[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
asdrockyasd wrote:
"
SeanTay92 wrote:
"
asdrockyasd wrote:
I don't know why ppl messing around with rise of the phoneix here. A high ES shield with reduced overtime dmg taken and pantheon with reduced over time damage taken is much more better.(i can do -12 max res maps or vuln. maps as well you really dont need that unique shield).AFter i got more than 8k ES the build started to getting really strong, but until that happened meh xd...so you realy cant miss a good ES shield with Leo craft.

If you are using rise of the phoenix there is absolutely no point having a 6 link shavs since you cant go low life with RF and cant have the dmg boost for SR.

I would recomend getting a cheap shavs(NOT a 6 link) and buying the presence of chayula amulet from your remaining currency.
You will have high enough dmg from rf alone to run any T15 maps just withRF.
If you add a 4 link Scorhing ray with faster casting(obviously for the debuff) you will be capable of killing the guardians as well(except phoenix) and end game izaro easily.

If you are using a +2 sceptre then get Opal rings with inc fire dmg enchant they really boost your dmg.

Get as much ES as you can but with rise of the phoneix you can't really do that.

I think those are the 4 most important thing you should do in order to fix up your slightly working build into a fine enjoyable build.

Almost forgot to mention: lvl up at least to 90 the difference is huge.

First off, i tried switching out a rare titanium shield with leo craft just to see whether ill degen, and the truth is i will degen but i regen fast enough. But however i do not like the idea of my ES shield going down and up by like a few 100 es. Any way to maintain it at max forever without +1 max res in chayula?

Secondly, i did have a lvl 23 purity of fire and vitality on.

But with ROTF, the 8 max res is just too good. Just wanted to ask, our max res is more important in prventing us from degen am i right?

So idk if you saw the video i linked before but even when I was standing my ES didn't move an inch and I dont have that +1 res amulet or that phonenix shield.

The problem is you are aproaching this build as a pure RF build.

1. While on low life you cannot be ignited. This means pain atunement has no meaning your skill tree since you cant use rf on low life.
2. You put an SR gem in a 5 link while you use RF with only 4 link and not even essence crafted gloves.Wut? Why? I could undesrtand if you were saying that you have no currency for that.BUT you are not even supposed to use SR,,, just on bosses. Normal rare and blue mobs would get rekt from only RF in a proper setup as soon as you go over them.You cannot use the benefits what LL could give to SR so basically tha way you use SR is just usless you are not debuffing the bosses with SR fast enogh and you don't have the dps for SR to be worthy to use that in a 5 link setup.

What can I gain with Rise of the phoenix:
I would have like +600 Es regen instead of like +1-2 ES regen but if I need to get my ES back just step aside a bit and let the Guardian Ascendncy do its thing.Thats why Guardian so op.If it is not enough just use sorrow of the divine for 6%+regen.

I Checked out your build.
Here are the results:

Your DPS with RF without any calc or setting is 79513.8
My DPS with RF without any calc or setting is 222775.3
The difference in DPS is HUGE!!! And it wasn't even a buffed full DPS comparsion.
Just because you tried to make your build around the vertex and the rise of the phoenix.

You got about 8700ES while i got about 10150 ES. this is a huge difference as well.

Let me list how much Damage you are losing here:
Weapon actualy you got here +32% compared to my shitty sceptre but is that worthy? xD
Rings: at least -80%increased damage
Shield: at least -60%increased damage //belive it or not that fire dmg increase shields are cheap as hell and you can always annoul to get place for LEO craft//
Gloves: you cant be rich but -30 more overtime dmg is a huge loss for RF
Chest: you are not using LL only have 5 link avaiable for sr you should use sr in a 4 link as a debuff vs bosses and not as main damage when your whole build has the pure RF approach to it.
No pain atunement thats another -30more spell dmg.

-108% increased damage loss for your RF and SR
-30 more damage loss for your RF and without pain attunement you lose 30-more spell dmg for your sr.

Defense loss:
If you are not reaching pain atunement I can say you are losing a lot armor as well.
You are losing a lot enregy shield because you don't have a rare shield.

I know some upgrades takes a "little" amount of currency but if you plan on upgrading your build, you should really drop that shield and the mask as well if you cant get resist from the rings.
And try to use up as much mana as you can since it gives more ES.

Ahfack did really great job "balancing" this build.

If you check out my build it is almost the same as his but with trash rares xD.

I just slamed some high ILV stuff with essences and thats what you need to do to get your items. no need to pay a fortune.And i don't think anyone on poe.trade values that high fire dmg shields and iIhope their prices will be down for a while :D

I am actually on low life. Blood magic support linked to discipline, empower and clarity. I think you saw my build where i took off every gem to try to get max fire res at 82%.

can i get your path of building sir? And thanks for the advice, i currently have currency save up, but to get a decent essence crafted gloves is pretty tough. hopefully can get my hands on one of them!! Thank you so much btw!.
"
Windgaming wrote:
Must be you lack Soul of Arakaali and Soul of Abberath from the Pantheon. And no "reduced damage taken from damage over time" on your shield. But i have to admit that i do not have "reduced damage taken from damage over time" on my shield and i do not degen (both while running or stationary, so it doesn't depend on minor Pantheon god) only 23lvl PoF and Soul of Arakaali, and i prefer Soul of Tukohama instead of Abberath. Had to drop shield mod because found this pretty corrupted thing :P

Thanks for the advice, even with the pantheons I still degen? It's strange, I must be missing something. I'll try grab a shield with that mod see if that helps.
"
ddknight wrote:
Just killed Shaper with this build in harbinger
deathless video here: https://youtu.be/KT9s3DC-gNA
thanks man

AWESOME! Will add to reviews. Great work!
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
FWIW I love the build, and feel it's great. Just wanna sort this issue out XD
"
SuBw00FeR wrote:
FWIW I love the build, and feel it's great. Just wanna sort this issue out XD

Glad you like it!

You're still pretty low level and your gear needs some work.

Good exampel of some league gear with ES shield and sustaining RF you can look at this guy's char:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Anvesi/characters

Char name Anvezi

Work on your ES pool/regen first, damage second. You want to be able to sustain RF first and foremost, then work on your damage after that.
The build is great for virtually everything except maybe party play, as it has some restrictions there.

I did Shaper the first time with quite avg gear, with one death due to being cocky. It also makes Uber lab really trivial. Actually Chimera's adds felt harder than Shaper.

Last edited by TimoJutila on Sep 18, 2017, 5:24:32 AM
Hey Ahfack, trying this build right now but some things aren't clear, at least for me.
You said the first points of ascend should be "time of need - > bastion of hope -> radiant faith - > Unwavering Faith" but, time of need just regen 30% with 5sec cooldown, right?
Shouldn't be better to sustain RF faster if we get the Radiant+Unwavering Faith?

On the guide, u don't say when we should be ready to sustain the RF, what level would be the ideal to start using it? Is there any mandatory thing we should do?
Last edited by darkspawnbr10 on Sep 19, 2017, 11:40:03 AM
"
darkspawnbr10 wrote:
Hey Ahfack, trying this build right now but some things aren't clear, at least for me.
You said the first points of ascend should be "time of need - > bastion of hope -> radiant faith - > Unwavering Faith" but, time of need just regen 30% with 5sec cooldown, right?
Shouldn't be better to sustain RF faster if we get the Radiant+Unwavering Faith?

On the guide, u don't say when we should be ready to sustain the RF, what level would be the ideal to start using it? Is there any mandatory thing we should do?

I level as pure scorching ray until m actually able to equip rotp. I'm generally still life based at this point, and I sustain rf no problem as soon as I can equip it

Was my legacy hardcore character. I was about to swap to low life when I ripped hehe
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
darkspawnbr10 wrote:

I level as pure scorching ray until m actually able to equip rotp. I'm generally still life based at this point, and I sustain rf no problem as soon as I can equip it

Was my legacy hardcore character. I was about to swap to low life when I ripped hehe

Is ROTP so good just because of 6 life regen? I mean, it will be only viable to sustain RF with it?
Max
Fire
Res

Much wow :)
Last edited by Ahfack on Sep 19, 2017, 1:42:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info