[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
If you're doing ok for regen and have a different path that works well for you (your specific gear really does make a difference on which nodes you should personally go for, gearing is that tight and especially important with game changing mods like % ES with Discipline vs ES from Clarity on Eyes or % ES recovery on a belt) don't hesitate to adjust your tree slightly. I've gone through 4 or 5 different versions of trees as I've slowly upgraded jewels and gear as different parts of the build needed more support depending on the gearing.

Thanks for the response. I agree with you 100%. I also think my tree and gearing haven't really need tweaking since I'm still leveling the build, and I'm only dealing with Tier 9 maps and bosses. Right now I feel pretty invincible. At what point map-wise do you start feeling like you have to pay more attention to the map mods, abyss monsters, rolling beyond, deciding to skip bosses, etc.?

Without the feeling that I'm in any real danger of dying, I'm only focusing on dmg and clear speed. I'd like to avoid that wall if it exists :)
Hi do you think this sceptre worth to change from Doryani. I checked on POB the dot dps is lower that doryani. If i want increase more dps what type of mods i must looking for?
Thanks for reply

"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
It's the wasted open prefix that can be master crafted on that's an issue. It's literally the same as having a white ruby flask and missing out on helpful rolls (5% movespeed) that you could have there.

Master crafting is far more complicated than just rolling a flask. No other prefixes are useful and everything else is red. If you always use or sell your divine orbs right away and never get this mod on belts, it's incredibly easy to overlook it. And it's not that useful either, because it won't make me much faster and with my current ES rolls it's just not worth diving it if the movement speed roll is bad.

Thanks for the heads up though, I'll definitely upgrade it if I keep the belt.

"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
It's providing a 20% increase to all of our sources of ES regen. So everytime we scale ES elsewhere on our build or grab life regen on the tree, we're gaining even more regen from it. You can't get that on any other slot and it's very powerful to help keep us alive. We can get res elsewhere, we can get ES elsewhere, but ES recovery we can only get on the belt. It's why those belts are so expensive and why they're still worth it.

Throwing my own belt on your character (and force maxing out your fire res just to check numbers) your net regen would jump from +484.3 to +831 while your ES would only drop from 9792 to 9760. A pretty fair trade even if we need to make up resistances elsewhere (and completely ignoring the damage scaling it allows us to achieve with the jewel slot). Even if we drop the Abyss jewel it allows us to use (where you can grab some res to help out or even more regen) and drop all stats from the belt bar a 15% ES recovery roll (going real worst case here), there's still a very significant jump in regen taking you from +484.3 to +694.3 (though with zero other stats that would be a ~600 loss in ES pool... so I'd deffo try and get one with some stats and still throw a jewel in there).

It's not easy to find a good one that's affordable and works well with existing gear, it'll always be a challenge, but there's no question that a ES Recovery roll on the belt is certainly best in slot for this build once you can afford it and have the other pieces of gear you need to accommodate it.

Alright, I see the point. I guess I'd need to get the % ES on the belt like you to close the gap though, which makes it even harder to craft the belt myself or find one for sale.

At the end of the day, I'll probably have to change both rings, my scepter and gloves to switch my belt safely. It would require so much change for someone who's already done all guardians that it's probably the least of my worries. Unless I farm tons of currency to push the limits of the build, it's probably going to be an unnecessary pain. I may also have to grab Faith and Steel for the resistance boost instead of Path of Savant, but that's the least of my worries since it's almost the same in terms of ES.

As for the Phoenix, I did it a couple of days ago. Since the old guide says we can handle - max res mods with RotP, I decided to face the boss with RF on and only turn it off if I began to degen. Much to my surprise, I never had issues with degen. It may have been my 2.4% ES regen Watcher's Eye there, not sure what would have happened without it. The RotP also made the -50 res debuff a non-issue since I was well overcapped. My initial worry was due to the fact that the debuff lingers for a little while after the explosion.
"
Shinro28 wrote:
Thanks for replying !

The health flask is useful for me because sometimes my life goes to 1 (against hard boss for example) and my RF goes off, and if I have only 1 point life I can't put it on again...

I don't get it. How does that even happen? Doesn't that mean you're already dead and back in your hideout - which means all your life is restored and your auras are off? If my ES is all gone and I have to hang on to the 130 unreserved life I have, I'm dead (130? I should probably level my clarity then).

Not sure what I'm missing here, but it can't be chaos damage bypassing your ES because shavronne's wrappings prevents that from happening. My RF has gone off a few times against mobs, but it can't be the same case. It seems like a bug in my case and I never had any issues turning RF on again when that happened.

Seriously, I have no idea how that happens to you.

"
vpburns007 wrote:
At what point map-wise do you start feeling like you have to pay more attention to the map mods, abyss monsters, rolling beyond, deciding to skip bosses, etc.?

Without the feeling that I'm in any real danger of dying, I'm only focusing on dmg and clear speed. I'd like to avoid that wall if it exists :)

Once I got good gear/jewels and 8-9k ES, I started to shit all over mobs, no mater what tier. Guardians are obviously a little more challenging, but I avoided bad mods like more life, hydra with extra projectiles, phoenix with -max res, chimera with vulnerability, etc, and had no major issues against them.

You can still do a couple of things like getting a solid Rumi and maybe a circlet with higher ES (the Vertex goes up to 300), but other than that you're probably alright. Or maybe you'll need very specific tweaks.

As for map mods that can be troublesome, they're in the old guide. Some mods can be done with RotP, which is nice.
Last edited by vhapter on Feb 9, 2018, 3:21:48 PM
Thanks all for the help and great comments, I managed to get my reserved mana and auras together w/o the empower by running BM-enl3-vitality-PoI in the vertex, and enl4-PoF-PoL-Discipline in boots, and clarity in random socket. im gonna aim to swap PoI and Discipline when I upgrade my vertex.

"
vhapter wrote:
"
neXus8008132 wrote:
2. regarding the reserved mana in the build. im runnin Enlighten 4 in my vertex, which gives me a 0,84 mana multiplier, which in combination of the 5 reserve mana nodes (6% and 4x 4%) gives me a mana multiplier in my vertex, when couple with PoL, PoF, PoI and enlighten, of (105*0,84*0,94*0,96*0,96*0,96*0,96) = 70,72% reserved mana. My 5 reserve nodes affect my vitality by (35*0,94*0,96*0,96*0,96*0,96) = 27,95% reserved mana.
This gives me a total of (105*0,84*0,94*0,96*0,96*0,96*0,96)+(35*0,94*0,96*0,96*0,96*0,96) = 98,4% reserved mana. How are people able to run a enlighten level 3 and still sustain all the auras, since a enlighten lvl 3 gives you 101,7% reserved mana? have I missed something crucial here.

I'm unable to make sense of all these numbers, but what you need is all aura passives and conqueror's efficiency OR a reservation enchantment. I tried lvl4 enlighten on my Vertex and for some reason it worked exactly the same way as a lvl3 enlighten. So yeah, you need either the enchantment or the jewel.

OR you can give up empower and swap gems around, which gives you a bit more ES actually. I asked this question very recently. Just search for conqueror's efficiency until you find the post, it explains what gems you need to swap.

thanks for the answears man, 105 refers to the total sum of reserved mana, unaffected by nodes, and the factors it get multiplied with refers to all the different resources fo mana reservation. lvl4 enlighten worked on my vertex, so dunno why it didnt work for you.

"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
"
neXus8008132 wrote:
3. My ES reg feels very low. is it due to the lack of a watchers eye or is there any toehr way for me to increase it?
A Watcher's Eye would make a big difference, a % ES regen with Discipline Eye would more than double your regen and even a flat regen with Vitality would be close to an 80% increase with good rolls on your current regen, but both can be pretty expensive.

Also on the expensive side look at getting one of the 20% ES recovery belts. The prices can be crazy, or some great deals that pop up too, but even if you're paying a big price it's worth it as we're relatively limited on effective ways of scaling regen in that manner.

In the short term, spec out of the two nodes to Purity of Flesh and grab the 2 node jewel socked under Templar instead. That'll allow you to scale ES (either 8% ES or +40 flat on an Abyss jewel) which helps increase your regen while also increasing your life pool and scaling your RF damage too.

If going for the flat ES you can try and combine it with a regen while moving mod which would give you a further boost (though situational and doesn't help while channeling SR). Worth seeing if you can find some jewels to upgrade your existing two too. Jewels are a great way of damage scaling, so worth investing in. I'd aim for a minimum of 20% damage per jewel socket, along with the flat or % ES, as a starting point for upgrades there (can be any combination of Burning Damage, Fire Damage, Elemental Damage or Damage Over Time. They all scale both SR and RF. Spell damage only scales SR and Area Damage only scales RF, so take care with those two being less valuable for us).

Using a l21 PoF in a Vertex means it's only hitting l22. We only get that extra +1% max fire res at l23, so worth considering moving that around to lower your degen (which increases your net regen as a result and also better mitigates incoming fire damage). You'd need to switch to either a +2 Sceptre or an unset to achieve l23, so you'll probably end up trading some damage for that extra defense.

After that, just scale ES as much as you can with better gear/jewels/stacking intelligence and it'll slowly start adding up.

Your Vertex can roll a fair bit higher on ES. You can grab +280 rolls fairly cheap and if you have a decent Enchant on one to flip can easily get something pushing towards 300 ES. Your Doryani can roll nearly 20% more damage too, so worth trying to bump that up too. The gloves can easily be upgraded too. If you're getting Delirium rolled you want something +140ish ES. If they're not Delirium (they really should be if you're not using a helm with socketed supports built in, that 30% damage is great) you want something much closer to 200 ES.

Thanks for alot of info, I see now that I have plenty of room for impreovement, Ill take all the item upgrades into consideration, need some more currency first :P

I also acquired a 2,2 reg watchers eye, and my base reg went from 1,2-1,4k, so it didnt double (or do i miss something)

"
neXus8008132 wrote:
I also acquired a 2,2 reg watchers eye, and my base reg went from 1,2-1,4k, so it didnt double (or do i miss something)
No, I probably just wasn't clear enough there.

Our base ES regen is fairly irrelevant compared to our "Net Life Regen", which is our regen minus our RF degen from life and ES. You'll often see us talk about getting your Purity of Fire to level 23 to improve your regen, when in reality it's decreasing your degen so that your net life regen increases.

I'm not sure if I'd call it shorthand, me being lazy or simply being ambiguous... but that's all on me. Whenever I said 'regen' there I should have been referring to Net Life Regen instead.

"
vhapter wrote:
... with my current ES rolls it's just not worth diving it if the movement speed roll is bad.
In those cases you can just remove the master craft and recraft it without touching any of the existing rolls. Works well as long as you're not going for a more expensive multi craft or the likes.

"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
"
vhapter wrote:
... with my current ES rolls it's just not worth diving it if the movement speed roll is bad.
In those cases you can just remove the master craft and recraft it without touching any of the existing rolls. Works well as long as you're not going for a more expensive multi craft or the likes.

True. It would be really stupid to reroll the belt, but it's not that bad if you just remove the mod. A bit expensive for a mod that doesn't help you that much in that it'll still be a slow build anyway. But it's definitely an option I'll keep in mind depending on how much spare cash I'm willing to spend on it. Thanks for the tip.
"
Hi do you think this sceptre worth to change from Doryani. I checked on POB the dot dps is lower that doryani. If i want increase more dps what type of mods i must looking for?
Thanks for reply

That sceptre has a lot less dps than Doryani's. The +2 fire gems is nice, and would allot you to switch a +3 unset ring for an Opal. Penetration is useless for us, because RF and SR don't hit. They are degens which never benefit from penetration.

Good stats too look for:

In addition stuff like cast speed and shaped mods that give extra area/elemental damage.

"
Fritso wrote:
"
Thanks for reply

That sceptre has a lot less dps than Doryani's. The +2 fire gems is nice, and would allot you to switch a +3 unset ring for an Opal. Penetration is useless for us, because RF and SR don't hit. They are degens which never benefit from penetration.

Good stats too look for:

In addition stuff like cast speed and shaped mods that give extra area/elemental damage.

thanks for reply. i dont understand how important +2 fire gems does it affect with fire skill gems like RF or SR ? will it better stick with unset ring and buy sceptre with alot of dot damages like fire damage/spell damage/cast speed/burning damage/ ?
"

thanks for reply. i dont understand how important +2 fire gems does it affect with fire skill gems like RF or SR ? will it better stick with unset ring and buy sceptre with alot of dot damages like fire damage/spell damage/cast speed/burning damage/ ?

The reason for the +2 fire gems on sceptre is that you can now put your lvl 21 Purity of Fire in there to get it to lvl 23 for the extra max res. This means you no longer have to use an empower or +2/3 unset ring to get it to lvl 23.

Untill you can get a +2 secptre with somewhat compareable dmg to a doryani's catalyst you're probably better off staying with the unset/empower option.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info