64bit client crashing

Also experiencing the same crash. Happened once/twice from 1-60, but now at 70+ with lots of things happening it's happening every half hour.

Most of the time it causes a "PathofExile_64 has stopped working" dialogue, but a few times it's just closed completely without a trace in either the game logs or the Event Viewer.

It seems to be linked to either changing zones (which makes mapping and trading horrible), or heavy combat.

Honestly, it's like the "Return to character select" crash introduced with the 64bit beta is now present throughout the game.

On the plus side, actual performance when it's NOT crashing is better than ever, so I hope so you find some way to fix this without losing those gains.
"
Hannibus wrote:
dont expect any reply... we are the minority here with dx11 multithreading problem.

I would not call 12 pages in 3 days a minority. Theres prolly much more affected users if not majority
GGG Patch Notes: "Fixed a bug where players actually wanted to play the game"
Has there been any reply from GGG anywhere on this problem?

I've crashed so many times today. Sometimes, back to back in the same map. It's becoming increasingly frustrating.

There seems to be a lot people having this same problem, I don't understand why we haven't gotten a response in this thread yet.
same problem.
fix pls ggg.
Seams to be an issue with multi-threading, I disabled that and I haven't gotten a crash yet after 6+ hrs of game play...switching to either one of the DX9 options did stop me from crashing, now I could be wrong, could just be lucky thus far! Guess only time will tell, hoping disabling that caused it to go away for good...at least until the problem is fixed....
Can we get at least some response that someone is working on it?
Game keeps crushing. Really frustrating! Any fixes?
"
Emdezetius wrote:
Can we get at least some response that someone is working on it?

First of all, from the top sticky in this forum:

"
- Bumping threads -

If you're experiencing a problem, please don't bump similar threads saying you have the same problem.
Instead, provide us with the required information in a new thread and we'll be able to help you more concisely.

Second, from the sticky in the bug forum:
"
Any client crashes or disconnects are sent to us automatically. Report them if you have steps to reproduce the crash, but if you’re not sure why you crashed, then we’ll be investigating the default crash report ourselves.

Lastly, the patches that have come out since 2.6's release have all had crash fixes as a part of them. So yes, they are working on it, why wouldn't they be?

This forum is community driven more than anything else. If you want to talk to GGG about your specific issue, then it's best to email them at techsupport@grindinggear.com.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Last edited by Aragorn14 on Mar 7, 2017, 11:52:05 AM
Same issue here. Just appeared today and already had 5 crashes
same issue game crashing to desktop 12 times in past hour

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info