[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
neXus8008132 wrote:
2. regarding the reserved mana in the build. im runnin Enlighten 4 in my vertex, which gives me a 0,84 mana multiplier, which in combination of the 5 reserve mana nodes (6% and 4x 4%) gives me a mana multiplier in my vertex, when couple with PoL, PoF, PoI and enlighten, of (105*0,84*0,94*0,96*0,96*0,96*0,96) = 70,72% reserved mana. My 5 reserve nodes affect my vitality by (35*0,94*0,96*0,96*0,96*0,96) = 27,95% reserved mana.
This gives me a total of (105*0,84*0,94*0,96*0,96*0,96*0,96)+(35*0,94*0,96*0,96*0,96*0,96) = 98,4% reserved mana. How are people able to run a enlighten level 3 and still sustain all the auras, since a enlighten lvl 3 gives you 101,7% reserved mana? have I missed something crucial here.

I'm unable to make sense of all these numbers, but what you need is all aura passives and conqueror's efficiency OR a reservation enchantment. I tried lvl4 enlighten on my Vertex and for some reason it worked exactly the same way as a lvl3 enlighten. So yeah, you need either the enchantment or the jewel.

OR you can give up empower and swap gems around, which gives you a bit more ES actually. I asked this question very recently. Just search for conqueror's efficiency until you find the post, it explains what gems you need to swap.
"
vhapter wrote:
Aside from that, I couldn't find a scepter with +2 to fire gems that was better than Doryani. Unless the damage over time mod is far superior to increased elemental damage... but that's a level of detail where things get fairly complicated understand. Finding a replacement would allow me to replace my unset ring with opal ring with some ES and resistances. That being said, I wouldn't be able to keep my stone golem and I don't know if the trade-off is worth it.

I wasn't sure either because a well-rolled Doriyani's is superior to a multimodded scepte, or at least that would seem to be the case. However, after I crafted mine I was able to drop the umset ring in favor of an opal which caused my DPS to increase significantly.
Switching from Death's Door to Sin Trek gives me more ES but now it is very hard to survive. This is my first League and still learning game mechanics.
I bought a lot of different items but i dont know what to change.
Also got Energy from Within and Watchers Eye on Tree

Or should i maybe change back to Death's Door and maybe with Doryani's Catalyst and PoF in Ring?

Any help would be appreciated!
This is my item

I feeling a bit squishy previously i was using a lv 20 purity of fire and try guardian guardian totally wack me !!
i have upgrade to lv 21 now +

now what shall i do?

what jewel you guy suggust i hear
ur recommend watcher's eye

what map mod should i really avoid
beside no map regen?
░▀▄░░▄▀
▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄░▀█▀▐░▌
█▒░▒░▒░█▀█░░█░▐░▌
█░▒░▒░▒█▀█░░█░░█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄███══════
Last edited by pro2017 on Feb 9, 2018, 2:07:49 AM
"
vhapter wrote:
"
Shinro28 wrote:
Hi ! Having fun with this build but I have big troubles with guardians.. They hit too hard lol

What can i upgrade ? thanks

Spoiler

A life flask, really?? I find it hard to believe this is not a troll, but ok...
I'll help, but I'll be rough (lol) so be warned.

* Obviously, a granite is a horrible pick for the build at this point. Get a Rumi's Concoction as the guide recommends.
* Get a sulphur of heat.
* You're playing low life for crying out loud. If you still have the scion life wheel and whatnot, time to respec. And replace your life flask with a quicksilver of adrenaline (or another suffix if you so desire).
* You know an item called orb an transmutation? Yeah, use that on your ruby flask. Because I can't believe you're trying to do guardians with a normal flask. Reroll it with alts until you get a ruby flask of staunching, since you don't have death's door.
* For the love of Chris Wilson, get quality on all your flasks. Baubles are incredibly cheap. It only takes 4 to get 20% quality if it's a white flask, then you roll the mods and that's it. For uniques, it takes 20 but it's so cheap that it doesn't matter.
* Get 2-3 jewels that give you some dps + ES. Also get the Energy from Within (I think that's the name) jewel as the guide recommends.
* Why do you not have fortify linked to shield charge???
* You either want lvl20 purity of fire on a +3 unset ring or lvl21 purity of fire on a scepter with +2 level of fire gems.
* The ES rolls you have on your chest and chest are awful. Reroll them with a divine orb until they're closer to respective cap.
* Get a pair of gloves with better ES whenever you get a chance. The rolls is awful, but it's not worth divining it.
* Use blessed orbs on your chest until you get 9-10% spell damage.
* If you can get a shield like the one posted recently (230+ ES, +2 max fire res, reduced dmg over time taken), it would give you a ton of ES as well. It's expensive though.

There. I'm being a little bit of a jerk here lol, but I hope this helps.

Thanks for replying !

The health flask is useful for me because sometimes my life goes to 1 (against hard boss for example) and my RF goes off, and if I have only 1 point life I can't put it on again...
"
neXus8008132 wrote:
How are people able to run a enlighten level 3 and still sustain all the auras
To make it work with a 3 (or a pseudo 4 to be more accurate, it needs the Vertex to work with a 3) we reserve 2 of the 35% auras on Blood Magic (BM in the helm along with an Enlighten and any two of the 35% auras), remove the Empower from the setup (lower draw on mana) and swap to a lower level Clarity (further reduce the draw on mana).

https://poe.mikelat.com/#iH=kzu/9b.Np/VEOr.B5/9b.fTe

That'll leave you at 94% reserved life assuming a l20 Blood Magic. If you're pushing to min/max it you could hold at l16 (pseudo l17) to get 98% reserved for a slight armour boost. It'll also leave you at 84% reserved mana without Clarity active. So then adjust your Clarity to match your specific setup to leave you with around 60 unreserved mana. That tends to vary from level 5 to level 8.

"
neXus8008132 wrote:
3. My ES reg feels very low. is it due to the lack of a watchers eye or is there any toehr way for me to increase it?
A Watcher's Eye would make a big difference, a % ES regen with Discipline Eye would more than double your regen and even a flat regen with Vitality would be close to an 80% increase with good rolls on your current regen, but both can be pretty expensive.

Also on the expensive side look at getting one of the 20% ES recovery belts. The prices can be crazy, or some great deals that pop up too, but even if you're paying a big price it's worth it as we're relatively limited on effective ways of scaling regen in that manner.

In the short term, spec out of the two nodes to Purity of Flesh and grab the 2 node jewel socked under Templar instead. That'll allow you to scale ES (either 8% ES or +40 flat on an Abyss jewel) which helps increase your regen while also increasing your life pool and scaling your RF damage too.

If going for the flat ES you can try and combine it with a regen while moving mod which would give you a further boost (though situational and doesn't help while channeling SR). Worth seeing if you can find some jewels to upgrade your existing two too. Jewels are a great way of damage scaling, so worth investing in. I'd aim for a minimum of 20% damage per jewel socket, along with the flat or % ES, as a starting point for upgrades there (can be any combination of Burning Damage, Fire Damage, Elemental Damage or Damage Over Time. They all scale both SR and RF. Spell damage only scales SR and Area Damage only scales RF, so take care with those two being less valuable for us).

Using a l21 PoF in a Vertex means it's only hitting l22. We only get that extra +1% max fire res at l23, so worth considering moving that around to lower your degen (which increases your net regen as a result and also better mitigates incoming fire damage). You'd need to switch to either a +2 Sceptre or an unset to achieve l23, so you'll probably end up trading some damage for that extra defense.

After that, just scale ES as much as you can with better gear/jewels/stacking intelligence and it'll slowly start adding up.

Your Vertex can roll a fair bit higher on ES. You can grab +280 rolls fairly cheap and if you have a decent Enchant on one to flip can easily get something pushing towards 300 ES. Your Doryani can roll nearly 20% more damage too, so worth trying to bump that up too. The gloves can easily be upgraded too. If you're getting Delirium rolled you want something +140ish ES. If they're not Delirium (they really should be if you're not using a helm with socketed supports built in, that 30% damage is great) you want something much closer to 200 ES.

"
Shinro28 wrote:

Thanks for replying !

The health flask is useful for me because sometimes my life goes to 1 (against hard boss for example) and my RF goes off, and if I have only 1 point life I can't put it on again...

If that is the case, use a portal to reset your health and all flasks. Don't waste a flask slot for it! An extra defensive flask could make you have a lot easier time against those bosses.
Loving this build, and I'm also glad the OP and others are taking time to respond to comments in this thread. I'll add my personal comments and gear and then ask some questions of my own at the bottom.

Currently lvl 87, it was cheaper to find the elder helmet with lvl 20 burning damage than the DoT gloves, and my Path of Building DPS is roughly the same.

Switched to RF at lvl 70, ran beach, gorge, then toxic sewer, and now waste pool, keeping my avg xp/hr between 250-300 mil. Now I'm at about 200-225, and once my xp/hr drops more, I'll move on Poorjoy's Rots.

I'm running an animate guardian with double dyadus, makes bosses melt that much faster :)

I think I'm good on what to upgrade, except Death's door. I can't justify the expense of those boots, when I can just press my staunching flask!

On the skill tree, why to we take the long journey down to Arsonist? So many other points on the tree give better avg DoT per point. I've taken Ash, Frost and Storm at the moment, but that's until I find the right Jewel and I'll respec those. I currently have 9,182 ES, and PoB DoT damage at around 121k. If you'd like anymore info about my character please let me know!

Thanks in advance for your comments!
"
vhapter wrote:
Relax man, nobody is trying to make others feel bad here.
I'm very relaxed. I'm just aware that belittling and flaming can insult and hurt folk, even if it wasn't the intent. It's one thing to flame and abuse friends where they know it's all in good fun (I'm an Irish smart-ass, so actively do this more than most), but it's something else when it's a stranger on a forum and you've no way of knowing how they might react to it. There's just no need for it to be done is such a patronising and derogatory tone.

"
vhapter wrote:
Also, I don't know why you don't like my belt.

The belt itself is fine.
It's the wasted open prefix that can be master crafted on that's an issue. It's literally the same as having a white ruby flask and missing out on helpful rolls (5% movespeed) that you could have there.

"
vhapter wrote:
And I've talked about this before here, but I have yet to see a proper explanation that justifies changing a whole bunch of gear and still end up losing ES and resistances for this mod. I'd love to hear one as well as tips to make that transition if it's really worthwhile.
It's providing a 20% increase to all of our sources of ES regen. So everytime we scale ES elsewhere on our build or grab life regen on the tree, we're gaining even more regen from it. You can't get that on any other slot and it's very powerful to help keep us alive. We can get res elsewhere, we can get ES elsewhere, but ES recovery we can only get on the belt. It's why those belts are so expensive and why they're still worth it.

Throwing my own belt on your character (and force maxing out your fire res just to check numbers) your net regen would jump from +484.3 to +831 while your ES would only drop from 9792 to 9760. A pretty fair trade even if we need to make up resistances elsewhere (and completely ignoring the damage scaling it allows us to achieve with the jewel slot). Even if we drop the Abyss jewel it allows us to use (where you can grab some res to help out or even more regen) and drop all stats from the belt bar a 15% ES recovery roll (going real worst case here), there's still a very significant jump in regen taking you from +484.3 to +694.3 (though with zero other stats that would be a ~600 loss in ES pool... so I'd deffo try and get one with some stats and still throw a jewel in there).

It's not easy to find a good one that's affordable and works well with existing gear, it'll always be a challenge, but there's no question that a ES Recovery roll on the belt is certainly best in slot for this build once you can afford it and have the other pieces of gear you need to accommodate it.

Glancing back at the thread I notice you mention an issue with Phoenix. I'm open to correction, you'd know better than I would, but I'd hazard a guess the issue there wasn't his 50% resistance debuff (we simply run away from when he's doing his discharge attack and go fill up our flasks on the mobs) and it was his minus max fire res that lowers our regen that was the real challenge there?
(For every 10% of life we take from him he lowers our max fire resistance by 1%, meaning that at 10% of his life remaining we're running it at -9% max res)

With 20% of his life left you're into degen (without flasks or something like Enduring Cry up), not even taking into account the incoming damage from Phoenix or the mobs. If your golem is taken out by the AoE you'd be into degen with 40% of his life remaining. You can imagine how helpful scaling all your regen by 20% might be there.

(Also worth considering swapping out of your rare shield for a RotP for the extra 3% max fire res if you're aiming to do Phoenix with RF up - the extra damage from a high ES rare shield [or belt] doesn't help too much if we're too dead to use it.)

"
vpburns007 wrote:
On the skill tree, why to we take the long journey down to Arsonist? So many other points on the tree give better avg DoT per point.
Arsonist combines damage with regen, so can be more attractive than other potential damage nodes. For leveling in particular it can be handy to have access to Ancestral Knowledge too, it's a great 1 point node to dip in and out of while waiting on notables or jewel sockets.

If you're doing ok for regen and have a different path that works well for you (your specific gear really does make a difference on which nodes you should personally go for, gearing is that tight and especially important with game changing mods like % ES with Discipline vs ES from Clarity on Eyes or % ES recovery on a belt) don't hesitate to adjust your tree slightly. I've gone through 4 or 5 different versions of trees as I've slowly upgraded jewels and gear as different parts of the build needed more support depending on the gearing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info