[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
Ahfack wrote:
"
Ramziese wrote:
Some people seem to go wands and stack spell damage while others go scepter and stack elemental damage... is one of these superior?

Elemental

It boosts both rf and ray

This makes a lot of sense. Thanks both to you and Windgaming for the responses!

Also, some people seem to go with a +3 unset ring versus a +2 to fire gems scepter for Purity of Fire. The pro to the ring seems to be an additional level to PoF, but you lose out on those sweet opal ring damage stats that way. That said, if one goes with the scepter for the +2 on PoF that means I can't run lesser duration AND increased cast speed for Lightning Warp, which makes it a slower movement skill compared to say shield charge...

Any conclusions on if socketing PoF in a scepter or an unset ring is better? Should I not be using two support gems for Lightning Warp?
"
Ramziese wrote:
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
Ramziese wrote:
Some people seem to go wands and stack spell damage while others go scepter and stack elemental damage... is one of these superior?

Elemental

It boosts both rf and ray

This makes a lot of sense. Thanks both to you and Windgaming for the responses!

Also, some people seem to go with a +3 unset ring versus a +2 to fire gems scepter for Purity of Fire. The pro to the ring seems to be an additional level to PoF, but you lose out on those sweet opal ring damage stats that way. That said, if one goes with the scepter for the +2 on PoF that means I can't run lesser duration AND increased cast speed for Lightning Warp, which makes it a slower movement skill compared to say shield charge...

Any conclusions on if socketing PoF in a scepter or an unset ring is better? Should I not be using two support gems for Lightning Warp?

Np! Glad you're enjoying the build.

Sceptre is superior if you can make it work because there is really no other good prefix to put there (fire dmg prefi makes it so spell damage roll can't roll)

It's the setup I use in standard now and there's no better in the game. Each ring gives me about 1.3k es, 59%fire dmg, and t1 mana regen. The sceptre gives me the POF bonus, 332% combined RF/ray damage, t1mana regen and cast speed.

HNNNNNNG
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Dear god that's sexy... Awesome! Gotta start saving them exalts to afford such baller opal rings and a scepter ;p
"
Ramziese wrote:
Dear god that's sexy... Awesome! Gotta start saving them exalts to afford such baller opal rings and a scepter ;p

Haha thanks! Yeah just let me know.

This is my old alt art unset I made and used before making the sceptre, it's a really good option too, but now that sceptre exists, it's no contest :)
Loving this build.. had a lot of fun leveling with it, it was a bit tough at times, but i made it through the campaign at level 67... Now i am level 69 and doing maps and having some issues with damage avoidance.. If i lightning warp into a group of enemies, i get annihilated before RF kills them... so i've been avoiding doing that and leaning heavily on the ranged damage of scorching ray

My question is... what am i missing in terms of damage avoidance? If i get hit and that ES drops... I am toast... I've never played a low life build before, so i'm just trying to understand what I am doing wrong... I'm not quite melting things fast enough that I can face tank it based on my current ES values.

any help is greatly appreciated.
"
Beepharoni wrote:
Loving this build.. had a lot of fun leveling with it, it was a bit tough at times, but i made it through the campaign at level 67... Now i am level 69 and doing maps and having some issues with damage avoidance.. If i lightning warp into a group of enemies, i get annihilated before RF kills them... so i've been avoiding doing that and leaning heavily on the ranged damage of scorching ray

My question is... what am i missing in terms of damage avoidance? If i get hit and that ES drops... I am toast... I've never played a low life build before, so i'm just trying to understand what I am doing wrong... I'm not quite melting things fast enough that I can face tank it based on my current ES values.

any help is greatly appreciated.

1. Your extremely low level. Concentrate on leveling and not doing maps with hard mods.
2. you're essentially rocking a 2l righteous fire. Invest in a pair of delirium gloves with 30dot on them. Your gloves are shit anyway, so you could either buy some or just grab a pair of white sorc gloves and throw an essence of delirium on them. Craft +34es at haku and call it good (or 64life if you get a decent es roll) 4l'ing your RF in delirium gloves very important.
3. At 75 get a doryani catalyst
4. get rid of empower, put in efficiacy or whatever it's called. Check the build guide, I've updated the links for 3.0 Efficiacy beats out empower unless you got a +1 shavs
5. Get a couple 1h's for your secondary weapon setup and level up scorching ray's in them. This will allow you to level up 6 scorching ray's and vaal them once they get to lvl 20. TBH, scorching ray length isn't that important for PVE so you don't have to even 20q them if you don't want to. Great damage boost from 20->21
6. Eventually get good es on all gear, replace your pyres
7. You need to level the shit out of your gems. lvl 9 purity of fire, wtf? lol
8. lots moer to work on, you haven't made that much progress at all. start on this list and concentrate on leveling
Thanks for the quick response.. I just hit the end of the story mode today.. So I'm trying to do these level 1 maps with blue mods on them only... I'll work on those gloves asap, and see about tending to the rest of the list

Again, appreciate your quick response.
Could anyone check over my gear quickly and see if i should fix up anything?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SuBw00FeR/characters

Also I've noticed that I still degen with RF on is that normal? I have a 23 Purity of Fire from the unset ring, capped all rez's etc.

I'm using Arctic Armour instead of purity of lightning as I don't need the res from lightning and don't have a level 4 enlighten to run a 3rd purity, so instead I run AA to get the extra aura.

8.2k es buffed up.

edit: Oh and what pantheons?
Last edited by SuBw00FeR on Sep 17, 2017, 4:35:28 AM
"
SuBw00FeR wrote:
Could anyone check over my gear quickly and see if i should fix up anything?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SuBw00FeR/characters

Also I've noticed that I still degen with RF on is that normal? I have a 23 Purity of Fire from the unset ring, capped all rez's etc.

I'm using Arctic Armour instead of purity of lightning as I don't need the res from lightning and don't have a level 4 enlighten to run a 3rd purity, so instead I run AA to get the extra aura.

8.2k es buffed up.

edit: Oh and what pantheons?

Must be you lack Soul of Arakaali and Soul of Abberath from the Pantheon. And no "reduced damage taken from damage over time" on your shield. But i have to admit that i do not have "reduced damage taken from damage over time" on my shield and i do not degen (both while running or stationary, so it doesn't depend on minor Pantheon god) only 23lvl PoF and Soul of Arakaali, and i prefer Soul of Tukohama instead of Abberath. Had to drop shield mod because found this pretty corrupted thing :P
Last edited by Windgaming on Sep 17, 2017, 5:36:41 AM
Just killed Shaper with this build in harbinger
deathless video here: https://youtu.be/KT9s3DC-gNA
thanks man

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info