[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
baru_monkey wrote:
"
EsperP wrote:
Explosive Impact seems a bit meh to be honest. 4 points for what's basically 1 jewel of stats. Taking MoM over those points seems fine, especially since raw ES also gives damage. I've skipped Explosive Impact entirely and I'm not missing the cluster at all. In a couple levels I'll have the points to redo my tree a bit more and I'll try out MoM then.

Testing in PoB:
ES goes up from 15,059 to 15,572
RF DPS goes down from 534,683 to 524,394

1.8% dps for 500 es seems ok. It's more dps than that ofc since SR would be lower. But you're talking about the insane mirrored standard gear that Ahfack has. His tree is optimised for that, he makes sure to say it very clearly in the OP so that league players don't mistakenly try to follow his build blindly.

For league players his choices of taking as much damage as he can might not be ideal for their particular gear setups. He goes for life+chaos res instead of +resist/+15% es because it makes sense to him to cap his chaos res, while for people with 2/3rds of his es the chaos res might not even factor. I think it's important to play around with your setup, gems and tree to best work with the gear you have available - I've certainly tested a lot of different things and have plans for more stuff I'd like to tinker with.

For league players you can also look at the profile of Uberdan (PoEDan79- https://pastebin.com/hmM5V1Za) who was using LL SR RF to farm shaper in HC Harbinger, he has a pretty different tree since he obviously focuses a lot more on defence. But I learnt a lot just by comparing the two trees and figuring out why people made the choices they did.

Another person to look at might be PressStarttoPaws (Kisaryn) who played SR RF extensively in the 3.0 beta and is playing one on HC now and takes a slightly different approach again, using a multimmodded +2 gem auras helm rather than go for empowers.

tl/dr: us league players, like the guy you were replying to, can't blindly follow a build designed for GG legacy gear, we have to try to make informed choices and keep updating and testing the stuff we're doing. This has been the most interesting build I've played mostly because every little change has so many effects.
How does Elemental Equilibrium work with this build? I just got some great gloves below, but they have added fire damage on them... does that basically make them useless to me because it will buff enemies against fire damage?

"
Ramziese wrote:
How does Elemental Equilibrium work with this build? I just got some great gloves below, but they have added fire damage on them... does that basically make them useless to me because it will buff enemies against fire damage?

If you use shield charge yes. If you use lw you're fine
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
EsperP wrote:
"
baru_monkey wrote:
"
EsperP wrote:
Explosive Impact seems a bit meh to be honest. 4 points for what's basically 1 jewel of stats. Taking MoM over those points seems fine, especially since raw ES also gives damage. I've skipped Explosive Impact entirely and I'm not missing the cluster at all. In a couple levels I'll have the points to redo my tree a bit more and I'll try out MoM then.

Testing in PoB:
ES goes up from 15,059 to 15,572
RF DPS goes down from 534,683 to 524,394

1.8% dps for 500 es seems ok. It's more dps than that ofc since SR would be lower. But you're talking about the insane mirrored standard gear that Ahfack has. His tree is optimised for that, he makes sure to say it very clearly in the OP so that league players don't mistakenly try to follow his build blindly.

For league players his choices of taking as much damage as he can might not be ideal for their particular gear setups. He goes for life+chaos res instead of +resist/+15% es because it makes sense to him to cap his chaos res, while for people with 2/3rds of his es the chaos res might not even factor. I think it's important to play around with your setup, gems and tree to best work with the gear you have available - I've certainly tested a lot of different things and have plans for more stuff I'd like to tinker with.

For league players you can also look at the profile of Uberdan (PoEDan79- https://pastebin.com/hmM5V1Za) who was using LL SR RF to farm shaper in HC Harbinger, he has a pretty different tree since he obviously focuses a lot more on defence. But I learnt a lot just by comparing the two trees and figuring out why people made the choices they did.

Another person to look at might be PressStarttoPaws (Kisaryn) who played SR RF extensively in the 3.0 beta and is playing one on HC now and takes a slightly different approach again, using a multimmodded +2 gem auras helm rather than go for empowers.

tl/dr: us league players, like the guy you were replying to, can't blindly follow a build designed for GG legacy gear, we have to try to make informed choices and keep updating and testing the stuff we're doing. This has been the most interesting build I've played mostly because every little change has so many effects.

Well said sir!
As I promised, here is the shaper video https://youtu.be/iDjhm-pvGNI

And I had these items on me:

I think I can say this is "low budget" build compared to my goal.
Last edited by asdrockyasd on Sep 15, 2017, 2:21:39 PM
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
Ramziese wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question! Oh man. I've actually been using Flame Dash as my movement skill. I guess I should replace it with LW. So, LW to trigger Elemental Equilibrium and then OoS to trigger Elemental Overload, is that right?
"
asdrockyasd wrote:
I think I can say this is "low budget" build compared to my goal.

Cue me making a sad face at the slow climb to enough money for a Presence and Death's Door :(
"
Ramziese wrote:
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
Ramziese wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question! Oh man. I've actually been using Flame Dash as my movement skill. I guess I should replace it with LW. So, LW to trigger Elemental Equilibrium and then OoS to trigger Elemental Overload, is that right?

Lw is king!
"
EsperP wrote:

Hello, I'm trying to make this build on HC harbingrer, I've checked the two pob and have a hard time to find out where their DPS difference come from. Same with how he did take a more defences approach ? To me it just looks like he has lower gear ?? He use Rise of the phoenix is it just to farm atziri easily ??

I'm trying to make it work but I have no idea how this build is tanky or not especially vs physical dmg.
Would anyone be willing to take a look at my tree and gear and give me some direction? I'm brand new to llrf. I've read through the guide and am really enjoying the build thus far (dmg and es is insane), but am struggling to sustain rf. I'm wondering if it's simply a matter of levels and needing more regen, or if I'm messing up somewhere. Still very much working on the build (buying things, leveling gems etc), but would really appreciate some advice on sustaining RF.

Edit: After some testing, I've realized that I can only sustain during ruby flask effect, when my max res is all the way at 94. Normally I'm 88/75/76.

Thank you Ahfack and everyone else for this amazing build. :)

Gear below. Some links might be missing as I work on the build. Also many gems are bad. Just place holders until I level them or buy the upgrades.

Spoiler

Maybe one day GGG will realize we don't like Labyrinth. ha.
Last edited by coolchrisTV on Sep 15, 2017, 11:08:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info