What would happen if the currency rates would become static?

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
No idea why people think flipping is bad. Flipping involves three people. An eager seller, willing to part with his currency for less than it's value, and an eager buyer willing to pay more than the value for it, and a middle man willing to spend his time dealing with the difference.

The only people butt-hurt by it are people who think they should be able to sell their stuff to the higher paying customer without spending their time on it. Good luck with that.

You must be terrible at english. Who was talking that flipping is bad in this thread? Why does it need people to convert currencies? You cant even answer such simple questions but you brag that it has to be your way.
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
"
webas wrote:

You must be terrible at english. Who was talking that flipping is bad in this thread? ... You cant even answer such simple questions but you brag that it has to be your way.

"
webas wrote:

Wouldnt it be good to make all orbs static? No more flipping. Just convert any orbs in any way you want via vendors. Its already there, just not all currency can be done this way.

"
webas wrote:

Wouldnt it be good...? No more flipping.

Who's bragging?
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
webas wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
No idea why people think flipping is bad. Flipping involves three people. An eager seller, willing to part with his currency for less than it's value, and an eager buyer willing to pay more than the value for it, and a middle man willing to spend his time dealing with the difference.

The only people butt-hurt by it are people who think they should be able to sell their stuff to the higher paying customer without spending their time on it. Good luck with that.

You must be terrible at english. Who was talking that flipping is bad in this thread? Why does it need people to convert currencies? You cant even answer such simple questions but you brag that it has to be your way.

Wow. My way? I haven't traded virtual items in like 12 years. You could find a date on it if you wanted... figure out when Trials of Atlantis came out in for Dark Age of Camelot. Add a few weeks. That was the last time I traded.

Edit: Dang... Oct 2003. 13+ years.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Feb 25, 2017, 6:35:06 PM
Stop hiding shags, we know you are the one behind the big exalt inflation of 2015.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Hard to say, but I imagine a lot of economic activity would halt or be at least encumbered somewhat.

On top of the obvious fixed exchange rate would dictate what items people use more frequently, it would also affect the inflationary expectations, which could result in some weird prices of items on the market.

Basically there's no inflation without expecting to earn money over time, so I imagine expensive items would stay expensive much longer in the league, and cheap items would be slightly more expensive.

Also, who is to determine the exchange rates? If it's GGG, do they change it as league goes on?

That's actually a pretty interesting thought experiment :)
Reality is an illusion, Exile.
Lol, all the traders would flip their shit, no pun intended. After all, being greedy is in their blood.
Would be a great idea. No more secret vendor recipes for exalts/mirrors while also downgrading the value of those hoarding currency/botters/flippers.

You'll make all the flippers angry though. Which will be glorious to see.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
Then it would be redundant to have different orbs = gold instead and not really a market
static currency conversion like 20 chisel for 12 chaos orb through zana

lul worth it
Well, a lot already exsits and no one is complaing that these exists as static vendor conversions:

4 jewels -> 1 fusing (probably the only one which is better than flippers offer)
4 augment -> 1 alteration
2 scouring -> 1 regret orb
2 alterations -> 1 jeweler

Well, these already affect currency rates to some degree.. I just want to hear other opinions if more vendor orbs would be ingame. Why wouldnt that be good or bad? I mean.. why not.
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info