[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

______

2nd run :D not too shabby

3.2 Update: Very nice buff to the build. 10% extra block on attack and 10% extra spell block on cast. Spell block was one of the only things we didn't have that much of, so it's very nice to have a bit of extra free spell block :) No other changes.

☑ Extremely Tanky
☑ 3.2 Viable Pure ES Build
☑ Reflect Immune
☑ Great Uber Lab Farmer
☑ Satisfying Shaper Farmer
☑ Relaxed RF Playstyle
☑ Great for doing all bosses
☑ Don't wake up in the morning and wonder where all your exp went from the night before when you were drinking/sleepy :D

Click below for:

AhfackNoPants - Pants On Fire! - Low Life Righteous Fire Scorching Ray Guardian 100% Ready for 3.2 - All OK! 3.1 Video Guide ONLINE!

Ahfack - Crimson Cyclone - 100% Pure Physical Cyclone Slayer
100% Ready for 3.1! Video Guide ONLINE!

Ahfackme - AhPackt - MoM 10k eHP+ Dark Pact High Regen Berserker (Under Construction)

Please DO NOT MSG ME IN GAME OR PM ON FORUMS WITH QUESTIONS. Post here so everyone can read it! Thanks :)

Disclaimer:

WORK IN PROGRESS

This is a self-cast, reflect-immune, tanky build that also deals good damage. This is not a 7M DPS speedy glass cannon build. If that's what you want, exit this thread right now :)

This build is meant to be able to do all content while also leveling and not abusing broken mechanics.

Yes, this build is in standard, and yes it includes GG gear. Low life builds are not budget builds. I love life builds, but I feel that LLRF Guardian will always be superior to RF life builds when talking about a harmonious blend of damage and survivability of RF.

What's the point m8?

A GG, Tanky, HC-Viable, Reflect Immune, Pure-ES caster that can do all content with a safe, yet satisfying playstyle.

Ya, but how?

We Scale ES pool, Regen, Auras, and Fire Damage wherever we can, while maintaining a harmonious balance of damage and tankiness from our many Auras.

Oi! Isn't ES dead? Why would I want to play a pure ES build during the life meta?

ES is not dead, attack-based ES builds are having trouble since they can no longer instantly leech ES. ES regen builds are fine in league, and even more so in standard. We do not hit, therefore reflect is not an issue. Since we do not hit, we aren't stuck relying on leech.

Get on with it already! I'm about to fall asleep, play PUBG, or beat it to some weird internet stuff...

Le'go!

GEAR

GG/Endgame Gear Overview Click-->

Gear Detail Click-->

Chest:

If you're low-life, you need to be wearing a Shavs so Chaos Damage doesn't bypass your energy shield. A +1 Gems Shavs is not necessary, but it is one of the highest pure damage upgrades for this build, period. A double legacy Shavs isn't really worth the price tag associated, I would really recommend a +1 Gems shavs instead. For leveling, you can use a Solaris Lorica.

Weapon:

Any sceptre with lots of elemental/fire dmg with good cast speed is what you want. A free prefix for leo-crafted 30%DoT is great since that boosts both SR and RF. If you can get a rare sceptre with +2 Fire Gems in order to achieve Level 23 Purity of Fire, that would also be a BiS prefix for us. A Doryani's Catalyst is a great unique for this slot. Sceptre is great so you can use Shield Charge while leveling, and eventually swap to Lightning Warp for endgame/boss farming.

Shield:

Arguably one of the most important pieces of the build is a good spell damage shield with crafted rDoT. If you're in Standard, get one with legacy 20%, but if you're in league the regular 5% can work just fine. Springleaf will be used for early leveling with RF. Once you can equip a Rise of the Phoenix, it will be your go-to shield. After RotP, an Elder ES shield with +2 Max Fire Res and a free suffix for 5%rDoT is BiS. It is a good way to keep your regen up while gaining 1k+ES from Rise of the Phoenix.

Helmet:

The highest-rolled ES helm with a mana reservation enchant is BiS for us. Since we turn Life into ES with Presence of Chayula, a solid ES/Life helm is also usable. For league play, Vertex is a great helm for this slot. It is quite affordable, can give ~300 flat ES, and gives us +1 Gems for our auras and enlighten.

Gloves:

A solid pair of Rare Delirium gloves are BiS for us. 30% MORE DoT essentially turns our RF into a 5L at no additional cost. Dex is a great suffix to have on gloves since we cannot get it on helmet or boots. Commandment of Light enchant is the best Enchant for us since it drops Consecrated Ground. CG gives us 6% ES Regen, which is MASSIVE. You could run any difficulty of lab to get the 6% regen from the enchant, it doesn't have to be the Uber lab/Commandment version, as that only scales the damage it proc's around you.

Boots:

Death's Door with a 2% Regen enchant is the safest pair of boots for us. Bleed immunity is GG since we run RF. We don't want any unexpected sources of DoT to catch us. Strength is great for us as well since we need strength for Vitality and Blood Magic. Sin Trek is another good option, especially for league play.

Belt:

3.1 brought a very important, new mod for us! The Shaper-exclusive mod of "20% Increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate". This is one of the most important mods for this build since it boosts our ES regen significantly. Once you are able to, having this mod on a belt is essential. You can go with either a Crystal belt base for 80 flat ES implicit, or a Stygian Vise in order to use an Abyss Jewel. I prefer a Stygian Vise. Essence of Spite for 55int+ is also quite useful on a belt since INT gives us both ES% and mana (which turns into more ES). Lastly, the shaper-exclusive mod of 10% Maximum energy shield is another amazing mod for us for obvious reasons. 3.1 definitely gave us a lot to choose from in the belt department!

Amulet:

Presence of Chayula is almost the centerpiece of the entire build! Stun immunity, life transforming into ES, and even 60% Chaos resistance. This is indisputably the best neck for this character. +1 Max Res is the best corruption but is quite expensive. 4% Extra Block is a pretty handy corruption for us as well.

Rings:

Rings are a great source of ES and damage for us. Essence of Anger crafted Opals are BiS for us. You also want them to have Flat ES, Life, Intelligence, and if you are in Standard league, a ring with 20%ES is a must. If you are in Temporary league, your last prefix should be Mana. Since we are guardian, Mana also translates to ES. Your last suffix should be Mana Regen for the sustain or a res/stat you might need. If you do not have a +2 fire gems sceptre, a +2 or +3 unset ring is also a great spot to put your Purity of Fire in order to achieve Level 23.

Budget Build recommendations

"
ddknight wrote:
Just killed Shaper with this build in harbinger
deathless video here: https://youtu.be/KT9s3DC-gNA
thanks man

Sin Trek boots are great to level with and very affordable.

Stone Golem is great to achieve more regen

Also, Regen from helping Oak while leveling can help sustain RF as well.

Other options to consider are as follows:

1%regen from oak
Level 23 pof
High level stone golem
5%rdot pantheon
5%fire damage pantheon
2% regen enchant on boots
6% regen from consecrated ground (glove enchant and flask)
Springleaf shield for 6% regen while leveling as LLRF
Rise of the Phoenix Shield for +max fire res
+2%max fire res elder ES shield, multimod with 5% rdot can achieve ~300ES.

Lots of options

Flasks

Any good rumi's you can find will certainly help. Block is important to us because the longer we can let the Ray build and do it's thing, the more dmg we do. I would value the spell damage roll higher than the regular roll since we're more than likely capped on block every 5seconds through ascendancy.

This is the closest thing to a life flask you will ever have. Get the highest duration you can find and you will love it. You could also just as easily roll/buy a magic one with increased duration and another mod you like on there. I choose to use this because it's so common, the duration of 6.70 seconds is longer than a magic Sulphur, and you still get 3 uses out of it.

Witchfire Brew is a great defensive and offensive flask for us. Free Level 21 Despair curse, Smoke cloud on use, and extra DoT. This flask is the trifecta!

Being chilled/frozen is really frustrating for us (especially with death's doors). Also, we need help speeding through maps and keeping up with all of those pathfinders we might be mapping with! If you're playing solo, you could replace one of the quicksilvers with a Ruby Flask to act as a pseudo-life flask as well.

For Uber Atziri and harder bosses, I use Perpetual Ruby Flask of Adrenaline

Jewels / Abyss Jewels

Energy Within unique jewel is a good option for us by the Melding wheel. Rare jewels are also very important. They are a good souce of damage and ES for us, as there's only so many efficient ES/damage nodes to get on the tree. In league, you want 8% ES on ALL jewels, followed by some of the following damage mods prioritized in this order: increased burning damage, fire damage, damage over time, global damage, cast speed, spell damage, and any res/stats you might need.

For Abyss Jewels, it's very straight forward. Flat ES is top priority, followed by damage over time while holding a shield, flat life, Increased damage if you've killed recently, Regen while moving, Onslaught chance, movement speed or any other res/stat you might need.

For Watcher's Eye Jewel, I would prioritize the ES Recovery Rate mod first. ES gained/clarity mod is really good for raw ES gain, but the recovery brings more to the build. Other good mods are any mod that is useful for us for auras we run like the 3 purities, clarity, discipline, or vitality.

Leveling with LLRF from Level 34+: Video by Shinrha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIvm5napimE

This is a VERY USEFUL video to watch if you want to level as LLRF. Some people prefer leveling with Scorching Ray, Cast When Channeling, Firestorm. I personally leveled as a pure scorching ray in HC.

GEMS

Chest

If you are using a +1 Gems Shavs, replace Swift Affliction with Empower 4:

Gloves

Swapping AoE out for Concentrated Effect is handy if you lack some RF DMG on bosses/certain map mods.

Helm

These are 3 of our main Auras we reserve on Mana.

Boots

These are our two Auras we reserve on life in order to achieve "Low-Life" You want your Discipline as high as you can get it, but don't level your clarity up too much. You can also replace Empower with Stone Golem if you need some more Regen. If you intend on running Hall of Grandmasters, be sure your life is not reserved below 20%, as slayers can instantly cull you. I achieve this by simply taking out the empower before I run the map.

Sceptre

You want Orb of Storms linked to Increased Critical Strikes Support in order to proc Elemental Overload and Elemental Equilibrium on enemies. If you have a +2 Fire Gems prefix on your sceptre, you can achieve a level 23 Purity of Fire. If you do not, an unset ring with +2/3 gems is another good option.

Shield

You want to use Lightning warp for endgame/boss farming. For leveling/chaining maps, you can use Shield charge with:

Shield Charge, Faster Attacks, Fortify while leveling.

TREES + ASCENDANCY + BANDIT CHOICE + PANTHEON POWERS + STATS

Ascendancy Points
Time of Need -> Radiant Faith -> Unwavering Faith -> Bastion of Hope

Trees
Leveling + Endgame Passive Trees

These are just rough guidelines, trees can be altered to ensure you are comfortable with the gear you have collected. You want to maintain a good balance of damage and survivability. That depends greatly on how much ES your gear has.

Also, these trees are for standard league. For temp league, I would take away 2 points and pick 1% regen from Oak to help sustain RF.

Level 96 - www.poeurl.com/bJP2
Level 100 - www.poeurl.com/bJP3

For leveling trees, info, gear, and even leveling as life-based Click below:
Detailed Leveling Notes

These are meant to help you get ideas on how to level. This is how I chose to level in Legacy Hardcore league. Things could be different now. Don't hold these to a very high standard, but as another tool at your disposal on coming up with what works best for you!

Level 35 Legacy Hardcore
"
Ahfack wrote:
Okay, I'm playing this in Legacy Hardcore and here's what my stuff looks like at level 35 with shit gear mostly SSF, just downed voll and will be trying to farm a bit for some better res gear for cruel. I don't have a lot of play time available at the moment so just slowly playing through when I get a chance.

Again, this is Hardcore so I'm going for tanky now, dmg later. I am not going for quickest clearing as I would prefer to stay alive instead :)

Lvl 35 Tree

I will most likely setup a lvl 1 cwdt - vortex - ice spear - vuln in order to take care of cursing/proc EE/EO

Ice spear is a great cwdt method of proc'ing ee/eo because it has 600%inc crit chance on explosion

Right now I'm running blasphemy/flammability only because I found a flammability and got blasphemy from a quest reward. I just got lvl'd enough to use rapid decay in my 4l instead of iron will. Iron will is nice because it's free, but rapid decay is definitely more dmg.

Level 63 Gear - Merciless Act 2

Chest was 3c, sceptre and shield both self found, helm 10alt, gloves 1alch, boots 3c, belt 1alch (that life and lvl requirement gg), ruby ring self found, moonstone 2alch, talisman 10alt

Total gear cost = ~10 chaos

Leveling offhand:

Remember to be leveling up extra scorching rays in your offhand!

Level 63 Notes
I was running blasphemy/vuln - Vitality - Purity of Fire auras and was able to sustain scorching ray.

Where was I going to go next?

At level 65 I was going to incorporate:

for +8% Max Fire Res

This is a cheap alternative that will help you sustain RF until you can get your lowlife gear saved up and a nice spell dmt 20%rdot shield.

I had just gotten the 2nd aura effectiveness/reduced mana reserved cluster
Here is what the tree looked like:

Level 63
PoE-Tree
PoE Planner Tree

I would go immediately for Influence next, the 3rd and final aura effectiveness node, and then Growth and Decay.

Level 72 Life Tree/Notes
Here is a Projected level 72 Tree

Then start working on your jewel slots to stack dmg/cast spd/life (or es)

On jewels you want either life% or es% on ALL jewels - followed by fire dmg/damage over time/cast spd/spell dmg

Lvl72-80 ES Gearing

ES Gear Tips:

First thing to do is replace your chest with something 400es+ and has lightning res on it like a shavs would have, so when you finally make the switch to shavs, it's a drop-in replacement to the gear you already have and built around. You need to get a 5L shavs before you make the transition to lowlife, but until you save up ~8ex, this will get you by:

At this moment, looks like there are Chest options between 10c-20c
LSC league, per your character:

http://poe.trade/search/nominousigiwon

Your helm needs to have 250es+ on it and at least dual res
Remember, an open suffix is great too for 30dex/30str/30int/crafted res of your choosing
Looks like there are several options for 3-7c at the moment:
http://poe.trade/search/aurakootahimiu

Dual Res Crystal Belt will be abit more expensive, if it has life on it, remember that will add up to be more ES when you finally get presence of chayula
about 40-70c it looks like at the moment:
http://poe.trade/search/oyoyomtekinoka

Replace those boots with some rare dual res 150es+ boots with 25%+ move speed. Until you can afford Death Door boots, use your boot slot for as much ES as you can get. Get as close to 200es as you can, but don't spend too much. Int suffix is nice because that's even more es%, or even a dual res with an open suffix for 30str/30dex/30int master craft is fine too.
Tons of options for 20-30c:
http://poe.trade/search/komobositakuho

Gloves you want 130es+ with dualres or res/high dex roll.
Looks like there are some options for 3-9c:
http://poe.trade/search/ikunotaruritak

Rings should have ES/life/res/str/dex. Strength is always handy because we use Iron Will, and we need lots of dex for Rapid Decay. If you find something REALLY nice with an open prefix, remember you can craft 5-20%es for 1ex later using masters
Lots of options for 1-10c depending on what you want to get
http://poe.trade/search/naitinahauhoki

Amulet, you can do either eye of chayula if you are able to wear it (stats/res), or just pick a rare one much like your rings to help out with es/life/stats/res:
http://poe.trade/search/anoyarisininam

Level 90 Life Tree and Level 90 ES Tree
Here is a Level 90 Life Tree

At or before this point you should start to have some usable ES items saved up and hopefully are ready to make the change to ES/lowlife soon.

Here is a Level 90 ES Tree

Bandit Choice
Click-->
Temp League: OAK for 1% Regen (Also use Stone Golem if you need to in order to sustain RF with a rare ES shield)
Standard League: Kill them All

Pantheon Powers:

Major:

Soul of Arakaali for 5% rDoT + Captured Arachnoxia (50% increased Recovery rate of Life and ES if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time recently)

Minors:

Soul of Abberath for 5% Fire Damage Taken while moving
or
Soul of Tukohama w/ Towering Ancient for up to 2% Regen while stationary.

Ahfack's (a)FAQ

Work in Progress! Please review the thread. I'll try to put together a FAQ in the near future. If you would like to see something added to the FAQ, LEAVE A COMMENT formatted like:

How do you not get culled in Hall of Grandmasters?
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
DarkKaine wrote:
Quick question: won't you get destroyed near instantly when attempting to clear Hall of Grandmasters? My previous Low-life character just got culled with 12k ES. Feels bad man.

Under the "Boots Gems" section:

"
If you intend on running Hall of Grandmasters, be sure your life is not reserved below 20%, as slayers can instantly cull you. I achieve this by simply taking out the empower before I run the map.

How do you run all the MANA auras? I got 0 mana left!
With rare helm, you must have enlighten 4 + reservation enchant OR conqueror's efficiency jewel.

With Vertex, you can use enlighten level 3 + reservation enchant OR conqueror's efficiency jewel.

How do I gear a Fresh character?

Remember, LL builds require some currency to get going. I would recommend in the following order:

1. Shavs
2. Chayula amulet
3. Death door (ideally with 2% regen) or Sin Trek if you prefer just using a bleed flask for anti-bleed
4. Vertex
5. Doryani
6. Delirium Sorcerer Gloves
7. ES% Recovery Belt
8. 2% Max Fire Res + 5rdot shield
9. Essence of Anger Opal Rings

Stay Tuned! More to come...

🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Mar 14, 2018, 4:14:24 PM
Last bumped on Jan 4, 2019, 10:42:17 PM
Old Thread

[3.0] AhfackNoPants - What ES Nerf? Complete Shaper Run LL RF SR Guardian
https://youtu.be/-BcDFVyTYN8

I Will be revamping this thread in the next week. It's kind of a mess right now :)

Click Above for build reviews from real league players

Disclaimer:
order
This is a self-cast, reflect-immune, tanky build that also deals good damage. This is not a 7M DPS speedy glass cannon build. If that's what you want, exit this thread right now :)

This build is meant to be able to do all content while also leveling and not abusing broken mechanics.

Every ES build has taken a hit, and we must face those facts. What I've done here is try to keep true to the original build that so many (including myself) enjoyed, while also adapting it for a post 3.0 ES nerf world. Not much has changed. Even after the RF/SR nerfs, our damage is very similar (1.8M total down to 1.75M) now using Burning Damage as a MORE modifier instead of Iron Will in our 6L.

Our RF was buffed a bit from 615k to 655k, while our SR fell a bit from 1.18M to 1.09M. These are still REALLY good numbers for being as tanky as we are.

Yes, this build is in standard, and yes it includes GG gear. Low life builds are not budget builds. I love life builds, but I feel that LLRF Guardian will always be superior to various other life builds when talking about a harmonious blend of damage and survivability of LLRF.

Please check the thread where the "leveling" portion and life iterations still exist and are still extremely relevant for league play. This build really shines in standard where 190% Shavs are common, and other legacy ES gear is as well, but I'm sure some of you can make this work in league too. I will most likely be doing a life iteration of this again in Harbinger Hardcore, as I had a great time doing it on an extremely low budget in LHC as well and made it to lvl 88. Going for lvl 90 in HHC this time!

Here are the PoB links that include all of my gear/tree/calcs etc... I will put an updated shaper/endgame content vid after a couple weeks into harbinger. Please review the thread before asking questions, as it might have been answered already. If it hasn't been answered, please post in this thread in lieu of pm'ing me, and I'm happy to help however I can.

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.0 PoE link to tree:

3.0 PoE Website Passive Link to Tree - AhfackNoPants LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian

I need to update the guide, but until I do here are the new links for 3.0 you should be using I your 6l: Basically replace rapid decay/swift affliction with efficacy. If you don't have high level empower or a +1gems chest, use swift affliction in it's place.

"
DeathCoreLeo wrote:
Hello. If i have regular shavronne without + 1 lvl to gems and 21 lvl sr then we use 4 lvl empower or swift affliction?

Again, these numbers are with my setup

If you don't have a +1 shavs then you are better of using Swift Affliction:

Swift Affliction 20/20 = 45%
Empower 4 = 39%

Order of Ascendancy points
"
Whitezilla wrote:
Hi,

do you have any recommandations on ascendancies while leveling?
What do you think i should get first, second, third?

thank you

greetings

time of need - > bastion of hope -> radiant faith - > Unwavering Faith

if you are doing life based, radiant faith won't do you that much good so you could spec into the warcry one or charges one until you complete uber.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[3.0] PoB Link: https://pastebin.com/E8AvUXFV
Scorching Ray: 1,211,020 DoT DPS (743,295 Shaper DoT DPS)
Righteous Fire: 871,137 DoT DPS (630,447 Shaper DoT DPS)
Total: 2.08 DoT DPS (1,373,742 Shaper DoT DPS)
ES Total: 15,059 ES

Calculating your RF Damage while using Scorching Ray
Also when calculating your RF damage (I use con effect on shaper) do it like this:

-24% fire res from the 8 stages of -3% fire res of Scorching Ray

Details/3.0 PoB Damage/ES Calculation Explainations
"
Windgaming wrote:
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
natherox wrote:
OK on the Scorching Ray my dps in POB says:

Level 3 Empower \\ 20/20 SR: 366,714 DPS

No Empower \\ 20/20 Swift \\ 20/20 SR: 427,974 DPS

Level 4 Empower \\ 21/20 SR: 458,179 DPS

No Empower \\ 21/20 SR \\ 20/20 Swift: 475,728 DPS

Level 4 Empower \\ +1 Shavs \\ 21/20 SR: 511,754 DPS

No Empower \\ 21/20 SR \\ 20/20 Swift \\ +1 Shavs: 532,214 DPS

Why would Ahfack be using empower at all when it looks like you get more from swift?
Maybe I'm missing something. Please let me know if I am because I would love to get the maximum dmg from my SR.

Thx!

I'll run mine through PoB when I get off work. This guide was made in 2.5 - 2 big patches before eff came out and before rapid decay was switched to swift affliction. So it's all still pretty New. Thanks for feedback!

looking forward. Anyway, the build is great. The only thing im missing is the right enchant on my helmet, it's such a pain in the ass! :(

haha, great to hear! ;) if you think about it, we're actually very lucky being able to get 5 different enchants to help us out.

Discipline
Purity of Fire
Purity of Lightning
Purity of Ice
Vitality

All of them are the same to us, most builds only have 1 BiS enchant, but we have FIVE! so that's over a 1/75 chance instead of a 1/300 enchant chance :)

OKAY

After further review, empower 4 is still BiS given my setup listed on this page.

Swift Affliction: 46.4% More DoT

Empower 4: 55.8% DoT

Also when calculating your Scorching Ray damage, be sure your vuln flask is up in PoB, you're on lowlife, and your enemy has been hit by cold or light damage recently:

I need to update my damage because it's gone up since I made my mirror sceptre.

Why isn't your damage as good as mine? Jewels, gear, and levels! More dmg obviously = more dmg, but more ES also = more dmg because of RF.

"How can I get more ES in League? You have legacy ES items wahhh" yes, this build was introduced as a build made in standard, and not cheap! There are cheap iterations that can happen.

50+int on EVERYTHING is GG, including essence crafting a belt.

Also Jewels are G-Frickin'-G for this build fellas. It takes lots of buying 3mods and slamming them to get what you need. Don't buy overpriced jewels

Original 2.6 Thread for detailed explanations:

AhfackNoPants Low Life Scorching Ray

Deathless Shaper + Tree/Gear (5:47)

https://youtu.be/9wYYhMi9eVk

I didn't create this build as a budget build, but you can definitely do a budget iteration for under 1ex. There is a "Budget Build" section and a "Leveling" section at the bottom that can get you started. I have min-maxed the pure damage of Scorching Ray the best I can while keeping my character tanky and mobile. You can sacrifice a bit of tank for a bit more dmg and vice versa. Do what feels right for you.

I created this character to be able to solo content, while also being a decent support for a party if an Aurabot isn't around. Also he melts bosses :D

I have 15,754ES wearing a 181% shavs, 81/81/82 Res, death door boots, and chaos spammed gloves/helm. My shield/rings are original crafts, and they do contribute greatly to the damage output as well as some tankiness for the build. You can find more information on them inside the gear spoiler.

I use Orb of Storms and Lightning Warp to proc Elemental Overload and Elemental Equilibrium, but you can use whatever method you prefer (Sceptre/shield charge etc...). I do not rely on curses to primarily scale my damage, but I do use a Witchfire Brew flask.

With 2.6, we now have TONS more AoE on our RF

Our Scorching Ray has 1.2k more DoTps, and .01 less cast time!

102.3k DoTps

Bandits
Kill them all!!!!
3 passives means a jewel slot, and jewel slots are great for this build

Jewels

Along with GG jewelery/shield, jewels are also a great source of damage and tank for this build as well.

Focus on these in this order of priority:
Max ES, Fire Damage, Damage over Time, Spell Damage, Cast speed

Remember, RF doesn't get scaled off spell damage, but it does get scaled off of ele/dot/fire dmg. Also area, but Ray does not get scaled off of area, so I wouldn't get Area. Only get affixes that benefit both ray/rf or ray/cast spd

Char Sheet

Casts per second: 3.16
Mana Regen with clarity: 130
Mana Regen without clarity: 55

n, an eye of chayula will work fine.

Notes on certain Map Mods

Avoid No Regen - Ray doesn't hit so that means it doesn't leech. We gotta have Regen

Slow Regen, leave a couple Mana auras off and carry a mana flask

Can do Vulnerabilty with no RF or ROTP shield

Can do -max res with no RF or ROTP shield

More Footage

Twin Abyss, extra dmg & extra crit Minotaur, More life & extra dmg Hydra
https://youtu.be/PYdBFvdzW4I

Legacy Hardcore footage
"
Ahfack wrote:
[2.6][LHC] SpreadYourLegacies - Malachai Normal Difficulty - Scorching Ray
https://youtu.be/JHWTQl7DAYI

Doing a Legacy Hardcore version of AhfackNoPants LL RF SR. This footage is just from normal difficulty. Haven't had a lot of time to grind yet ;). I'm using Shield Charge as my movement skill, and Scorching Ray is just on a 4l with complete shit gear.

"
Ahfack wrote:
[2.6][LHC] SpreadYourLegacies - Izaro Cruel Difficulty

https://youtu.be/FZ_5ENqiFiU

Leveling Notes

Level 35 Legacy Hardcore
"
Ahfack wrote:
Okay, I'm playing this in Legacy Hardcore and here's what my stuff looks like at level 35 with shit gear mostly SSF, just downed voll and will be trying to farm a bit for some better res gear for cruel. I don't have a lot of play time available at the moment so just slowly playing through when I get a chance.

Again, this is Hardcore so I'm going for tanky now, dmg later. I am not going for quickest clearing as I would prefer to stay alive instead :)

Lvl 35 Tree

I will most likely setup a lvl 1 cwdt - vortex - ice spear - vuln in order to take care of cursing/proc EE/EO

Ice spear is a great cwdt method of proc'ing ee/eo because it has 600%inc crit chance on explosion

Right now I'm running blasphemy/flammability only because I found a flammability and got blasphemy from a quest reward. I just got lvl'd enough to use rapid decay in my 4l instead of iron will. Iron will is nice because it's free, but rapid decay is definitely more dmg.

Level 63 Gear - Merciless Act 2

Chest was 3c, sceptre and shield both self found, helm 10alt, gloves 1alch, boots 3c, belt 1alch (that life and lvl requirement gg), ruby ring self found, moonstone 2alch, talisman 10alt

Total gear cost = ~10 chaos

Leveling offhand:

Remember to be leveling up extra scorching rays in your offhand!

Level 63 Notes
I was running blasphemy/vuln - Vitality - Purity of Fire auras and was able to sustain scorching ray.

Where was I going to go next?

At level 65 I was going to incorporate:

for +8% Max Fire Res

This is a cheap alternative that will help you sustain RF until you can get your lowlife gear saved up and a nice spell dmt 20%rdot shield.

I had just gotten the 2nd aura effectiveness/reduced mana reserved cluster
Here is what the tree looked like:

Level 63
PoE-Tree
PoE Planner Tree

I would go immediately for Influence next, the 3rd and final aura effectiveness node, and then Growth and Decay.

Level 72 Life Tree/Notes
Here is a Projected level 72 Tree

Then start working on your jewel slots to stack dmg/cast spd/life (or es)

On jewels you want either life% or es% on ALL jewels - followed by fire dmg/damage over time/cast spd/spell dmg

Lvl72-80 ES Gearing

ES Gear Tips:

First thing to do is replace your chest with something 400es+ and has lightning res on it like a shavs would have, so when you finally make the switch to shavs, it's a drop-in replacement to the gear you already have and built around. You need to get a 5L shavs before you make the transition to lowlife, but until you save up ~8ex, this will get you by:

At this moment, looks like there are Chest options between 10c-20c
LSC league, per your character:

http://poe.trade/search/nominousigiwon

Your helm needs to have 250es+ on it and at least dual res
Remember, an open suffix is great too for 30dex/30str/30int/crafted res of your choosing
Looks like there are several options for 3-7c at the moment:
http://poe.trade/search/aurakootahimiu

Dual Res Crystal Belt will be abit more expensive, if it has life on it, remember that will add up to be more ES when you finally get presence of chayula
about 40-70c it looks like at the moment:
http://poe.trade/search/oyoyomtekinoka

Replace those boots with some rare dual res 150es+ boots with 25%+ move speed. Until you can afford Death Door boots, use your boot slot for as much ES as you can get. Get as close to 200es as you can, but don't spend too much. Int suffix is nice because that's even more es%, or even a dual res with an open suffix for 30str/30dex/30int master craft is fine too.
Tons of options for 20-30c:
http://poe.trade/search/komobositakuho

Gloves you want 130es+ with dualres or res/high dex roll.
Looks like there are some options for 3-9c:
http://poe.trade/search/ikunotaruritak

Rings should have ES/life/res/str/dex. Strength is always handy because we use Iron Will, and we need lots of dex for Rapid Decay. If you find something REALLY nice with an open prefix, remember you can craft 5-20%es for 1ex later using masters
Lots of options for 1-10c depending on what you want to get
http://poe.trade/search/naitinahauhoki

Amulet, you can do either eye of chayula if you are able to wear it (stats/res), or just pick a rare one much like your rings to help out with es/life/stats/res:
http://poe.trade/search/anoyarisininam

Level 90 Life Tree and Level 90 ES Tree
Here is a Level 90 Life Tree

At or before this point you should start to have some usable ES items saved up and hopefully are ready to make the change to ES/lowlife soon.

Here is a Level 90 ES Tree

2.6 Work-In-Progress Dmg Screenshots/Notes

Big damage boosts come from things that add flat dmg like a lvl 21 Scorching Ray gem, lvl 4 empower, and ofc the dream chest the +1 shavs which adds 2 levels (if empowered) to your Scorching Ray.

Due to personal preference to boost my RF damage exponentially, I changed my helm enchant from 40% SR damage to an Aura reservation. Now my RF is in 4l Delerium gloves and my LW is 3L in shield.

Also I'm missing a 12% ele dmg node on tree atm until I get my final gloves, so, missing out on the 52% SR dmg, I'm around 97k atm.

Screenshots!

Town:
Spoiler

Low life/auras no RF:
Spoiler

Low life/auras/RF:
Spoiler

Low life/auras/RF/flasks:
Spoiler

Everything:
Spoiler

Harbinger League: Deathless Shaper Video/gear links with 8k ES!
"
ddknight wrote:
Just killed Shaper with this build in harbinger
deathless video here: https://youtu.be/KT9s3DC-gNA
thanks man

Harbinger League: Most fun I've had in PoE since 2012!
"
Anvesi wrote:
A 'short' build review:

As someone who has been playing since closed beta, this build is by far the most fun build I've had in PoE since 2012. I've been playing LL Guardian RF/SR for the past 2 leagues, and I keep getting amazed at how well tinkered and balanced it is. This build takes some best things from several different sides and combines them to make one smooth running machine.

So what's it all about?
You're a tank plowing through everything. You feel powerful. You can take nearly everything in the game face on without worrying too much. You have an active play style, Righteous Fire is good to kill small stuff by just running past them and giving them a disappointing look at how weak they are. When something appears worth your attention, you unleash your fire-laser at it and it will literally melt. Something inferior tries to hit you...at least you think. Your energy shield doesn't budge an inch. You're almost a god, exile.

Ahfack's LLRF Guardian takes a far underestimated ascendancy who has amazing defensive capabilities. One could argue that it's pretty much the best choice for low life. Then we take Righteous fire, and scorching ray who both work extremely well with low life, and coupled with a high life or ES pool which the guardian can provide. Chuck in gear that somehow seems to be perfect for this setup such as shav's (obviously), presence of chayula & death's door. With some standard ES gear to top it off and some flasks such as the sorrow and divine, witchfire and rumi's we're running around with an easy 10k ES. With the 3 purities our resists are 82, 81, 82. Rumi's active over 12k armor. With witchfire there's even 20%+ evasion. What more do you want from your defences?
Offensive we got RF taking take of the small white mobs. Even a magic pack will generally disintegrate. Rare mobs easily fall with a couple of seconds of scorching ray. But then the bosses and tankier mobs. Drop a orb of storm to proc EE, get the stacks of scorching ray. All of the sudden they have -74% fire resistence. You will start to see the hp of your foes go down faster and faster while outregen nearly everything they throw at you. and I'm going to say, it feels damn good.

Tho I have to admit, this gear is about min-maxing. which makes it even more fun then most other builds. The first treshhold you need to reach is tot sustain RF. Generally with purity of fire, vitality and a rise of the phoenix. Once you've done that you're ready to roll. From that point you start acquiring upgrades which make you stronger every time. Get a shav's, go lowlife. Spike in damage / defences. Get a Death's door, stop caring about bleeds. Get a presence of chayula, laugh at your ridiculous ES and ability to tank everything. You are now a tank. Keep rolling onward.

My gear in the Harbinger league after about 2 weeks:
Spoiler

For anyone who ever ran a RF or scorching ray build and enjoyed it: I would wholeheartedly recommand you check out this build and try it.

Legacy League: Supreme Build. Tanky, fast, trivializes all bosses. Finely tuned.
"
Rakschas666 wrote:
TL;DR: Supreme build. Tanky, quite fast, trivializes bosses. Obviously reflect immune. A feast for the eyes, very fun and akin to the joy of creating a perfectly tuned clockwork.

-----------------------------

I had never tried a guardian before and took this as a end of the league project. It has been phenomenal. I've hardly ever felt that "when a plan finally comes together" feeling as strong as with this one.

Leveling is as hard as you make it on yourself. I leveled this as a life based SR spellcaster and it was smooth. Ascend to guardian and get the "Time of need" as soon as possible, it's bonkers. It took like 10 respec points later to transition to the LL tree showed above, all those and more you get through the quests anyways.

I've been able to sustain RF on LL at around level 70 and with purities around gemlevel 17. As soon as you start using RF everything is a total breeze, as you kill all white and low hp base blue trash by simply running through them once.

Capping resists isnt hard on this build either, you need good gear, but not gear thats insanely expensive. A lot of the stuff that boots your dmg by insane amounts is rather niche and so far priced very cheaply. The level 4 enlightens (or running a conquerors jewel) are necessary if you want to use a 4th aura on mana, there is no reason you are fored to run all 3 purities though. Capping resistances is not harsh on this build.

I encourage everyone comming here to give this a try!
Thanks to Ahfack for this build and guide!

Full extensive write-up with pob/screenshots
"
Un_kn0wn wrote:
So I've played this build in all kinds of variations. Pohx version and Yalani's, Life and Low Life, with and without Scorching ray. But this version.... Oh man let me tell ya!

So I'm a absolute fanboy when it comes to RF. I love the mechanic and that you really have to build around this gem so it doesn't kill you! It's the most expensive build I ever had! And also the saves, strongest and most fun one!

I dumped a LOT of currency into that character but just yesterday I got the Helmet as the last piece of the Pain Train that is now perfectly working. I would never change anything besides Mirroring Ahfack's stuff to make it perfect.

My Gear:
Spoiler

I can farm everything in the game with this setup. Shaper, Uber Atziri, Hall of the Grandmasters you name it's no problem with this build. And not only can you play brainless if you want by turning on RF and walking around, maybe drop a Orb of Storms here and there. You can also play very acitvely with Scorching Ray and Warping around. And for uber lab farming this build is just insane! No brain walk through traps don't give a damn! ;D

The defensives on this build are absolutely insane and you only have to worry about no regen. You are Block capped for the most part, You have insane regen, All your resists are over 80% and you got a Good amount of Armour so you midigate the small hits as well. And on top of all that good stuff you get very good DPS 1.4 million with my current gear.

For me this is by all means the best Allround build ever! It is a bit costy but which build isn't costy on a high level? ;)

Hope you all have fun playing this build and thank you Ahfack for making this version for the endgame :D <3

Screenshot's of Tooltip and PoB:

Spoiler
Def stats with Bastion of Hope

Def stats with BoH and Flasks

EHP and Mana

Scorching Ray Tooltip

Path of building stuff

Scorching ray 1 stage

Righteous Fire

SR with all flasks and buffs

RF with all flasks and buffs (inc AOE)

RF with all falsks and buffs (conc Effect)

Harbinger League: Starting to Farm Hall of Grandmasters
"
Tatsuya wrote:
So i managed to full clear hall of grandmasters with this build at 11k ES. Was easy for the most part excluding a few high phys dmg characters that could 1 shot me if i positioned badly. With more ES and dmg it should be a fairly efficient farm.

Harbinger League: Halls of Grandmasters first try! First time ever! And on a 5L!
"
Ethario wrote:
I Just completed the halls of the grandmaster (first try) with this build. Simply amazing only came close to death 2 times.

5L SR (lvl 21 tho), first time I ever completed it, simply amazing !

Harbinger League: First Time killing shaper ever
"
Anvesi wrote:
Finally mustered up my courage to attempt the Shaper, for the first time ever...

And with succes :)
First kill with 2 deaths, gloves dropped
Second kill with 1 death, boots dropped.
Not bad at all considering I've never done him before! I feel a little bit proud now <3

Thanks Afhack for all the support!
Onward to more shaper kills & uber atzi is next!

Harbinger League: First shaper in three leagues! Nice Uber Farm
"
Z0ud wrote:
Shaper down first try ( 1 tp left) with this build (nice uberfarm btw :D)

My first shaper in three leagues

Thanks a lot Ahfack !

Harbinger League: First Shaper Down! level 88 with lvl 19 un-q'd gems
"
Scilarion wrote:
Killed my first Shaper! Not deathless; all due to either error or not being quick enough on the mechanics. Did it with mediocre gear, level 88 and with level 19 gems with barely any quality. A couple of levels, level 20 gems and I reckon I could do it deathless.

Cheers AhFack :D

Harbinger League: Some leveling tips/thoughts
"
soulesschild wrote:
Level 85 now. Definitely one of my most relaxing and fun builds. Definitely going to finish this out to end of league as I'm a bit tired of my Cycloner's squishyness in certain situations.

I had gear that I liquidated (woo love when people pay exorbitant amounts for perfectly rolled items. Got 20ex from my 40% belly). So my view is slightly skewed as I went LL ASAP. I would say I invested close to 15ex to get all the gear together. Maybe a bit less as I spent 2-3 ex buying jewels/gloves/rings to craft. RIP, should have just bought them off poe.trade but I was stubborn to get exactly what I wanted. Still didn't end up quite right.

Generally just gonna focus on getting gems up and getting the mana reservation enchant so I can run clarity. Mana regen is still sort of an issue for me as I can't just AFK hold down SR. I could just swap PoL or PoI depending on the situation but I'm just lazy. RF + EE pretty much eliminates any trash while a bit of SR downs most map bosses/rares easily.

Sitting at about 8.6k ES. All maxed res, 55% chaos resist which is not too shabby.

General thoughts,

- Leveling can be done with RF if you invest a bit in some starter uniques.

Basically let me level with RF for the most part and just AFK/shield charge through everything and RF just passively kills.

A lot of the gear aside from Presence and Shav's is actually pretty cheap. Maybe 3.0 ES nerfs made a lot of things I feel underpriced. Rings I got for about 1ex a piece. Belt was 1 ex. Gloves actually I got for 50c which I thought was ridiculous.

Still playing around with the passive tree. Haven't decided if I want to go with Derptimes or Ahfacks or do a hybrid. I like the idea of alchemist with the increase dura of flasks and all that jazz but there's just not enough points to go around (I'd have to lose the arsonsist cluster IIRC) I'll play around a bit more with the tree tonight in PoB to compare.

Harbinger League: Playing this build 1 day and did Shaper Deathless!
"
nathanielvd wrote:
Thanks so much for the guide!
Been playing it only for a day but I've already done Shaper deathless (level 84) and I've still got so many upgrades to go! I've done it with level 21 scorching ray and level 20 and the difference is really pretty big I've noticed so I do recommend investing in that if you can :)
For my passive tree just check my profile. Character: I_ALS_LIKE_GREEN_ONES

Here's the gear I use atm:
Spoiler

Edit: I bought the helmet for 2ex. Before that I used the Vertex (same gem links)

And before I got my level 21 Purity of Fire I used this unset ring:
Spoiler

In short: I highly recommend this build for anyone that's kinda done with the league and just wants to lay back and enjoy all the content the game has to offer :) Thanks Ahfack! <3

Edit: Replaced my shield with a decent ES shield with a little spell damage, resists and leo reduced dot craft. Replaced Empower with Stone Golem and went with Oak instead of 2 passives for much more es (9.4k) and more damage too!

Yet another edit:
Last couple of kills I completely forgot to take the "Elemental Equilibrium" passive.. Derp!
Here's a video of a deathless run at level 86 with 9.2k ES. https://youtu.be/sYZLJKdrGMU
Gear used in the video:
Spoiler

Edit: With this shield resistances are currently sitting at 164/132/123/12.
I had 2 passives from bandits and +3 empower in my boots but changing to the shield I had to swap to Stone Golem and Oak's favour. Big changes but also very good ones once you can get a nice shield like this :)

Harbinger League: Completed all content Shaper, Uber Atziri, Hall of Grandmasters
"
Melnevacor wrote:
Thanks for awesome build. Despite being standard optimized, it works very well in temp leagues too. I've managed to complete all content of the game with it - including Hall of the Grandmasters, Shaper and Uber Atziri. Shaper seems to be the toughtest fight for me, since I lack essence crafted gloves and 21 lvl SR, so my DPS is rather on the lower end. Here is my gear in Harbinger:
Spoiler

I strongly recommend using high rolled Sin Trek if you don't have GG legacy gear - after nerfs it's impossible to get that much ES on boots. It boosts my survivability way more than Death Door and allows me to reach 10k ES.

Last edited by Ahfack on Feb 22, 2018, 2:24:47 PM
TL;DR: Supreme build. Tanky, quite fast, trivializes bosses. Obviously reflect immune. A feast for the eyes, very fun and akin to the joy of creating a perfectly tuned clockwork.

I had never tried a guardian before and took this as a end of the league project. It has been phenomenal. I've hardly ever felt that "when a plan finally comes together" feeling as strong as with this one.

Leveling is as hard as you make it on yourself. I leveled this as a life based SR spellcaster and it was smooth. Ascend to guardian and get the "Time of need" as soon as possible, it's bonkers. It took like 10 respec points later to transition to the LL tree showed above, all those and more you get through the quests anyways.

I've been able to sustain RF on LL at around level 70 and with purities around gemlevel 17. As soon as you start using RF everything is a total breeze, as you kill all white and low hp base blue trash by simply running through them once.

Capping resists isnt hard on this build either, you need good gear, but not gear thats insanely expensive. A lot of the stuff that boots your dmg by insane amounts is rather niche and so far priced very cheaply. The level 4 enlightens (or running a conquerors jewel) are necessary if you want to use a 4th aura on mana, there is no reason you are fored to run all 3 purities though. Capping resistances is not harsh on this build.

"
Rakschas666 wrote:

Glad you enjoy it! Thanks for your extra notes, all notes are welcomed and encouraged!
Looks really good! Keep up the good work!
Decent items?: /view-thread/2260543
Okey stream?:twitch.tv/Meatheone
Feel free to ask me questions ingame @Princess_Mea!
PM support if you encounter any bugs or need help!
GG build Ahfack. I might switch over.
once the laser blue mtx comes out, GGG to the GGG-eth power.
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
Hey looks nice build , strong etc GG!
Great guide!

Maybe a +2 skin of the loyal together with the new corruscating elixir is an alternative to shavs? Or just a strong ES chest in general together with that flask?

Your shield is insane lol...hoping to be able to craft sth similar-ish in Legacy :D
Mortalo's Mirror Mania

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1872121

Creator of Blood Wing, Entropy Grinder, Eagle Hunger, Corruption Bite, Entropy Lock
Thanks guys!

This build has been buffed in 2.6

www.poeurl.com/6b1

They changed the location of Zealot's oath and that gives us an extra 26% ele dmg and RF has more base AoE. Since we don't scale AoE at all this is a great buff for us!
Thanks to my guildie Markusz for this great spreadsheet showing AoE changes in 2.6

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/161PEMgaN6sHRy-tV7B06kP1_f6Ao9QNDGotXJcYpeHw/edit#gid=0

Current 2.5 Base Area for lvl 20 RF 616
Future 2.6 Base Area for lvl 20 RF 1662

GG!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info