Mar 6, 2017, 11:52:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info