[3.24]g00fy_goober's EleBuzzsaw Deadeye (Easily Clear All Content) *REVAMPED AGAIN*

"
g00fy_goober wrote:

Survivability is the same everywhere, get good life rolls, get more levels, get belly. Not much else to say, obviously you cant buy perfect gear, but upgrade when you can.

Int problem is covered in guide

Well the problem I am facing is that even tier 3-4 maps are tough, though I have tons dps, my survivability is in a complete dumpster. I know my HP is pretty low, but my char in standard can do tier 9 without much struggle even with pretty much the same HP and worse optimized gear.

I did some testing with just switching out Spectral Throw to Cyclone and my power literally went up like crazy, I can clear any boss I was struggling on and even syndicate drop like flies with -60 chaos res. I no longer get oneshot if I am in range and using the skill.

It feels like there is a problem with my mana, because I cast 2-3 times and my char is just doing nothing for a while and on bosses it's deadly. I will try playing without wrath active to see if having mana makes things easier.

Also the skill feels super clunky in narrow areas, because if you are standing in a doorway it won't work and half of projectiles get destroyed.

Anyways, thanks for the reply, I'll try working on my gear and see if it changes stuff. Cheers.
Nice guide, not tested at all but its powerfull build.
"
Furries wrote:

Well the problem I am facing is that even tier 3-4 maps are tough, though I have tons dps, my survivability is in a complete dumpster. I know my HP is pretty low, but my char in standard can do tier 9 without much struggle even with pretty much the same HP and worse optimized gear.

I did some testing with just switching out Spectral Throw to Cyclone and my power literally went up like crazy, I can clear any boss I was struggling on and even syndicate drop like flies with -60 chaos res. I no longer get oneshot if I am in range and using the skill.

It feels like there is a problem with my mana, because I cast 2-3 times and my char is just doing nothing for a while and on bosses it's deadly. I will try playing without wrath active to see if having mana makes things easier.

Also the skill feels super clunky in narrow areas, because if you are standing in a doorway it won't work and half of projectiles get destroyed.

Anyways, thanks for the reply, I'll try working on my gear and see if it changes stuff. Cheers.

Chars are not showing in your profile so impossible for me to tell you. As long as you have any kind of decent dps and mana leech, mana should not be a problem for you.

As for doorways I completely agree, it is one of the biggest downfalls I have with spectral throw. But once you play it enough you learn to whirl into rooms like that and then have no issues.

"
emitaitajr wrote:
Nice guide, not tested at all but its powerfull build.

Thanks
"
g00fy_goober wrote:

Chars are not showing in your profile so impossible for me to tell you. As long as you have any kind of decent dps and mana leech, mana should not be a problem for you.

As for doorways I completely agree, it is one of the biggest downfalls I have with spectral throw. But once you play it enough you learn to whirl into rooms like that and then have no issues.

Oh, I didn't know they are off by default.

The DPS is insane(except on ele resist mobs, they take a bit to kill as I have no ele pen), but I have no mana leech on my gear, only mana regen rate. I will try putting in a jewel that gives mana on hits. It's not a problem while clearing, just on bosses. I saw that Gemini claws have mana leech too, so I might get one of those. Balancing the gear is a challenge for someone new to the game like me haha.
"
Furries wrote:

but I have no mana leech on my gear

Do you have the Soul Raker on the passive tree? It gives you an 0.8% mana leech, which should be enough.
Hi

I was wondering if you still use Ice Bite for a 5link while leveling or if i should Lightning Penetration instead.
Hello, awesome guide with tons of informations, gj !

Kinda new to the game and i can't understand the purpose of "Orb of Storms".
It doesn't seems to do any decent damage, nor buff myself.

Any information about it plz ?
This build it's really awesome, i'd like to know if the proper gear have to be crafted, dropped or we should buy the items. (Yeah im trully noob yet xD)
Thank you very much.
"
Volband wrote:

Do you have the Soul Raker on the passive tree? It gives you an 0.8% mana leech, which should be enough.

I actually do, but it's not enough sometimes on bosses.
"
TwollHd wrote:
Hello, awesome guide with tons of informations, gj !

Kinda new to the game and i can't understand the purpose of "Orb of Storms".
It doesn't seems to do any decent damage, nor buff myself.

Any information about it plz ?

The way I understand it, you drop it next to the boss(es), so they get cursed by elemental weakness. You don't need to drop it for the other monsters, because when your Herald of Ice shatters them, it spreads the curse in an aoe, like a chain-reaction. But many bosses are completely alone, so you can't apply the curse otherwise.

And to state the obvious: you have to link OoS with the curse Elemental Weakness and Curse On Hit (+Herald of Ice for the mob clear). Elemental Weakness makes them take much more damage from elemental attacks, which is our source of damage in the first place.

A word of advice though: if you want this 4 link combination, don't use a pure Evasion equipment, because trying to get 3 blue sockets on them is an absolute pain - hence I don't have it myself yet.
"
Furries wrote:
"
Volband wrote:

I actually do, but it's not enough sometimes on bosses.

Hmm, could you set your chracter page public? I guess goofy could help you out better if he saw your stuff.

Personally, after I got Soul Rake, I didn't have mana problems even with mediocre gear, except when I started spamming too soon (ie. during boss talking animation). Though I had Spectral Throw 4-linked for a very long time, so like... until Tier ~5 maps, which made it cost less. I still don't have it 6 linked actually.
Last edited by Volband on Dec 15, 2018, 8:54:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info